Any suggestions? I mostly listen to Hip Hop so any songs would help
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Good songs to test bass on headphones?post #1 of 2225/1/11 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 2225/1/11 at 9:20pm
Why don't you just use one of the hip hop songs that you're already familiar with? It's usually a good idea to use a song you know, rather than try someone else's "reference" song from a genre that may be foreign to you.
That said, two songs that I use are Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and Holly Cole's "Temptation". Any of Rush's drum solos are also excellent.
Edited by kingtz - 5/1/11 at 9:23pmpost #3 of 2225/1/11 at 9:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2225/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #5 of 2225/1/11 at 9:26pmpost #6 of 2225/1/11 at 9:32pm
The Pack - I'm Shinin
Lil Jon - What U Gon Do
Body Head Bangerz - Can't Be Touched
Lil Wyte - Oxy Cotton (The version from the Doubt Me Now album)
T.I. - Top Back
Tyga - I'm On It
Young Jeezy - White Girlpost #7 of 2225/1/11 at 9:43pm
^those kind of song only repeats the same kind of beat over and over again and you really cannot test the base respond under rapid base change scenario, a good track is where the base range changes rapidly and a good headphone is one that its diaphram can match that change and produce the sound desired.post #8 of 2225/1/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 2225/2/11 at 11:52ampost #10 of 2225/2/11 at 11:59ampost #11 of 2225/2/11 at 2:53pm
Any dubstep really. No other genre can replicate the deep sub bass in dubstep imo. Recommended producers to look at would be:
- Digital Mystikz
- Kode 9post #12 of 2225/6/11 at 9:09ampost #13 of 2225/6/11 at 10:48ampost #14 of 2225/6/11 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Genocide174
you will NOT find a more bassy song than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MUrhsruJE
That sounds like shit, especially since it's youtube, any reasonable bass = massive underlying screechy distortion. Also it's flat single-note bassline, which does not test bass at all.
A perfect bass-testing song would have a mix of various beats, basslines, and drums. Any suggestions?post #15 of 2225/6/11 at 11:20am
How about the original speaker buster from 1990? Apparently many club speakers blew back then when this tune first dropped.
LFO - LFO (Leeds warehouse mix)
Edited by shamrock134 - 5/6/11 at 11:21am
- Good songs to test bass on headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 44 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 3 minutes ago
- › Commodore 64 music - binaural mix 3 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Westone 4 Hard-Wired with DHC Litz Nucleotide Cable (4-pin... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude