Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 652

post #9766 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Cough 337/339 cough..no noise..cough..cough..deadquiet...powerfull...cough..wonderful sound..double cough biggrin.gif

 

My HE-500 was DEAD silent with the Emotiva off of speaker taps with no resistors, regardless of where the knob was. 

 

In the meantime, take this for your cough:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

post #9767 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

You under the weather ?biggrin.gif
Yeah.its getting f...beep...ing cold here in the netherlands biggrin.gif
Seriously guys...for that amount of money u can get a deadquiet and nice sounding amp for ur he500...a lyr or a 337... Just put tubes in it..powercables into wall..connect headphone ..switch power on..and voila..wonderful music..i still believe (especially reading all this) an emotiva is to much work to get it play music on...but hey..i am a plug and play type of a guy..i love simple things of life..and simple things to have... biggrin.gif
post #9768 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Would have bought the hfmrookie evil 337 if it was a speaker amp cool.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Would have bought the hfmrookie evil 337 if it was a speaker amp cool.gif
biggrin.gif
post #9769 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Yeah.its getting f...beep...ing cold here in the netherlands biggrin.gif
Seriously guys...for that amount of money u can get a deadquiet and nice sounding amp for ur he500...a lyr or a 337... Just put tubes in it..powercables into wall..connect headphone ..switch power on..and voila..wonderful music..i still believe (especially reading all this) an emotiva is to much work to get it play music on...but hey..i am a plug and play type of a guy..i love simple things of life..and simple things to have... biggrin.gif
But I do. I have the Lyr with the Amperex tubes....could not resist the intrigue behind a speaker amp though
Edited by kothganesh - 12/11/13 at 8:03am
post #9770 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post


But I do. I have the Lyr with the Amperex tubes....could not resist the intrigue behind a speaker amp though


Can't wait to hear your impressions. I am a proud owner of the Lyr-Bifrost combo myself. I also have Amperex tubes :-)

post #9771 of 14589

I am renting the HE-500 again from the Cable company. I have acquired two new DAC's I want to try with them (Schiit Gungnir and a Peachtree Dac-It, my amp is a Lyr with various tubes). Wish me luck. I liked them a lot with my other Dac (the one inside the Marantz SACD-8004, which is probably too warm), so I expect a step up in performance from them. More detail, hopefully.

 

Just as an aside, I tend to prefer the more neutral Siemens tubes in my Lyr. Amperex tubes have a more warm sound, but also tends to make the highs more harsh. I plan to test both (and my Voshkods) with the various DACs/headphones. So many variables...

post #9772 of 14589

Looks like I'm lucky enough to try the Liquid Gold, Liquid Glass, and the Dark Star in my own home for a while with my HE-500's. I'lll let you know how that goes. :D

post #9773 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

Looks like I'm lucky enough to try the Liquid Gold, Liquid Glass, and the Dark Star in my own home for a while with my HE-500's. I'lll let you know how that goes. :D

:eek: You have to send them to me first though, so I can verify they are operating properly :cool:

post #9774 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

eek.gif  You have to send them to me first though, so I can verify they are operating properly cool.gif
Cavalli make one of the best headphone amps around..and as far i know the dark star is the most powerful of all heaphone amps..if i am not mistaken biggrin.gif
So this will be a real odeal for u..need any help? tongue.gif
post #9775 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

Looks like I'm lucky enough to try the Liquid Gold, Liquid Glass, and the Dark Star in my own home for a while with my HE-500's. I'lll let you know how that goes. :D


With pictures please :L3000:

post #9776 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Cavalli make one of the best headphone amps around..and as far i know the dark star is the most powerful of all heaphone amps..if i am not mistaken biggrin.gif
So this will be a real odeal for u..need any help? tongue.gif

Hahaha, if I could get them shipped around, I would. Here's the thing, they've been on my review list for a long time, and I was just blessed enough to give all three of them for a spin, a rare opportunity. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Austin Morrow - 12/11/13 at 11:46am
post #9777 of 14589

I recently purchased HE500 and I'm using it with Sony STR DN840 AVR via special cable that I build. But it is temporary and I'm looking for amp with 500 USD budget. 

I've also Arcam irDAC so DAC is not mention I've already and I'm very happy with it.

I'm reading post all 2 days and I couldn't  decide

My options are : 

 - Schiit Lyr : Good reviews, very powerful, also it looks sexy. I'm really like it's visuality.

 - Hifiman EF5 : Some comments are very good but some of them is suffuring with it's power not ebnough to juice well to HE500. I read it that 1 W at 32 ohms so theoricaly it is not powerful enough to drive well to HE500. It needs at least 1W at 38 ohms. Separate power supply is very good idea so probably hum is not the case for EF5. I'm afraid to hear hum from Lyr. By the way it is not good looking enough as Lyr.

 - Burson HA 160 : I think it is not good match with HE500 but it is already in my list.

 

I wish I can buy directly Violectric V200 but it is out of my budget. Maybe next time ha.

 

Any suggestion or opinion will be appreciated.

post #9778 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaan View Post
 

I recently purchased HE500 and I'm using it with Sony STR DN840 AVR via special cable that I build. But it is temporary and I'm looking for amp with 500 USD budget. 

I've also Arcam irDAC so DAC is not mention I've already and I'm very happy with it.

I'm reading post all 2 days and I couldn't  decide

My options are : 

 - Schiit Lyr : Good reviews, very powerful, also it looks sexy. I'm really like it's visuality.

 - Hifiman EF5 : Some comments are very good but some of them is suffuring with it's power not ebnough to juice well to HE500. I read it that 1 W at 32 ohms so theoricaly it is not powerful enough to drive well to HE500. It needs at least 1W at 38 ohms. Separate power supply is very good idea so probably hum is not the case for EF5. I'm afraid to hear hum from Lyr. By the way it is not good looking enough as Lyr.

 - Burson HA 160 : I think it is not good match with HE500 but it is already in my list.

 

I wish I can buy directly Violectric V200 but it is out of my budget. Maybe next time ha.

 

Any suggestion or opinion will be appreciated.

A proper class A big and heavy speaker amp has always been my dream with the HE-500.

post #9779 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaan View Post

I recently purchased HE500 and I'm using it with Sony STR DN840 AVR via special cable that I build. But it is temporary and I'm looking for amp with 500 USD budget. 
I've also Arcam irDAC so DAC is not mention I've already and I'm very happy with it.
I'm reading post all 2 days and I couldn't  decide
My options are : 
 - Schiit Lyr : Good reviews, very powerful, also it looks sexy. I'm really like it's visuality.
 - Hifiman EF5 : Some comments are very good but some of them is suffuring with it's power not ebnough to juice well to HE500. I read it that 1 W at 32 ohms so theoricaly it is not powerful enough to drive well to HE500. It needs at least 1W at 38 ohms. Separate power supply is very good idea so probably hum is not the case for EF5. I'm afraid to hear hum from Lyr. By the way it is not good looking enough as Lyr.
 - Burson HA 160 : I think it is not good match with HE500 but it is already in my list.

I wish I can buy directly Violectric V200 but it is out of my budget. Maybe next time ha.

Any suggestion or opinion will be appreciated.

Since you've been reading posts, do you have anything against the Emotiva?
post #9780 of 14589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post

Since you've been reading posts, do you have anything against the Emotiva?
Maybe he specifically wants a headphone amp so he doesnt need to fuss about any adapters for speaker connectors or resistors? Lolz biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .