Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 619post #9271 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9272 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
Man, Thailand is a scary place. I think I'd never sleep with a Thai woman with the fear of being caught by surprise.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:26pmpost #9273 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:25pmQuote:
Yeah, I was going to say you mean surprised that she is a hepost #9274 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:30pm
Yes, of course. What else did you think I meant? (please don't answer)
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:37pmpost #9275 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:35pmpost #9276 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:36pmpost #9277 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:45pmpost #9278 of 1341711/14/13 at 9:49pmQuote:
At this very moment I'm trying to take it off my mind. ugh.
I use the HE-6 balanced OCC on my HE-500. I didn't notice much difference from the stock cable sound wise(to be honest I usually don't notice much difference between cables at all), but it's much more flexible.
And as far as I remember, HE-500's stock cable is silver-plated copper, not pure silver. I don't like it because it's too stiff and very prone to microphonics.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 10:13pmpost #9279 of 1341711/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
I've only tried the stock one but I like them a lot. I've read that silver cables have a brighter sound has that been the case so far.post #9280 of 1341711/14/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
Stock is SPC.post #9281 of 1341711/14/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
My cable is mogami so it's OFC. At first I thought there was differences and sounded warmer than stock. After a few days and many tracks, I came to my senses ...
You can tell that I don't believe in HP cable magic by now, can't you?post #9282 of 1341711/14/13 at 11:10pmpost #9283 of 1341711/14/13 at 11:20pmpost #9284 of 1341711/14/13 at 11:24pm
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 3 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 2 minutes ago
- › Hello 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 6 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob