Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
Good songs to test bass on headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2245/6/11 at 11:34am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2245/6/11 at 12:08pmpost #18 of 2245/6/11 at 1:05pmpost #19 of 2245/6/11 at 1:45pm
To determine bass extension and basic FR, I use test tones. Like the comment above about the simple bass line, this doesn't actually test how a headphone responds to actual bass in music, but it does tell you the limits. Other than the test tones, I listen to all kinds of music to judge the bass, some genres already mentioned, if not the particular songs. One genre not mentioned is pipe organ music. I have a triple CD of solo organ music by baroque composer Dieterich Buxtehude that has so much bass, it can't be played by an iPod without clipping.
Cibelle's first album also has plenty of bass. I was testing a sort of sensitive ortho straight from my iPod with this album and it distorted so bad the music was unrecognizable. Less bassy music was just fine.post #20 of 2245/6/11 at 2:02pmpost #21 of 2245/6/11 at 3:54pm
jennifer warnes 'way down low'. incredible bottom extension & punch. shakes goodcans enuff to resonate & tickle your ears & lesser cans to 'tick & pop" - sounds of transducer cones overextending so beware! FWIW even my HD650 cant take this at the vol i like but the HE5LE pounds so hard & deep its not only addictive but mesmerizing.post #22 of 2247/8/11 at 8:09ampost #23 of 2247/8/11 at 11:49ampost #24 of 2247/8/11 at 4:06pmpost #25 of 2247/8/11 at 4:13pmHmm, i recently just found a bassy song to use to test headphones. Check out "August" by UKF Dubstep. Quite amazing bass.
Played the song on the PS3, using my 5.1 logitech speakers, and WOW! Was there bass!!!
I placed the volume 1/5 of the way up and there was so much bass that the subwoofee hole could have blown out a candle!
Try downloading the package of 320 bitrate version !
If you do try it, hope you like it!
P.S If you want the 320 bitrate versions of the songs for August, PM me
Edited by mooshimuushi - 7/8/11 at 4:25pmpost #26 of 2247/8/11 at 4:29pm
Lily Allen's "Friend of mine" has amazing lowend both subbass and midbass, K 'Naan album Troubadour.
Edited by ZARIM - 7/9/11 at 2:58pmpost #27 of 2247/8/11 at 6:22pmpost #28 of 2247/8/11 at 6:32pmpost #29 of 2247/8/11 at 7:19pmpost #30 of 2247/11/11 at 4:36am
A song I always like to use to test headphones is Machine No. 2 By Leo Kottke. The version from Mudlark (1971). It's good for a lot of reasons. Firstly, I know the song really well, and secondly it has everything you'd want to test headphones on. The bass is rapid and has many runs up and down the fretboard, there's a lot of fast intricate fingerpicking to test the higher registers, and the drums are simple but integral (mainly bass and snare), AND the recording from mudlark has some good stereo implementation. It's also quite a good recording. It's basically my first stop when I try some new headphones.
This is youtube, so it's not gonna sound too good, but here's a link...
And along the same lines, but with vocals as well (and some incredible double bass from Danny Thompson) Springtime Promises or Light Flight by Pentangle are good choices...
Mind you, these are all folksy tunes...
Edited by greendream - 7/11/11 at 4:56am
- Good songs to test bass on headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 11 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 22 seconds ago
- › FS: Alessandro MS2i 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 1 minute ago
- › Solid Open-Backs for $200 ($300 if bundled with DAC/AMP) 1 minute ago
- › what are the most durable headphones you own 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › YouTube > 24/96 FLAC? 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 5 minutes ago
- › I'm Seller : Cvv + Dumps + Track 1\2 + acc Paypal + do WU transfer... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob