Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do high-end headphones sound more speaker-like than lower-end headphones? Last post on 8/2/13 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the ATH-M50s better than the Beyerdynamic DT-1350s? Last post on 6/4/13 at 8:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fiio e17 vs Audioengine D1 ( paired with the ATH-M50s or the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 ) Last post on 5/28/13 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 369
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sennheiser HD400's re-terminated with a viablue T6s jack. HD414 pads fit perfectly.
Flat Silver Lod terminated with a Palics jack, TCG Audio T-Box amp and iPod touch 2nd gen.
And my freebie ibook g4 in the background i just got given as a late birthday pressie :)
Ill get some new decent images up soon of all my portable gear once the E11 and a few other goodies arrive...
Edited by Paul Graham - 7/4/12 at 11:50am
trimmed them down so they can fit together ( http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/45945/user_id/268622 )
it's very debatable here whether or not portable amps pair well with certain players / IEM impedance. etc etc etc..........blah blah blah.
The main thing is, everyone is different, everyone does their own thing.
I always use an external amp just because i can control the bass better and easier than doing it on the clip
what's better: turning your source all the way up and then your external amp? or turn your external amp up and lower your source? if there was no *hiss* :)
or does it matter at all?
Usually amp control is the way to go (ie. Source at max), but with the Clip+ I found that it starts to clip and sound terrible if you go too high.
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 29 seconds ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › K701 appreciation thread! 6 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe