Any suggestions? I mostly listen to Hip Hop so any songs would help
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 1:47 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Good songs to test bass on headphones?post #1 of 2515/1/11 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 2515/1/11 at 9:20pm
Why don't you just use one of the hip hop songs that you're already familiar with? It's usually a good idea to use a song you know, rather than try someone else's "reference" song from a genre that may be foreign to you.
That said, two songs that I use are Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and Holly Cole's "Temptation". Any of Rush's drum solos are also excellent.
Edited by kingtz - 5/1/11 at 9:23pmpost #3 of 2515/1/11 at 9:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2515/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #5 of 2515/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #6 of 2515/1/11 at 9:32pm
The Pack - I'm Shinin
Lil Jon - What U Gon Do
Body Head Bangerz - Can't Be Touched
Lil Wyte - Oxy Cotton (The version from the Doubt Me Now album)
T.I. - Top Back
Tyga - I'm On It
Young Jeezy - White Girlpost #7 of 2515/1/11 at 9:43pm
^those kind of song only repeats the same kind of beat over and over again and you really cannot test the base respond under rapid base change scenario, a good track is where the base range changes rapidly and a good headphone is one that its diaphram can match that change and produce the sound desired.post #8 of 2515/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 2515/2/11 at 11:52ampost #10 of 2515/2/11 at 11:59ampost #11 of 2515/2/11 at 2:53pm
Any dubstep really. No other genre can replicate the deep sub bass in dubstep imo. Recommended producers to look at would be:
- Digital Mystikz
- Kode 9post #12 of 2515/6/11 at 9:09ampost #13 of 2515/6/11 at 10:48ampost #14 of 2515/6/11 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Genocide174
you will NOT find a more bassy song than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MUrhsruJE
That sounds like shit, especially since it's youtube, any reasonable bass = massive underlying screechy distortion. Also it's flat single-note bassline, which does not test bass at all.
A perfect bass-testing song would have a mix of various beats, basslines, and drums. Any suggestions?post #15 of 2515/6/11 at 11:20am
How about the original speaker buster from 1990? Apparently many club speakers blew back then when this tune first dropped.
LFO - LFO (Leeds warehouse mix)
Edited by shamrock134 - 5/6/11 at 11:21am
- Good songs to test bass on headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 7 seconds ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2