Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- (ath-m50 + fiio e07k) vs dt-1350 Last post on 4/23/14 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 use after dt1350 Last post on 3/25/14 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50, dt-1350, what's next? Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 369
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sennheiser HD400's re-terminated with a viablue T6s jack. HD414 pads fit perfectly.
Flat Silver Lod terminated with a Palics jack, TCG Audio T-Box amp and iPod touch 2nd gen.
And my freebie ibook g4 in the background i just got given as a late birthday pressie :)
Ill get some new decent images up soon of all my portable gear once the E11 and a few other goodies arrive...
Edited by Paul Graham - 7/4/12 at 11:50am
trimmed them down so they can fit together ( http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/45945/user_id/268622 )
it's very debatable here whether or not portable amps pair well with certain players / IEM impedance. etc etc etc..........blah blah blah.
The main thing is, everyone is different, everyone does their own thing.
I always use an external amp just because i can control the bass better and easier than doing it on the clip
what's better: turning your source all the way up and then your external amp? or turn your external amp up and lower your source? if there was no *hiss* :)
or does it matter at all?
Usually amp control is the way to go (ie. Source at max), but with the Clip+ I found that it starts to clip and sound terrible if you go too high.
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 44 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 59 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 Broken driver, or something that I can fix? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 3 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3