yep it's pretty much between the Grado's, AKG 240's, and Senn 280's at this point. Probably gonna wait for a good deal to pop up, but I'm really leaning towards the Grados.
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH940 or Ultrasone or other? Last post on 6/8/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Budget Headphone Odyssey: HD555 vs. SRH440 vs. K240S vs. DJ100 Last post on 12/14/10 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shopping for a new pair under $100. Really bad luck so far. Last post on 8/21/12 at 4:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A True Test by Musician... ATH-M50 vs SR60i vs HD280 vs MDR-V6 vs SRH440, vs ??? Last post on 10/5/13 at 2:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- First foray into the audiophile world. I've read some recommendations, now I'm trying... Last post on 7/11/12 at 4:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a Brainwavz representative to try out a free pair of S5 IEMs under the condition I would write a review for them. I received them in mid July and have sampled them...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Headphones for under $100 for mixing and listening - Page 2post #16 of 214/29/11 at 9:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 214/29/11 at 9:37amSeconding the Sony MDR-7506 (or the debatably identical and usually cheaper V6). The Shure SRH440 and Audio-Technica ATH-M30, though less popular than their big brothers, are also worth consideration.
Don't try to mix with Grados. They're fun, but nowhere near flat.post #18 of 214/29/11 at 7:03pmQuote:
Of course I'm serious. If you know people who mix exclusively on headphones, good for them, as long as their clients are happy, that's all that matters....
post #19 of 215/1/11 at 6:39pmThread Starterpost #20 of 216/15/11 at 9:01am
Headphones are great for mixing. There is no better way to get a feel for the sound field than with 'phones. I like a nice wide stage. Levels can get pretty close with headphones but the final listening-to NEEDS to be on good monitors.
BTW, I still vote AKG K240s for anything but recording vocals with a condenser mic.
- Headphones for under $100 for mixing and listening
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Rock and Classical Headphones just now
- › Replacement Pads for Audio Technica ATH-M50S Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Is anyone building the KGSSHV? 3 minutes ago
- › I'm really sensitive to sibilance and strong treble; should I rule... 3 minutes ago
- › Potential problem with Macbook audio output 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 4 minutes ago
- › JH Roxanne with AK 240 special edition for japan market only AKR 03 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix Quattro amp: unboxing and initial impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)