I need some help deciding between these headphones. I can get both of these for the same price but needed some advice. I'm not really crazy about bass but i just want it to be there, and noise isolation is quite important for me. The thing that bothers me about the SE215 is that i have to wear it around my ear, and that doesn't really seems all that attractive to me. Any help on this would be nice.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/28/11
- productShure SE215 Special Editiontagged by System, 3/7/13
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphonetagged by System, 7/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Yamaha EPH-100 or Shure Se215 Last post on 9/18/12 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 or Shure SE215? Last post on 10/10/12 at 11:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Graduating from old Bose Earbuds, Trying to decide between SE215 and RE0's Last post on 8/1/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Shure SE215 or UE 600s (superFi. 5vi)?post #1 of 104/29/11 at 4:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/29/11 at 4:23pmpost #3 of 104/29/11 at 4:25pmThread Starterpost #4 of 104/29/11 at 4:52pmpost #5 of 104/29/11 at 4:58pm
I agree with Cifani090. These days I'm looking harder at Shure than I am Ultimate Ears. While their custom monitors still look like they're really amazing quality I've gotten really worried with how Logitech has made UE start selling some really low-end IEMs. Plus, Shure headphone cables are user-replacable and if you've ever lost a pair of $100+ headphones because of a bogus cable you know just how great that can be.post #6 of 104/29/11 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci
I agree with Cifani090. These days I'm looking harder at Shure than I am Ultimate Ears. While their custom monitors still look like they're really amazing quality I've gotten really worried with how Logitech has made UE start selling some really low-end IEMs. Plus, Shure headphone cables are user-replacable and if you've ever lost a pair of $100+ headphones because of a bogus cable you know just how great that can be.
x2, i lean more towards JH than UE. There is just not the ma and pa feel, that i like. UE is a big company and i like to support smaller ones whenever possible.post #7 of 104/29/11 at 6:12pmThe 215 very nice and over ear doesn't really look that bad. If using Bestbuy I believe they have return policy if not check out London Drugs who does. LD also carry Etymotic if you find you don't like the 215.post #8 of 107/28/11 at 11:46ampost #9 of 107/29/11 at 12:26pmpost #10 of 108/4/11 at 7:51am
I bought the SE215's last night. The sound is rich and bassy, and they're great with rock, metal and pop. However, I was disappointed with how they sounded on classical. It just felt like there was a veil to the sound, and the whole range sounded recessed and distant.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE215 or UE 600s (superFi. 5vi)?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 26 seconds ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 49 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 1 minute ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear