- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First over ear heaphones help. Last post on 10/6/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need beginner headphones for $60-$100 Last post on 11/8/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6 - Page 2post #16 of 855/8/11 at 9:40pmThread StarterCheck eBay too. I got mine from OneCall via eBay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 855/19/11 at 12:47ampost #18 of 855/19/11 at 12:56ampost #19 of 855/19/11 at 3:35ampost #20 of 855/19/11 at 5:54amThread Starterpost #21 of 855/20/11 at 1:58pm
The ZX700 is a much more sedate 'phone, more suited to rolling, rather than slamming bass... Much more Jazz orientated to my mind...
post #22 of 855/22/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Ok sir thanks! Looks like the zx700 would be too mellow with the songs I listen to
post #23 of 855/22/11 at 10:14pmThread Starter
Now that I have the MDR-7520 too, it's a HUGE step up from the ZX700.post #24 of 856/9/11 at 8:04am
Well, if anyone would like a V6 to compare I'll sell mine, I bought it for $120 from a Sonystyle store in Dec 2010 (have receipt) and have hardly used them at all, so near mint condition, except the box is a little beaten up.
I bought them because I was like "Wow, the V6 in a sony store? I never expected...".
I'll sell for um, $79 + postage.
Edited by kiteki - 6/9/11 at 8:11ampost #25 of 857/1/11 at 1:21amReview at Innerfidelity: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-zx700Quote:Out of the blue, a Sony PR agent dropped me an email.
"Sony has recently introduced the new high-quality Studio Monitor Series headphones that boast premium sound and technology, and I wanted to see if you are interested in reviewing them."
She referred to four headphones in her email (two full size sealed MDR-ZX700 ($119.99) and MDR-Z1000 ($499.99), and two IEMs MDR-EX600 ($199.99) and MDR-EX1000 ($499.99)), but only had the inexpensive ones for review samples at the moment.
Oh .... okay. I'll take the cheap ones and have a listen. Glad I did.post #26 of 857/1/11 at 4:20ampost #27 of 857/1/11 at 5:53am
Thanks for the link, Khaos.
I thought the D1100 was weak compared to the D1001 it replaced. I have one here and don't like it much.
Edited by Tyll Hertsens - 7/1/11 at 5:54ampost #28 of 857/1/11 at 6:55am
Sorry, I think I just got the last one listed at this price
Oh, and thank you Tyll ! I hope it will be a nice replacement for my Creative Aurvana Live (too bassy for me) for portable use this summer...
Quote:post #29 of 857/2/11 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #30 of 857/10/11 at 7:03pmThread StarterLook! My thread referenced on Innerfidelity review. Yay!!! Looks like he and I have the same impressions on the ZX700.
Edited by DjAmTraX - 7/10/11 at 10:06pm
- Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 46 seconds ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 56 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › stax SRD-7 adapter capacitor replacement question? noob question 1 minute ago
- › <200 Open Backs 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2