Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Good songs to test bass on headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2505/6/11 at 11:34am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2505/6/11 at 12:08pmpost #18 of 2505/6/11 at 1:05pmpost #19 of 2505/6/11 at 1:45pm
To determine bass extension and basic FR, I use test tones. Like the comment above about the simple bass line, this doesn't actually test how a headphone responds to actual bass in music, but it does tell you the limits. Other than the test tones, I listen to all kinds of music to judge the bass, some genres already mentioned, if not the particular songs. One genre not mentioned is pipe organ music. I have a triple CD of solo organ music by baroque composer Dieterich Buxtehude that has so much bass, it can't be played by an iPod without clipping.
Cibelle's first album also has plenty of bass. I was testing a sort of sensitive ortho straight from my iPod with this album and it distorted so bad the music was unrecognizable. Less bassy music was just fine.post #20 of 2505/6/11 at 2:02pmpost #21 of 2505/6/11 at 3:54pm
jennifer warnes 'way down low'. incredible bottom extension & punch. shakes goodcans enuff to resonate & tickle your ears & lesser cans to 'tick & pop" - sounds of transducer cones overextending so beware! FWIW even my HD650 cant take this at the vol i like but the HE5LE pounds so hard & deep its not only addictive but mesmerizing.post #22 of 2507/8/11 at 8:09ampost #23 of 2507/8/11 at 11:49ampost #24 of 2507/8/11 at 4:06pmpost #25 of 2507/8/11 at 4:13pmHmm, i recently just found a bassy song to use to test headphones. Check out "August" by UKF Dubstep. Quite amazing bass.
Played the song on the PS3, using my 5.1 logitech speakers, and WOW! Was there bass!!!
I placed the volume 1/5 of the way up and there was so much bass that the subwoofee hole could have blown out a candle!
Try downloading the package of 320 bitrate version !
If you do try it, hope you like it!
P.S If you want the 320 bitrate versions of the songs for August, PM me
Edited by mooshimuushi - 7/8/11 at 4:25pmpost #26 of 2507/8/11 at 4:29pm
Lily Allen's "Friend of mine" has amazing lowend both subbass and midbass, K 'Naan album Troubadour.
Edited by ZARIM - 7/9/11 at 2:58pmpost #27 of 2507/8/11 at 6:22pmpost #28 of 2507/8/11 at 6:32pmpost #29 of 2507/8/11 at 7:19pmpost #30 of 2507/11/11 at 4:36am
A song I always like to use to test headphones is Machine No. 2 By Leo Kottke. The version from Mudlark (1971). It's good for a lot of reasons. Firstly, I know the song really well, and secondly it has everything you'd want to test headphones on. The bass is rapid and has many runs up and down the fretboard, there's a lot of fast intricate fingerpicking to test the higher registers, and the drums are simple but integral (mainly bass and snare), AND the recording from mudlark has some good stereo implementation. It's also quite a good recording. It's basically my first stop when I try some new headphones.
This is youtube, so it's not gonna sound too good, but here's a link...
And along the same lines, but with vocals as well (and some incredible double bass from Danny Thompson) Springtime Promises or Light Flight by Pentangle are good choices...
Mind you, these are all folksy tunes...
Edited by greendream - 7/11/11 at 4:56am
- Good songs to test bass on headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 12 seconds ago
- › MHDT Labs Pagoda - Any owners out there? 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit modi2 uber pop noises 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for budget earbud for jazz/classical 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 8 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 10 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)