yep it's pretty much between the Grado's, AKG 240's, and Senn 280's at this point. Probably gonna wait for a good deal to pop up, but I'm really leaning towards the Grados.
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH940 or Ultrasone or other? Last post on 6/8/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Budget Headphone Odyssey: HD555 vs. SRH440 vs. K240S vs. DJ100 Last post on 12/14/10 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/26/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Headphones for under $100 for mixing and listening - Page 2post #16 of 214/29/11 at 9:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 214/29/11 at 9:37amSeconding the Sony MDR-7506 (or the debatably identical and usually cheaper V6). The Shure SRH440 and Audio-Technica ATH-M30, though less popular than their big brothers, are also worth consideration.
Don't try to mix with Grados. They're fun, but nowhere near flat.post #18 of 214/29/11 at 7:03pmQuote:
Of course I'm serious. If you know people who mix exclusively on headphones, good for them, as long as their clients are happy, that's all that matters....
post #19 of 215/1/11 at 6:39pmThread Starterpost #20 of 216/15/11 at 9:01am
Headphones are great for mixing. There is no better way to get a feel for the sound field than with 'phones. I like a nice wide stage. Levels can get pretty close with headphones but the final listening-to NEEDS to be on good monitors.
BTW, I still vote AKG K240s for anything but recording vocals with a condenser mic.
- Headphones for under $100 for mixing and listening
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 seconds ago
- › Need reference headphones using a Scarlett 2i2 22 seconds ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › In need of desktop amp to power Klipsch - WB14 & subwoofer 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Guarding oneself against insurance fraud
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3