or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 639

post #9571 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

I was thinking of stripping the wires out and put each connectors individually in a nylon sleeve and then do a 4 braid for aesthetic reasons.

Is there a benefit to add more strands?

If you believe in $500 cable that has a multiple strands in it, then yes.  I personally don't so my answer is no cuz my ears can't tell the difference.  That doesn't mean there's noone can.  I do believe in human with super senses though it's quite rare.  ;)

post #9572 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

I traded my Burson Soloist SL for a Schiit Lyr with a other Headifer because I'm just too curious about the Lyr with the HE-500 and Bifrost. Hope I won't regret it. Will be able to post some comparison next week. Not side by side unfortanately.

Can't wait i'm moving things around to get the same combo too.

post #9573 of 18011




Got these instead of a DAC upgrade. Probably a better choice
post #9574 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanSong View Post
 

Can't wait i'm moving things around to get the same combo too.


The funny thing is. I already traded with him once: ATH-AD2000 vs ATH-W1000x. Now I was planning to buy a LCD-2 to go with the Burson but opted for HE-500 after owning the HE-400 (loved it) and the HD650 (didn't like the dark sound). He just got the LCD-2 and now wants a Burson to go with them instead of the Lyr.

 

Can't wait to have them next week. Really really curious if it will be better for my HE-500 which I love already. I'll let you know asap :D

post #9575 of 18011
Thanks for all the advice
post #9576 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

Thanks for all the advice

Early Xmas present from Santa Claus?  :beerchug:

post #9577 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 


The funny thing is. I already traded with him once: ATH-AD2000 vs ATH-W1000x. Now I was planning to buy a LCD-2 to go with the Burson but opted for HE-500 after owning the HE-400 (loved it) and the HD650 (didn't like the dark sound). He just got the LCD-2 and now wants a Burson to go with them instead of the Lyr.

 

Can't wait to have them next week. Really really curious if it will be better for my HE-500 which I love already. I'll let you know asap :D

I have my beloved TD-11 on the selling block as we type, pass the word ;D

post #9578 of 18011

That one will sell itself ;)

 

Nice phones, spurxiii? Is it a good addition to the HE-500? I wouldn't mind myself some closed cans although I will always prefer open cans.

post #9579 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

Early Xmas present from Santa Claus?  :beerchug:

:k701smile: Kind of. Haven't bought anything in a while so been itching to buy something.

post #9580 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 


The funny thing is. I already traded with him once: ATH-AD2000 vs ATH-W1000x. Now I was planning to buy a LCD-2 to go with the Burson but opted for HE-500 after owning the HE-400 (loved it) and the HD650 (didn't like the dark sound). He just got the LCD-2 and now wants a Burson to go with them instead of the Lyr.

 

Can't wait to have them next week. Really really curious if it will be better for my HE-500 which I love already. I'll let you know asap :D

 

FWIW, I love my HE-500 with the Lyr.  I do enjoy rolling tubes.  Currently marveling to the 1966 RTC 1E88CCs - so damn clean, airy and musical - but it rocks to the Matsu****as, Amperex Orange Globes and hopefully my "new" 1961 Bugle Boys.  I can't comment on the Bifrost yet.  Give me four weeks and I'll have plenty to say  :D

 

Hope it works out for you.

post #9581 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

FWIW, I love my HE-500 with the Lyr.  I do enjoy rolling tubes.  Currently marveling to the 1966 RTC 1E88CCs - so

 

Fantastic combo, same year I run, they are just smooth as silk.

post #9582 of 18011

Just an initial impression but I think the TH600 is quite a good complimentary can to the HE500s, where the HE500s is weaker in the mid-sub bass the TH600s has it in spades. The upper end of the TH600s goes a bit further also. The mids of the TH600s are quite a bit recessed and thinner in comparison.

 

The TH600s were made for EDM, the HE500s is great for everything else but also a good all rounder.

post #9583 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

Fantastic combo, same year I run, they are just smooth as silk.

 

So glad I splashed the cash for them.  On records that are mixed with an emphasis on the mids/upper mids, they sing.  Throw a meatier mix at them and they positively shine without losing that airy top end and sense of space.  I'm curious how they'll sound when I slap the Q701 pads on the HE-500.  I might just float away....

post #9584 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

Fantastic combo, same year I run, they are just smooth as silk.

Is there a particular brand? Or is it the RTC?

 

I'm really looking for a tubes that can extend the low end a bit but make the mids syrupy, if that makes any sense. I have the Amperex 68 OGs NOS Halo getters.

 

Any ebay sellers I should look for on that particular tube of the 1966 RTC 1E88CC?


Edited by Alexnova - 11/29/13 at 6:31pm
post #9585 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexnova View Post
 

Is there a particular brand? Or is it the RTC?

 

I'm really looking for a tubes that can extend the low end a bit but make the mids syrupy, if that makes any sense. I have the Amperex 68 OGs NOS Halo getters.

 

Any ebay sellers I should look for on that particular tube of the 1966 RTC 1E88CC?

These:

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .