I like them, they look heavy duty and over the top.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/29/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/3/11
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSony A846tagged by System, 6/29/11
- productSony NWZ-A818 8GBtagged by System, 8/14/11
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- (ath-m50 + fiio e07k) vs dt-1350 Last post on 4/23/14 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 use after dt1350 Last post on 3/25/14 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50, dt-1350, what's next? Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to in-ears. Something strange... Last post on 10/27/13 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV) - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My netbook is running on it's internal 6-cell battery
The Kingrex and the QED runs on 12V DC and when I was in the store the price difference between 2,5ah and 5ah gel battery was only 3USD and since my rig never is going to be ultra-portable I went for the largest battery.
I'm at a Starbucks right now, going back and forth between two different portable rigs (to see a larger version of a photo, click on it):
(above) This is TTVJ's Slim Portable Headphone Amp with digitally-controlled stepped volume control. The source is a Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo (portable DAC for iDevices), with an Apple iPod 160GB. The headphone is the beyerdyamic DT1350.
(above) The Fostex HP-P1 headphone amp and DAC (for iDevices) and a custom-colored (by Colorware) Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.
We're regulars at this particular Starbucks, so they're used to us and all the stuff we drag in here. When we show up here, it's usually for at least a few hours, so we bring our office-on-the-go setups--it looks like we're moving in.
The Fostex HP-P1 is very good. It's still very new for me (just started using it a couple of days ago), so I haven't done much in terms of direct comparisons to the Cyper Labs Algorhythm Solo (paired up with various amps). I'm curious to know how the Fostex HP-P1 will compare to the Solo, when used like the Solo, to feed other headphone amps from its line out (as opposed to using the Fostex's built-in amp). Again, I haven't gotten to that yet. Still, though, I've used it enough to know it's very good when directly driving the DT 1350 and the HD 25-1 II (haven't tried any IEMs with it yet).
Oh okay, that would make you look less ridiculous, at least some people won't give odd looks other than customers who haven't seen you
- Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Home-Made IEMs 29 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 31 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 53 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Potentiometers Alps "Blue Beauty" 20K vs. TKD 2CP-601S 10K stepped... 1 minute ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2