Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- m50 use after dt1350 Last post on 3/25/14 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50, dt-1350, what's next? Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
no true, after the DAC, there is an attenuator. The purpose of LO is to bypass the attenuator in the DAP. Have you noticed how loud the LO is?
Amp is to apply more power to the phones. dB/mW DAP, have a low mW output, amp will supply more voltage to higher impedance phones to raise the power for power hungry phones. make sense? Line out maybe loud, but some phones may not get enough a line out voltage swing level or power. Also, there is rumor going around saying the its beneficial because of bypassing internal Amp for better exterior amp. Not true, amp distortion is orders less than headphone distortion.
Something I like to know is why a more powerful amp with very small output impedance makes the sound very tight?
Edited by High_Q - 6/3/11 at 4:47pm
The LO has a fixed voltage output and a high output impedance. The result is that the voltage drops when a headphone is directly connected. On the other side is the signal better as the one of the headphone out. In conclusion an amp is needed..
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 1 second ago
- › High Quality TRRS Female Connector (NOT Adapter)? 1 second ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 30 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Creating a Portable Head-Fi Setup 4 minutes ago
- › FLAC, where can i get more? 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)