I like them, they look heavy duty and over the top.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Westone UM3X broke. Need a new portable easy to drive (ampless) on-ear/IEM alternative.... Last post on 12/17/12 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to rediscover my music! Last post on 12/10/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- E10 vs E17 in a nutshell? Last post on 3/13/13 at 7:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- vmoda m80 vs vmoda m100 vs ath m50???? Last post on 11/20/12 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My netbook is running on it's internal 6-cell battery
The Kingrex and the QED runs on 12V DC and when I was in the store the price difference between 2,5ah and 5ah gel battery was only 3USD and since my rig never is going to be ultra-portable I went for the largest battery.
I'm at a Starbucks right now, going back and forth between two different portable rigs (to see a larger version of a photo, click on it):
(above) This is TTVJ's Slim Portable Headphone Amp with digitally-controlled stepped volume control. The source is a Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo (portable DAC for iDevices), with an Apple iPod 160GB. The headphone is the beyerdyamic DT1350.
(above) The Fostex HP-P1 headphone amp and DAC (for iDevices) and a custom-colored (by Colorware) Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.
We're regulars at this particular Starbucks, so they're used to us and all the stuff we drag in here. When we show up here, it's usually for at least a few hours, so we bring our office-on-the-go setups--it looks like we're moving in.
The Fostex HP-P1 is very good. It's still very new for me (just started using it a couple of days ago), so I haven't done much in terms of direct comparisons to the Cyper Labs Algorhythm Solo (paired up with various amps). I'm curious to know how the Fostex HP-P1 will compare to the Solo, when used like the Solo, to feed other headphone amps from its line out (as opposed to using the Fostex's built-in amp). Again, I haven't gotten to that yet. Still, though, I've used it enough to know it's very good when directly driving the DT 1350 and the HD 25-1 II (haven't tried any IEMs with it yet).
Oh okay, that would make you look less ridiculous, at least some people won't give odd looks other than customers who haven't seen you
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Leckerton Audio UHA-6S. MK II 20 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 52 seconds ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver SD-2 (SD-3 to follow soon) 58 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › Frequency Response Question 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe