- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First over ear heaphones help. Last post on 10/6/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need beginner headphones for $60-$100 Last post on 11/8/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ampsandsound Agartha: Silken Simplicity Reviewed by: Dillan (Photo source: ampsandsound.com) Introduction Tube amplifiers are a real hard thing to get right. Some people...
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6 - Page 2post #16 of 855/8/11 at 9:40pmThread StarterCheck eBay too. I got mine from OneCall via eBay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 855/19/11 at 12:47ampost #18 of 855/19/11 at 12:56ampost #19 of 855/19/11 at 3:35ampost #20 of 855/19/11 at 5:54amThread Starterpost #21 of 855/20/11 at 1:58pm
The ZX700 is a much more sedate 'phone, more suited to rolling, rather than slamming bass... Much more Jazz orientated to my mind...
post #22 of 855/22/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Ok sir thanks! Looks like the zx700 would be too mellow with the songs I listen to
post #23 of 855/22/11 at 10:14pmThread Starter
Now that I have the MDR-7520 too, it's a HUGE step up from the ZX700.post #24 of 856/9/11 at 8:04am
Well, if anyone would like a V6 to compare I'll sell mine, I bought it for $120 from a Sonystyle store in Dec 2010 (have receipt) and have hardly used them at all, so near mint condition, except the box is a little beaten up.
I bought them because I was like "Wow, the V6 in a sony store? I never expected...".
I'll sell for um, $79 + postage.
Edited by kiteki - 6/9/11 at 8:11ampost #25 of 857/1/11 at 1:21amReview at Innerfidelity: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-zx700Quote:Out of the blue, a Sony PR agent dropped me an email.
"Sony has recently introduced the new high-quality Studio Monitor Series headphones that boast premium sound and technology, and I wanted to see if you are interested in reviewing them."
She referred to four headphones in her email (two full size sealed MDR-ZX700 ($119.99) and MDR-Z1000 ($499.99), and two IEMs MDR-EX600 ($199.99) and MDR-EX1000 ($499.99)), but only had the inexpensive ones for review samples at the moment.
Oh .... okay. I'll take the cheap ones and have a listen. Glad I did.post #26 of 857/1/11 at 4:20ampost #27 of 857/1/11 at 5:53am
Thanks for the link, Khaos.
I thought the D1100 was weak compared to the D1001 it replaced. I have one here and don't like it much.
Edited by Tyll Hertsens - 7/1/11 at 5:54ampost #28 of 857/1/11 at 6:55am
Sorry, I think I just got the last one listed at this price
Oh, and thank you Tyll ! I hope it will be a nice replacement for my Creative Aurvana Live (too bassy for me) for portable use this summer...
Quote:post #29 of 857/2/11 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #30 of 857/10/11 at 7:03pmThread StarterLook! My thread referenced on Innerfidelity review. Yay!!! Looks like he and I have the same impressions on the ZX700.
Edited by DjAmTraX - 7/10/11 at 10:06pm
- Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Leben CS300XS Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 3 minutes ago
- › Mini case for IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO Relases updated HA-2SE Headphone Amplifier With New ESS... 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO Proudly Announces the Sonica DAC. North American Premiere at... 8 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...