yep it's pretty much between the Grado's, AKG 240's, and Senn 280's at this point. Probably gonna wait for a good deal to pop up, but I'm really leaning towards the Grados.
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH940 or Ultrasone or other? Last post on 6/8/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Budget Headphone Odyssey: HD555 vs. SRH440 vs. K240S vs. DJ100 Last post on 12/14/10 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been working with RockJaw UK for the last 12 months giving feedback on their IEM...
Accessories (3.5/5): 1x Large, black, thick double-flange tips 1x Large, clear, bulbous single-flange tips 1x Large, clear, angled single-flanged tips 1x Medium, clear,...
I have my home listening station featuring a Hifiman 500 and the necessary economic infrastructure needed to make those shine. That's where I spend time deep listening, sipping hot tea, moving into...
Headphones for under $100 for mixing and listening - Page 2post #16 of 214/29/11 at 9:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 214/29/11 at 9:37amSeconding the Sony MDR-7506 (or the debatably identical and usually cheaper V6). The Shure SRH440 and Audio-Technica ATH-M30, though less popular than their big brothers, are also worth consideration.
Don't try to mix with Grados. They're fun, but nowhere near flat.post #18 of 214/29/11 at 7:03pmQuote:
Of course I'm serious. If you know people who mix exclusively on headphones, good for them, as long as their clients are happy, that's all that matters....
post #19 of 215/1/11 at 6:39pmThread Starterpost #20 of 216/15/11 at 9:01am
Headphones are great for mixing. There is no better way to get a feel for the sound field than with 'phones. I like a nice wide stage. Levels can get pretty close with headphones but the final listening-to NEEDS to be on good monitors.
BTW, I still vote AKG K240s for anything but recording vocals with a condenser mic.
- Headphones for under $100 for mixing and listening
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New York mini meet : Hifiman He-1000 Impressions thread 32 seconds ago
- › i dont like the m50x… what should i get??? 50 seconds ago
- › Need Advice on Home Hi-Fi Sources 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › WARNING! SCAM! Final Audio Piano Forte X-G 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › Yurbuds Ironman Focus Behind the Ear Performance Earloop Fit Sport... by ShadowZ32
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by Ander
- › T-PEOS 3Way Hybrid Premium Sound Earphone H-150 by faithguy19
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)