- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- First over ear heaphones help. Last post on 10/6/11 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need beginner headphones for $60-$100 Last post on 11/8/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6 - Page 2post #16 of 855/8/11 at 9:40pmThread StarterCheck eBay too. I got mine from OneCall via eBay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 855/19/11 at 12:47ampost #18 of 855/19/11 at 12:56ampost #19 of 855/19/11 at 3:35ampost #20 of 855/19/11 at 5:54amThread Starterpost #21 of 855/20/11 at 1:58pm
The ZX700 is a much more sedate 'phone, more suited to rolling, rather than slamming bass... Much more Jazz orientated to my mind...
post #22 of 855/22/11 at 6:43pmQuote:
Ok sir thanks! Looks like the zx700 would be too mellow with the songs I listen to
post #23 of 855/22/11 at 10:14pmThread Starter
Now that I have the MDR-7520 too, it's a HUGE step up from the ZX700.post #24 of 856/9/11 at 8:04am
Well, if anyone would like a V6 to compare I'll sell mine, I bought it for $120 from a Sonystyle store in Dec 2010 (have receipt) and have hardly used them at all, so near mint condition, except the box is a little beaten up.
I bought them because I was like "Wow, the V6 in a sony store? I never expected...".
I'll sell for um, $79 + postage.
Edited by kiteki - 6/9/11 at 8:11ampost #25 of 857/1/11 at 1:21amReview at Innerfidelity: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-zx700Quote:Out of the blue, a Sony PR agent dropped me an email.
"Sony has recently introduced the new high-quality Studio Monitor Series headphones that boast premium sound and technology, and I wanted to see if you are interested in reviewing them."
She referred to four headphones in her email (two full size sealed MDR-ZX700 ($119.99) and MDR-Z1000 ($499.99), and two IEMs MDR-EX600 ($199.99) and MDR-EX1000 ($499.99)), but only had the inexpensive ones for review samples at the moment.
Oh .... okay. I'll take the cheap ones and have a listen. Glad I did.post #26 of 857/1/11 at 4:20ampost #27 of 857/1/11 at 5:53am
Thanks for the link, Khaos.
I thought the D1100 was weak compared to the D1001 it replaced. I have one here and don't like it much.
Edited by Tyll Hertsens - 7/1/11 at 5:54ampost #28 of 857/1/11 at 6:55am
Sorry, I think I just got the last one listed at this price
Oh, and thank you Tyll ! I hope it will be a nice replacement for my Creative Aurvana Live (too bassy for me) for portable use this summer...
Quote:post #29 of 857/2/11 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #30 of 857/10/11 at 7:03pmThread StarterLook! My thread referenced on Innerfidelity review. Yay!!! Looks like he and I have the same impressions on the ZX700.
Edited by DjAmTraX - 7/10/11 at 10:06pm
- Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 1 minute ago
- › I will be at the Rocky Mountain Audio fest/Canjam 2015 this year. 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Sound Quality Sony NWZ A15 vs iPhone 6 Plus 4 minutes ago
- › Looking For Sound Advice 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2