Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread - Page 351

post #5251 of 6229
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunneLVisioN42 View Post

Other than those you can check back for the last few pages to get a good idea between the two. also the sibilance gets better on the MKII after ALOT of burn in
post #5252 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunneLVisioN42 View Post

Other than those you can check back for the last few pages to get a good idea between the two. also the sibilance gets better on the MKII after ALOT of burn in

How much better we talking bout? To u? Almost non existent but noticeable, no longer a bother? Same as above but still a bother?...
post #5253 of 6229

Almost all of my songs display no sibilance, only harsher recording's which are pretty much predisposed to be sibilant because of their nature are, and even those are getting better and I am pretty sure its not just me because I have had a few of my buddies listen to them too and the first question was "how much are these?" these are other headphone enlightened individuals as well not just your average person.

I have not had another headphone maintain such a warm sound while retrieving this much detail, except for the LCD-2's of course haha.

post #5254 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunneLVisioN42 View Post

Every time I listen to this song I hear exactly what you are saying, some of the imaging and water drop sounds get better and better, it just melts away my brain

 

Just wanted to let you know that I loved that song, and bought more of his stuff off of bandcamp, and it's all great stuff. So thanks for posting that!

post #5255 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Just wanted to let you know that I loved that song, and bought more of his stuff off of bandcamp, and it's all great stuff. So thanks for posting that!

Check out Blackmill

post #5256 of 6229

After serving me for one and a half years, my GR07 Mk1 has finally died(right channel has no sound). I am now a sad man.

post #5257 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSlimSeto View Post

After serving me for one and a half years, my GR07 Mk1 has finally died(right channel has no sound). I am now a sad man.


Consider having them re-cabled by BTG-Audio. A number of people have had channels cut out on them in the MK1 and it's because of the silver cable having problems near the jack. Mine should be back from BTG soon and I'll definitely post pics etc. when they get back. I don't have statistical evidence to back me up, but my feeling is that the MK1 has a design flaw that VSonic should fix for free. They have no presence on head-fi, so I'm pretty sure they don't care.

post #5258 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


Consider having them re-cabled by BTG-Audio. A number of people have had channels cut out on them in the MK1 and it's because of the silver cable having problems near the jack. Mine should be back from BTG soon and I'll definitely post pics etc. when they get back. I don't have statistical evidence to back me up, but my feeling is that the MK1 has a design flaw that VSonic should fix for free. They have no presence on head-fi, so I'm pretty sure they don't care.

 

Thank you for the suggestion; sadly however, I live outside the US(Singapore specifically). I think I'll be better off looking for a replacement, instead of bearing the shipping costs and all that trouble. Maybe it's a sign for me to move on!

post #5259 of 6229

^^ mkII? biggrin.gif

post #5260 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSlimSeto View Post

 

Thank you for the suggestion; sadly however, I live outside the US(Singapore specifically). I think I'll be better off looking for a replacement, instead of bearing the shipping costs and all that trouble. Maybe it's a sign for me to move on!


I'm in Vietnam and I stubbornly decided to have them re-cabled instead of getting the MK2. I figure it'll still be cheaper than a new set and I already know first-hand how good Brian's work is. I've also ordered some Meelac triple-flange tips to top it off. If those don't give me a good seal, I might have some custom tips made...obviously I love the 07s.

post #5261 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

^^ mkII? biggrin.gif

It could be an option. Maybe the BE even redface.gif

post #5262 of 6229

Don't do it. The mkII has very good bass. Extra bass just muddies up the rest of the signature. OMG, what am I saying? I have now officially become my father.  blink.gif

post #5263 of 6229
^ This obviously is open to personal opinion. I don't find the bass of the BE's to muddle up anything.
post #5264 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

^ This obviously is open to personal opinion. I don't find the bass of the BE's to muddle up anything.

I don't find the BE to muddy the sound either, this is news to me also. I have both, like both.
post #5265 of 6229

+1 to a slightly muddier sound, separation and detail takes a small hit to me the bass on the MKII is really good, that is just my opinion and taste though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread