Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 369  

post #5521 of 7505

crappy cellphone shot.

WP_000032.jpeg

post #5522 of 7505

2941822

2941804

 

Sennheiser HD400's re-terminated with a viablue T6s jack. HD414 pads fit perfectly.

Flat Silver Lod terminated with a Palics jack, TCG Audio T-Box amp and iPod touch 2nd gen.

 

And my freebie ibook g4 in the background i just got given as a late birthday pressie :) 

 

Ill get some new decent images up soon of all my portable gear once the E11 and a few other goodies arrive...


Edited by Paul Graham - 7/4/12 at 11:50am
post #5523 of 7505

PortableRig_070412a.jpg

 

Trusty Zune and super-comfy Pioneer SE-MJ591...stock cables, pretty basic fare.

post #5524 of 7505

IMG_1644[1].JPG

 

iBasso DX100 -> TF18 and SM3v2

post #5525 of 7505

Transportable: iPod Video - Whiplash Audio Twag V2 LOD - Shonyun 306 Amp - BTG Audio Cyro Cable - HD650's.

 

234

post #5526 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

Transportable: iPod Video - Whiplash Audio Twag V2 LOD - Shonyun 306 Amp - BTG Audio Cyro Cable - HD650's.

 

234

nice *cough* "iPod Video" biggrin.gif Almost looks like an iPhone...

post #5527 of 7505

IMG_2816.JPGIMG_2817.JPG Rig 1and 2 Sansa Clip+/iPhone 3G-->(Fiio L3--> Fiio E5) RHA MA-350

IMG_2818.JPGRig 3, normaly used to drive my ATH-M50  Sansa clip+ modded-->DIY cable--> Fiio E5 modded--> RHA MA-350

post #5528 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by William007 View Post

Rig 3, normaly used to drive my ATH-M50  Sansa clip+ modded-->DIY cable--> Fiio E5 modded--> RHA MA-350

Just curious, what kind of mods did you perform on the Clip+ and E5?

post #5529 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

Just curious, what kind of mods did you perform on the Clip+ and E5?

IMG_2819.JPG

 

trimmed them down so they can fit together ( http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/45945/user_id/268622 )

 

 

 

IMG_2820.JPG

post #5530 of 7505

Wow! That's cool! I tried using dual lock, but it adds an insane amount of bulk to this particular rig.

post #5531 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

Wow! That's cool! I tried using dual lock, but it adds an insane amount of bulk to this particular rig.

You don't need an external amp for the Clip+, it's internal amp is very good and it can drive very sensitive iem's

post #5532 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by William007 View Post

You don't need an external amp for the Clip+, it's internal amp is very good and it can drive very sensitive iem's


it's very debatable here whether or not portable amps pair well with certain players / IEM impedance. etc etc etc..........blah blah blah.

The main thing is, everyone is different, everyone does their own thing. smile.gif

post #5533 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


it's very debatable here whether or not portable amps pair well with certain players / IEM impedance. etc etc etc..........blah blah blah.


The main thing is, everyone is different, everyone does their own thing. smile.gif

I always use an external amp tongue.gif just because i can control the bass better and easier than doing it on the clip biggrin.gif
post #5534 of 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


it's very debatable here whether or not portable amps pair well with certain players / IEM impedance. etc etc etc..........blah blah blah.

The main thing is, everyone is different, everyone does their own thing. smile.gif

what's better: turning your source all the way up and then your external amp? or turn your external amp up and lower your source? if there was no *hiss* :)

or does it matter at all?

post #5535 of 7505

Usually amp control is the way to go (ie. Source at max), but with the Clip+ I found that it starts to clip and sound terrible if you go too high. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by William007 View Post

what's better: turning your source all the way up and then your external amp? or turn your external amp up and lower your source? if there was no *hiss* :)

or does it matter at all?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)