Any suggestions? I mostly listen to Hip Hop so any songs would help
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on 7/26/16 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Good songs to test bass on headphones?post #1 of 2535/1/11 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 2535/1/11 at 9:20pm
Why don't you just use one of the hip hop songs that you're already familiar with? It's usually a good idea to use a song you know, rather than try someone else's "reference" song from a genre that may be foreign to you.
That said, two songs that I use are Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and Holly Cole's "Temptation". Any of Rush's drum solos are also excellent.
Edited by kingtz - 5/1/11 at 9:23pmpost #3 of 2535/1/11 at 9:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2535/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #5 of 2535/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #6 of 2535/1/11 at 9:32pm
The Pack - I'm Shinin
Lil Jon - What U Gon Do
Body Head Bangerz - Can't Be Touched
Lil Wyte - Oxy Cotton (The version from the Doubt Me Now album)
T.I. - Top Back
Tyga - I'm On It
Young Jeezy - White Girlpost #7 of 2535/1/11 at 9:43pm
^those kind of song only repeats the same kind of beat over and over again and you really cannot test the base respond under rapid base change scenario, a good track is where the base range changes rapidly and a good headphone is one that its diaphram can match that change and produce the sound desired.post #8 of 2535/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 2535/2/11 at 11:52ampost #10 of 2535/2/11 at 11:59ampost #11 of 2535/2/11 at 2:53pm
Any dubstep really. No other genre can replicate the deep sub bass in dubstep imo. Recommended producers to look at would be:
- Digital Mystikz
- Kode 9post #12 of 2535/6/11 at 9:09ampost #13 of 2535/6/11 at 10:48ampost #14 of 2535/6/11 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Genocide174
you will NOT find a more bassy song than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MUrhsruJE
That sounds like shit, especially since it's youtube, any reasonable bass = massive underlying screechy distortion. Also it's flat single-note bassline, which does not test bass at all.
A perfect bass-testing song would have a mix of various beats, basslines, and drums. Any suggestions?post #15 of 2535/6/11 at 11:20am
How about the original speaker buster from 1990? Apparently many club speakers blew back then when this tune first dropped.
LFO - LFO (Leeds warehouse mix)
Edited by shamrock134 - 5/6/11 at 11:21am
- Good songs to test bass on headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Is 192 kHz better or worse sounding than 96 kHz? Benchmark Media... 19 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 41 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Choetech Qi Wireless Charging Stand Review by mark2410 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB90EX (Japanese Import) 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 5 minutes ago
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...