Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Like the Playaz N3? Xears have the brand new nature N3i!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Like the Playaz N3? Xears have the brand new nature N3i!

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

Hello headfiers, after speaking to Thomas from XEARS, there is a new flagship model.

 

The XEARS Nature N3i with iphone compatibilty.

 

These are supposed to be very similar to the former Playaz N3 which are quite popular among headfiers.

 

You can get them now for 25€ plus 8€ shipping using the discount code: KLANGFUZZIS.

 

After hearing the Xears TD100-III, in my opinion the best iem for bass lovers under £100, the N3i will be a better earphone across the audio spectrum with improved build quality.

 

http://xears.com/en/Nature_N3i_Highend_Headset__69.html

 

The Nature N3i feature an "audiophile blackwood" body with a fabric cable and a microphone for iPhone.

 

EDIT:

 

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS:

 

Straight of the box I can barely tell the difference between the N3i and the TD100-iii. The bass is tight deep and impactful. Vocals are smooth and fairly forward and there is a nice sparkle in the highs. The diference is there is slightly less bass quantity, the mids aren't as forward as on the TD100-iii but still sound very good. So far they are a small step forward in sound over the TD100-iii but for some it may just be a side step.

 

The housings are lighter than the TD100-iii's despite being quite a lot bigger. The housings are wood (same material as the TD100-iii) and with a metal nozzle. The cable is fabric with the same plug as the TD100-iii's and the strain reliefs are also improved. The mic is at the joining of the j-cord and has only a play/pause button but is still better than nothing. My only gripe with them is that the cable is really short; I am not super tall but at 6'1'' the cable is stretched if my phone is in my pocket. Also its not very well proportioned, the length to the right earpiece is a few cm to long and could be used to make the cable a little longer.

 

More impressions will be posted after a bit of burn-in and hopefully a comparison with the Turbine copper's


Edited by brownandproud - 5/5/11 at 12:06pm
post #2 of 22

Oh wow, only 25 euros?  Do they ship internationally?

post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 

Yes they ship almost anywhere! I havent tested the code myself but it should work tongue_smile.gif

post #4 of 22

You think they are better than TD-III ?

post #5 of 22

According to Thomas, they supposedly sound better than the TD-IIIs. However, we will just have to wait for someone to give them a listen etysmile.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitcherCK View Post

You think they are better than TD-III ?



 

post #6 of 22

Just ordered a pair. Coupon works fine - 25€ total.

Should have them by the end of the week! wink.gif


Edited by aLm0sT - 5/1/11 at 7:00pm
post #7 of 22
Thanks for the heads up and the coupon code. I've just ordered a pair for my iPhone 4.
I fancied trying the TDIII Blackwoods too, but they're sold out.
I wonder how they'll compare to my other bargain IEMs - the RE0?
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-fi Wigwammer View Post

Thanks for the heads up and the coupon code. I've just ordered a pair for my iPhone 4.
I fancied trying the TDIII Blackwoods too, but they're sold out.
I wonder how they'll compare to my other bargain IEMs - the RE0?

 

[Edited]

Wait, never mind, I thought you wanted to compare the RE-0 to the TDIII, but you're talking about the N3.

 

Sorry, I have nothing to say about the N3 having never heard it :)

post #9 of 22

brownandproud - do you know how long that discount code would be valid?

post #10 of 22

Just got the N3i today and listened to the first song with them.

 

First impression - WOW! Very nice! Powerful, hard hitting bass. What a bargain for 25€.

Build quality is quit good, but I didn't like the tips. They're too thin/soft.

I'm using the tips from my Turbine's.

post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLm0sT View Post

Just got the N3i today and listened to the first song with them.

 

First impression - WOW! Very nice! Powerful, hard hitting bass. What a bargain for 25€.

Build quality is quit good, but I didn't like the tips. They're too thin/soft.

I'm using the tips from my Turbine's.



How would you compare these to your Turbines?

post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

How would you compare these to your Turbines?

 

Unfortunately, the cable on my turbines broke like a month ago.

So I can't do any A/B comparisons.

Therefore, I'll have to recall everything from memory, so take it with a grain of salt.

 

The N3i's strength is definitly the low end. It goes very deep and hits hard.

It has a very nice punch. Some people might find it a bit too much but for me it's just right - not too much and not too less.

Mids and highs are ok. Nothing special. Some may find the mids a bit recessed.

 

The Turbines bass goes very deep as well and to me I like it better because it sounds a bit cleaner and more round.

The mids are a bit more forward than the N3i and therefore the Turbines sound a bit more livelier and engaging.

 

Build quality wise, both have their strength and weeknesses.

The Turbine has a solid metal housing whereas the N3i has a wooden light weight housing.

Due to the weight of the Turbine's they can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable during longer listening sessions.

Even though I haven't had the chance to listen to the N3i's for a longer period, I can already tell that they are much more comfortable due to their super low weight wooden housing.

One negative thing I found though, is that for me they stick out a bit too much.

 

Regarding the cable, I much prefer the cable of the N3i. I think it's a lot nicer than that of the Turbine.

 

So, soundwise I'd have to give the edge to the Turbines.

Considering the fact the the N3i's only cost 25€ (with the code) as opposed to the Turbines (99€ in Germany), the N3i is a real bargain!

 

 

 

post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLm0sT View Post



 

Unfortunately, the cable on my turbines broke like a month ago.

So I can't do any A/B comparisons.

Therefore, I'll have to recall everything from memory, so take it with a grain of salt.

 

The N3i's strength is definitly the low end. It goes very deep and hits hard.

It has a very nice punch. Some people might find it a bit too much but for me it's just right - not too much and not too less.

Mids and highs are ok. Nothing special. Some may find the mids a bit recessed.

 

The Turbines bass goes very deep as well and to me I like it better because it sounds a bit cleaner and more round.

The mids are a bit more forward than the N3i and therefore the Turbines sound a bit more livelier and engaging.

 

Build quality wise, both have their strength and weeknesses.

The Turbine has a solid metal housing whereas the N3i has a wooden light weight housing.

Due to the weight of the Turbine's they can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable during longer listening sessions.

Even though I haven't had the chance to listen to the N3i's for a longer period, I can already tell that they are much more comfortable due to their super low weight wooden housing.

One negative thing I found though, is that for me they stick out a bit too much.

 

Regarding the cable, I much prefer the cable of the N3i. I think it's a lot nicer than that of the Turbine.

 

So, soundwise I'd have to give the edge to the Turbines.

Considering the fact the the N3i's only cost 25€ (with the code) as opposed to the Turbines (99€ in Germany), the N3i is a real bargain!

 

 

 



Thanks!  Yeah, with the coupon these seem like they're pretty much a steal.  If I could buy them right now I would, but due to various circumstances I can't really buy anything online right now...at least not outside of China.

post #14 of 22

Just received my pair in the mail Monday morning, bought with coupon bigsmile_face.gif, burnt in about 12 hrs so far. They are really good at bringing the subbass into the forefront with dubstep, amazing really, given that i'm used to the Beyer DT880, which has extremely good bass, but not excessive, these on the other hand... with a good seal (for which i used doubled over small and medium tips from my stock Samsung Galaxy S IEMs as the included tips didn't work well as is) they have amazing quantities of subbass! I've found that the amount can be lowered by adjusting the seal with my ear, which is a bit like having an equalizer. However, with these quantities of bass i'm concerned about the quality of bass. So far nothing specific has stood out, but i haven't done much A/Bing yet.

 

These are my first pair of good IEMs, bought them because my phone can't output enough power to the DT880 600ohm. So far they are acceptable as an on-the-go replacement to my full-size headphones, better timbre than the Sony MDR-V6 (my other full-sized headphone that i avoid as much as possible for the the bloated bass, even after i modded it a bit to relax the highs enough that it at least isn't fatiguing).

 

I am getting a bit of crackle in the left side when i insert it, but it's to be expected, i guess. The j-cord is also annoying, with all the tension on one ear, but i'll get used to it, on the other hand, the cord construction is excellent, feels like nylon rope, great improvement over the standard plastic sheath. I'll write more in a few days if my impressions change a bit : )

post #15 of 22

I'm going to order a pair of these for when i'm out on my bike, That way if i sweat i won't kill my lovely IE8s

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Like the Playaz N3? Xears have the brand new nature N3i!