Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- (ath-m50 + fiio e07k) vs dt-1350 Last post on 4/23/14 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 use after dt1350 Last post on 3/25/14 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50, dt-1350, what's next? Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
no true, after the DAC, there is an attenuator. The purpose of LO is to bypass the attenuator in the DAP. Have you noticed how loud the LO is?
Amp is to apply more power to the phones. dB/mW DAP, have a low mW output, amp will supply more voltage to higher impedance phones to raise the power for power hungry phones. make sense? Line out maybe loud, but some phones may not get enough a line out voltage swing level or power. Also, there is rumor going around saying the its beneficial because of bypassing internal Amp for better exterior amp. Not true, amp distortion is orders less than headphone distortion.
Something I like to know is why a more powerful amp with very small output impedance makes the sound very tight?
Edited by High_Q - 6/3/11 at 4:47pm
The LO has a fixed voltage output and a high output impedance. The result is that the voltage drops when a headphone is directly connected. On the other side is the signal better as the one of the headphone out. In conclusion an amp is needed..
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 18 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 3 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3