Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 485  

post #7261 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post
 

Yes! i have been using it with my EBs for the longest time... i always use the Contour feature to wow my non-audio enthusiast friends... 

You have one as well?

post #7262 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltocliousus View Post

Not as fancy as most but gets the job done, 4.Ais usually stay at home, very close to ordering the 8.As though etysmile.gif.

 

It's fancy enough, I used the same rig for some time - with black meelec cable guides though.

post #7263 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

It's fancy enough, I used the same rig for some time - with black meelec cable guides though.

 

I thought about gluing the cable into the guide as every now and then it falls out at the ends, not quite sure if it's a good idea though.

post #7264 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomesauceShow View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

ipod 120g + Fiio e11 + UM TF10x4

 

Saving up for the upcoming 1964 ears V8 etysmile.gif After that just finding a dap that has more than 250+gigs

 

 

 

You mean V6? AFAIK there's no upcoming V8

post #7265 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuceka View Post

 

 

You mean V6? AFAIK there's no upcoming V8

hmm, I thought they are still in the process of training their associates how to make it. If not then I would still wait, lol. I really want an 8 driver since to me it is a true upgrade.

post #7266 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post


Doesn't matter to a head-fier because unless you've got $600 to drop on a DAC or DAC/amp combo (VAMP, HP-P1, CLAS), you're better off picking up a Pico used and offloading digital audio from an S3. Or even better, get the new Apex Glacier and save $100 for a DAC that is 90% as good and an impeccably clean, Pete Millet, TTVJ-designed, stepped-attenuator-based amp section with vastly more voltage swing :)

 

Kojaku

 

So the Note 2, will be also accept the "Apex Glacier" DAC? and how did you know that the S3 will work with "Apex Glacier"?


Edited by turokrocks - 10/14/12 at 9:38pm
post #7267 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

So the Note 2, will be also accepts  the "Apex Glacier" DAC? and how did you know that the S3 will work with "Apex Glacier"?

No idea about the note 2. In regards to the GS3, someone else mentioned them working earlier in the thread...

Kojaku
post #7268 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomesauceShow View Post


ipod 120g + Fiio e11 + UM TF10x4

 

Saving up for the upcoming 1964 ears V8 etysmile.gif After that just finding a dap that has more than 250+gigs

Nice Rig!:) how does the UM TF10x4 compare to the original triple fi10 sound wise? im contemplating on doing a reshell with the added driver.

post #7269 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by psion84 View Post

Nice Rig!:) how does the UM TF10x4 compare to the original triple fi10 sound wise? im contemplating on doing a reshell with the added driver.

I added a mid driver and it sounds a bit better. I have 3 playlists that I play often and I can honestly say that I hear a bit more detail on those (FLAC/ALAC format) like hearing an instrument/vocals being played in the background that I haven't heard before. Sibilance becomes a problem when I'm listening to high notes/voices like Celine Dion. You can fix that by having an amp with bass boost. Is it worth it? I'm not sure since I have forgotten what the TF10 sounded like. I'm not even sure if adding more drivers = better. Guess I'm gonna find out lol.

 

BTW, I will only consider upgrading my dap or headphones since that is where the bulk of the sound quality lies imho. Pretty happy with my cheap amp loletysmile.gif

post #7270 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomesauceShow View Post

I added a mid driver and it sounds a bit better. I have 3 playlists that I play often and I can honestly say that I hear a bit more detail on those (FLAC/ALAC format) like hearing an instrument/vocals being played in the background that I haven't heard before. Sibilance becomes a problem when I'm listening to high notes/voices like Celine Dion. You can fix that by having an amp with bass boost. Is it worth it? I'm not sure since I have forgotten what the TF10 sounded like. I'm not even sure if adding more drivers = better. Guess I'm gonna find out lol.

 

BTW, I will only consider upgrading my dap or headphones since that is where the bulk of the sound quality lies imho. Pretty happy with my cheap amp loletysmile.gif

I see, thanks for the info. hmm, im allergic to sibilance. lol. looks like tf10+1 driver is not the way to go for me. it ain't cheap either. :( think i will go with a basic reshell. i agree that upgrading dap  or headphones is more of a worthy upgrade. i suggest you try out different amps with the fi10s, i find it very sensitive to amps IMHO.

post #7271 of 7505

Is the normal universal TF10 sibilant to you then?

post #7272 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Is the normal universal TF10 sibilant to you then?

Still bearable. i've switched to foam tips.:)

post #7273 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltocliousus View Post

 

I thought about gluing the cable into the guide as every now and then it falls out at the ends, not quite sure if it's a good idea though.

I wouldn't say it's a good idea LOL. And yeah, they like to fall out and that's why I don't use them anymore or just use vsonic guides.

post #7274 of 7505

i just put a touch of electrical tape over the guide to hold it in place.  Might be worth a try, if you put it at the bottom you dont feel it against the ear.

post #7275 of 7505
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)