Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- m50 use after dt1350 Last post on 3/25/14 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50, dt-1350, what's next? Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 369
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sennheiser HD400's re-terminated with a viablue T6s jack. HD414 pads fit perfectly.
Flat Silver Lod terminated with a Palics jack, TCG Audio T-Box amp and iPod touch 2nd gen.
And my freebie ibook g4 in the background i just got given as a late birthday pressie :)
Ill get some new decent images up soon of all my portable gear once the E11 and a few other goodies arrive...
Edited by Paul Graham - 7/4/12 at 11:50am
trimmed them down so they can fit together ( http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/45945/user_id/268622 )
it's very debatable here whether or not portable amps pair well with certain players / IEM impedance. etc etc etc..........blah blah blah.
The main thing is, everyone is different, everyone does their own thing.
I always use an external amp just because i can control the bass better and easier than doing it on the clip
what's better: turning your source all the way up and then your external amp? or turn your external amp up and lower your source? if there was no *hiss* :)
or does it matter at all?
Usually amp control is the way to go (ie. Source at max), but with the Clip+ I found that it starts to clip and sound terrible if you go too high.
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which open headphones would be a good compliment to my NAD Viso HP50? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Noontec Zoro HD review 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 4 minutes ago
- › Most expensive pair of IEMs you've ever lost .... 5 minutes ago
- › "Good" PC speakers for 100-150$ budget 8 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)