- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First over ear heaphones help. Last post on 10/6/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need beginner headphones for $60-$100 Last post on 11/8/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6 - Page 2post #16 of 855/8/11 at 9:40pmThread StarterCheck eBay too. I got mine from OneCall via eBay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 855/19/11 at 12:47ampost #18 of 855/19/11 at 12:56ampost #19 of 855/19/11 at 3:35ampost #20 of 855/19/11 at 5:54amThread Starterpost #21 of 855/20/11 at 1:58pm
The ZX700 is a much more sedate 'phone, more suited to rolling, rather than slamming bass... Much more Jazz orientated to my mind...
post #22 of 855/22/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Ok sir thanks! Looks like the zx700 would be too mellow with the songs I listen to
post #23 of 855/22/11 at 10:14pmThread Starter
Now that I have the MDR-7520 too, it's a HUGE step up from the ZX700.post #24 of 856/9/11 at 8:04am
Well, if anyone would like a V6 to compare I'll sell mine, I bought it for $120 from a Sonystyle store in Dec 2010 (have receipt) and have hardly used them at all, so near mint condition, except the box is a little beaten up.
I bought them because I was like "Wow, the V6 in a sony store? I never expected...".
I'll sell for um, $79 + postage.
Edited by kiteki - 6/9/11 at 8:11ampost #25 of 857/1/11 at 1:21amReview at Innerfidelity: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-zx700Quote:Out of the blue, a Sony PR agent dropped me an email.
"Sony has recently introduced the new high-quality Studio Monitor Series headphones that boast premium sound and technology, and I wanted to see if you are interested in reviewing them."
She referred to four headphones in her email (two full size sealed MDR-ZX700 ($119.99) and MDR-Z1000 ($499.99), and two IEMs MDR-EX600 ($199.99) and MDR-EX1000 ($499.99)), but only had the inexpensive ones for review samples at the moment.
Oh .... okay. I'll take the cheap ones and have a listen. Glad I did.post #26 of 857/1/11 at 4:20ampost #27 of 857/1/11 at 5:53am
Thanks for the link, Khaos.
I thought the D1100 was weak compared to the D1001 it replaced. I have one here and don't like it much.
Edited by Tyll Hertsens - 7/1/11 at 5:54ampost #28 of 857/1/11 at 6:55am
Sorry, I think I just got the last one listed at this price
Oh, and thank you Tyll ! I hope it will be a nice replacement for my Creative Aurvana Live (too bassy for me) for portable use this summer...
Quote:post #29 of 857/2/11 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #30 of 857/10/11 at 7:03pmThread StarterLook! My thread referenced on Innerfidelity review. Yay!!! Looks like he and I have the same impressions on the ZX700.
Edited by DjAmTraX - 7/10/11 at 10:06pm
- Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Moving to a more sensitive house! 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 8 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 10 minutes ago
- › Just got my Gemini DJ HSR-1000, but the coiled cable is too short... 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 minutes ago
- › The voodoo-less cable thread. Reasonable cable vendors and reviews. 11 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)