Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- (ath-m50 + fiio e07k) vs dt-1350 Last post on 4/23/14 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 use after dt1350 Last post on 3/25/14 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50, dt-1350, what's next? Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
no true, after the DAC, there is an attenuator. The purpose of LO is to bypass the attenuator in the DAP. Have you noticed how loud the LO is?
Amp is to apply more power to the phones. dB/mW DAP, have a low mW output, amp will supply more voltage to higher impedance phones to raise the power for power hungry phones. make sense? Line out maybe loud, but some phones may not get enough a line out voltage swing level or power. Also, there is rumor going around saying the its beneficial because of bypassing internal Amp for better exterior amp. Not true, amp distortion is orders less than headphone distortion.
Something I like to know is why a more powerful amp with very small output impedance makes the sound very tight?
Edited by High_Q - 6/3/11 at 4:47pm
The LO has a fixed voltage output and a high output impedance. The result is that the voltage drops when a headphone is directly connected. On the other side is the signal better as the one of the headphone out. In conclusion an amp is needed..
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! 46 seconds ago
- › CIEM refit experiences 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2