- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First over ear heaphones help. Last post on 10/6/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need beginner headphones for $60-$100 Last post on 11/8/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6 - Page 2post #16 of 855/8/11 at 9:40pmThread StarterCheck eBay too. I got mine from OneCall via eBay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 855/19/11 at 12:47ampost #18 of 855/19/11 at 12:56ampost #19 of 855/19/11 at 3:35ampost #20 of 855/19/11 at 5:54amThread Starterpost #21 of 855/20/11 at 1:58pm
The ZX700 is a much more sedate 'phone, more suited to rolling, rather than slamming bass... Much more Jazz orientated to my mind...
post #22 of 855/22/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Ok sir thanks! Looks like the zx700 would be too mellow with the songs I listen to
post #23 of 855/22/11 at 10:14pmThread Starter
Now that I have the MDR-7520 too, it's a HUGE step up from the ZX700.post #24 of 856/9/11 at 8:04am
Well, if anyone would like a V6 to compare I'll sell mine, I bought it for $120 from a Sonystyle store in Dec 2010 (have receipt) and have hardly used them at all, so near mint condition, except the box is a little beaten up.
I bought them because I was like "Wow, the V6 in a sony store? I never expected...".
I'll sell for um, $79 + postage.
Edited by kiteki - 6/9/11 at 8:11ampost #25 of 857/1/11 at 1:21amReview at Innerfidelity: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-zx700Quote:Out of the blue, a Sony PR agent dropped me an email.
"Sony has recently introduced the new high-quality Studio Monitor Series headphones that boast premium sound and technology, and I wanted to see if you are interested in reviewing them."
She referred to four headphones in her email (two full size sealed MDR-ZX700 ($119.99) and MDR-Z1000 ($499.99), and two IEMs MDR-EX600 ($199.99) and MDR-EX1000 ($499.99)), but only had the inexpensive ones for review samples at the moment.
Oh .... okay. I'll take the cheap ones and have a listen. Glad I did.post #26 of 857/1/11 at 4:20ampost #27 of 857/1/11 at 5:53am
Thanks for the link, Khaos.
I thought the D1100 was weak compared to the D1001 it replaced. I have one here and don't like it much.
Edited by Tyll Hertsens - 7/1/11 at 5:54ampost #28 of 857/1/11 at 6:55am
Sorry, I think I just got the last one listed at this price
Oh, and thank you Tyll ! I hope it will be a nice replacement for my Creative Aurvana Live (too bassy for me) for portable use this summer...
Quote:post #29 of 857/2/11 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #30 of 857/10/11 at 7:03pmThread StarterLook! My thread referenced on Innerfidelity review. Yay!!! Looks like he and I have the same impressions on the ZX700.
Edited by DjAmTraX - 7/10/11 at 10:06pm
- Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphone Advice for My Purposes 26 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Denver CO summer meet 6/27 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › DAP: How to manage & search SD cards? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › How differently will headphones change in the next 100 years? 4 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2