Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 626

post #9376 of 14654

Got my he500 today... Pretty Excited

post #9377 of 14654

11-month anniversary of my HE500 ownership today......still excited.

post #9378 of 14654

Got my HE-500 yesterday... starting to get excited...

post #9379 of 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

11-month anniversary of my HE500 ownership today......still excited.

If you are excited after 11 months then I have no choice but staying excited.  :D

Just got my HE500 back after 2 week trading with a friend's HD800, definitely very excited just like when I first got it.

post #9380 of 14654

Every time I have upgrade-itis, I only need to listen to the HE-500 to think to myself that it performs pretty darn well, and what more would I really need?

post #9381 of 14654

Still excited here..... My favorite listening regime is alternating a few days with the HE-500 and a few days with the T1

post #9382 of 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post

Every time I have upgrade-itis, I only need to listen to the HE-500 to think to myself that it performs pretty darn well, and what more would I really need?
y
Happens to me everytime smily_headphones1.gif
post #9383 of 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post
 

Still excited here..... My favorite listening regime is alternating a few days with the HE-500 and a few days with the T1

BobJS,

Did you happen to have HD800 before or listen to one?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thx.

post #9384 of 14654
My HE500s are with a friend for a while. It's been 1 week and I miss them. My 6 months of owning them just passed a few days ago. I've got the HD600s and mad dogs to tide me over
post #9385 of 14654

Okay, so...if you pull back the HE-500's about half an inch from your ears while they are on they sound like the HD800 and an LCD-2 Rev. 1 had a baby.

post #9386 of 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

Okay, so...if you pull back the HE-500's about half an inch from your ears while they are on they sound like the HD800 and an LCD-2 Rev. 1 had a baby.

A very beautiful baby that is.  I know exactly the sound you are describing and like it very much.  I just don't know how to keep the cups at that distance permanently.  :beerchug:

post #9387 of 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

A very beautiful baby that is.  I know exactly the sound you are describing and like it very much.  I just don't know how to keep the cups at that distance permanently.  :beerchug:

 

Wow, if I can keep the distance between my ears and the headphones, that would be end-game for me. Lol!

 

:beerchug:

post #9388 of 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

A very beautiful baby that is.  I know exactly the sound you are describing and like it very much.  I just don't know how to keep the cups at that distance permanently.  :beerchug:

Well it's easy in theory. Just detach the cup/drivers from the headband/yokes, and then use some much less clampy headband/yoke assemblies (maybe the K1000s) and pop the cup/drivers onto those so they just hang down.

 

Alternatively someone handy could probably craft a custom headband/yoke assembly. It could be very very simplistic - just two spring steel rods bent into shape with maybe a leather strap secured in the middle.


Edited by jerg - 11/21/13 at 9:48pm
post #9389 of 14654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Well it's easy in theory. Just detach the cup/drivers from the headband/yokes, and then use some much less clampy headband/yoke assemblies (maybe the K1000s) and pop the cup/drivers onto those so they just hang down.

 

Alternatively someone handy could probably craft a custom headband/yoke assembly. It could be very very simplistic - just two spring steel rods bent into shape with maybe a leather strap secured in the middle.

Jerg, what are you doing now?  Get to work.  We need this mod asap, or at least a design blue print.  :D

post #9390 of 14654

Just a quick question. I noticed that my DAC has a loose RCA jack. If it were damaged, would that perhaps lead to perceived channel imbalance?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .