Any suggestions? I mostly listen to Hip Hop so any songs would help
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Good songs to test bass on headphones?post #1 of 2465/1/11 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 2465/1/11 at 9:20pm
Why don't you just use one of the hip hop songs that you're already familiar with? It's usually a good idea to use a song you know, rather than try someone else's "reference" song from a genre that may be foreign to you.
That said, two songs that I use are Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and Holly Cole's "Temptation". Any of Rush's drum solos are also excellent.
Edited by kingtz - 5/1/11 at 9:23pmpost #3 of 2465/1/11 at 9:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2465/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #5 of 2465/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #6 of 2465/1/11 at 9:32pm
The Pack - I'm Shinin
Lil Jon - What U Gon Do
Body Head Bangerz - Can't Be Touched
Lil Wyte - Oxy Cotton (The version from the Doubt Me Now album)
T.I. - Top Back
Tyga - I'm On It
Young Jeezy - White Girlpost #7 of 2465/1/11 at 9:43pm
^those kind of song only repeats the same kind of beat over and over again and you really cannot test the base respond under rapid base change scenario, a good track is where the base range changes rapidly and a good headphone is one that its diaphram can match that change and produce the sound desired.post #8 of 2465/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 2465/2/11 at 11:52ampost #10 of 2465/2/11 at 11:59ampost #11 of 2465/2/11 at 2:53pm
Any dubstep really. No other genre can replicate the deep sub bass in dubstep imo. Recommended producers to look at would be:
- Digital Mystikz
- Kode 9post #12 of 2465/6/11 at 9:09ampost #13 of 2465/6/11 at 10:48ampost #14 of 2465/6/11 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Genocide174
you will NOT find a more bassy song than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MUrhsruJE
That sounds like shit, especially since it's youtube, any reasonable bass = massive underlying screechy distortion. Also it's flat single-note bassline, which does not test bass at all.
A perfect bass-testing song would have a mix of various beats, basslines, and drums. Any suggestions?post #15 of 2465/6/11 at 11:20am
How about the original speaker buster from 1990? Apparently many club speakers blew back then when this tune first dropped.
LFO - LFO (Leeds warehouse mix)
Edited by shamrock134 - 5/6/11 at 11:21am
- Good songs to test bass on headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 57 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hello,we're SOUNDAWAR AUDIO,a professional digital stream player... 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 10 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 11 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 11 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)