Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 5/11/14 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on 8/19/14 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 619
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Man, Thailand is a scary place. I think I'd never sleep with a Thai woman with the fear of being caught by surprise.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:26pm
Yeah, I was going to say you mean surprised that she is a he
Yes, of course. What else did you think I meant? (please don't answer)
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:37pm
At this very moment I'm trying to take it off my mind. ugh.
I use the HE-6 balanced OCC on my HE-500. I didn't notice much difference from the stock cable sound wise(to be honest I usually don't notice much difference between cables at all), but it's much more flexible.
And as far as I remember, HE-500's stock cable is silver-plated copper, not pure silver. I don't like it because it's too stiff and very prone to microphonics.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 10:13pm
I've only tried the stock one but I like them a lot. I've read that silver cables have a brighter sound has that been the case so far.
Stock is SPC.
My cable is mogami so it's OFC. At first I thought there was differences and sounded warmer than stock. After a few days and many tracks, I came to my senses ...
You can tell that I don't believe in HP cable magic by now, can't you?
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CREATE THE ULTIMATE FPS HEADSET!!! just now
- › Blue Circle Hat Peed Thingee 2 48 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 (Like New) 8 minutes ago
- › WTB: NOS WE421A, WE422A 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)