Any suggestions? I mostly listen to Hip Hop so any songs would help
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
Good songs to test bass on headphones?post #1 of 2245/1/11 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 2245/1/11 at 9:20pm
Why don't you just use one of the hip hop songs that you're already familiar with? It's usually a good idea to use a song you know, rather than try someone else's "reference" song from a genre that may be foreign to you.
That said, two songs that I use are Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and Holly Cole's "Temptation". Any of Rush's drum solos are also excellent.
Edited by kingtz - 5/1/11 at 9:23pmpost #3 of 2245/1/11 at 9:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2245/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #5 of 2245/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #6 of 2245/1/11 at 9:32pm
The Pack - I'm Shinin
Lil Jon - What U Gon Do
Body Head Bangerz - Can't Be Touched
Lil Wyte - Oxy Cotton (The version from the Doubt Me Now album)
T.I. - Top Back
Tyga - I'm On It
Young Jeezy - White Girlpost #7 of 2245/1/11 at 9:43pm
^those kind of song only repeats the same kind of beat over and over again and you really cannot test the base respond under rapid base change scenario, a good track is where the base range changes rapidly and a good headphone is one that its diaphram can match that change and produce the sound desired.post #8 of 2245/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 2245/2/11 at 11:52ampost #10 of 2245/2/11 at 11:59ampost #11 of 2245/2/11 at 2:53pm
Any dubstep really. No other genre can replicate the deep sub bass in dubstep imo. Recommended producers to look at would be:
- Digital Mystikz
- Kode 9post #12 of 2245/6/11 at 9:09ampost #13 of 2245/6/11 at 10:48ampost #14 of 2245/6/11 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Genocide174
you will NOT find a more bassy song than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MUrhsruJE
That sounds like shit, especially since it's youtube, any reasonable bass = massive underlying screechy distortion. Also it's flat single-note bassline, which does not test bass at all.
A perfect bass-testing song would have a mix of various beats, basslines, and drums. Any suggestions?post #15 of 2245/6/11 at 11:20am
How about the original speaker buster from 1990? Apparently many club speakers blew back then when this tune first dropped.
LFO - LFO (Leeds warehouse mix)
Edited by shamrock134 - 5/6/11 at 11:21am
- Good songs to test bass on headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 24 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › great portable bundle - Sony f886, 2 x lods, fiio e12 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob