Did you end up putting 3m carbon fiber on the C3?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do high-end headphones sound more speaker-like than lower-end headphones? Last post on 8/2/13 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the ATH-M50s better than the Beyerdynamic DT-1350s? Last post on 6/4/13 at 8:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fiio e17 vs Audioengine D1 ( paired with the ATH-M50s or the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 ) Last post on 5/28/13 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 469
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Awesome rig! I just got myself an ALO Rx MK3 too, how are you liking it so far? I got mine specifically to drive my LCD2s that I also barely got. To tell you the truth I was not very impressed at first, my previous set up was a full magnumed grado and an rsa mustang with a CLAS. I was very pleased and was enjoying this rig for awhile, but I was always curious about the LCD2, so I pulled the trigger. I finally realized that the issue was not the RXMK3, but rather me being used to the magnum/grado sound, much brighter than the LCD2s.
No, on the back i have dual lock low profile, I also have the low profile on the Zo and c&c bh for quick change.
On the front of the c3 i cut a old xperia screen protector with an exacto knife to protect it from scratching.
Nice looking rig Rudi.
The Fostex is also an amp. Did you try it that way and found it lacking?
One could assume so. Jude did mention in his review of the HP-P1 that the amp section isn't quite powerful enough for more demanding headphones.. Or that's one heck of a waste of $650. Perhaps the balanced out had something to do with it as well.
And they may not be the most sensitive ones out, but they still would not 'need a powerful amp.
Rudi, I am considering the foster because its all in one, I have Miracles too is the reason I'm asking.
Edited by Saraguie - 10/4/12 at 9:41pm
Nope. I do make the point of taking it out and putting it separately in a tray along with mobile phone and other gadgets. Once or twice the gate security guys pick it up and have a good look but that's about it. Most of the time it just goes through x-ray conveyor belt and that's the end of it.
It took forever waiting on Canada Post but I finally got my new player. The Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition looks great and everything I've thrown at it sounds great. The only gripe so far I have about this new gear is the UI is rather primitive and quirky but once you learn how to navigate around you find it works well enough to get the job done. Pictured above is my new player with the jPhonic K2 sp IEM
Edited by DigitalFreak - 10/4/12 at 11:12pm
It took forever waiting on Canada Post but I finally got my new player. The Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition looks great and everything I've thrown at it sounds great. The only gripe so far I have about this new gear is the UI is rather primitive and quirky but once you learn how to navigate around you find it works well enough to get the job done. Pictured above is my new player with the jPhonic K2 so IEM
Now I hate you more..........Congratulation.
I appreciate your feedback...
Thanks turok, hey come say hi on MuppetFace's diary thread we all miss you my friend.
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 4 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 22 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 46 seconds ago
- › How much does opening IEMs decrease their resale value? 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › GamesterGear Cruiser P3210 Review 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe