Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 619

post #9271 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

LOL i know what you're thinking and I wont answer :wink_face:

 

Back to HE-500 impressions and not Thai woman….

 

:D

post #9272 of 16446

Yes definitely!

 

Has anyone tried a pure copper cable on the 500? I have, and I find the stock cable is better. Is the stock cable silver-plated copper or pure silver?

post #9273 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

LOL i know what you're thinking and I wont answer :wink_face: 

 

Too many young ears around here...


At this very moment I'm trying to take it off my mind. ugh.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

 

Back to HE-500 impressions and not Thai woman….

 

:D


Agreed 100%.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Yes definitely!

 

Has anyone tried a pure copper cable on the 500? I have, and I find the stock cable is better. Is the stock cable silver-plated copper or pure silver?


I use the HE-6 balanced OCC on my HE-500. I didn't notice much difference from the stock cable sound wise(to be honest I usually don't notice much difference between cables at all), but it's much more flexible.

And as far as I remember, HE-500's stock cable is silver-plated copper, not pure silver. I don't like it because it's too stiff and very prone to microphonics.


Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 10:13pm
post #9274 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Yes definitely!

 

Has anyone tried a pure copper cable on the 500? I have, and I find the stock cable is better. Is the stock cable silver-plated copper or pure silver?

 

I've only tried the stock one but I like them a lot. I've read that silver cables have a brighter sound has that been the case so far.

post #9275 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Yes definitely!

 

Has anyone tried a pure copper cable on the 500? I have, and I find the stock cable is better. Is the stock cable silver-plated copper or pure silver?

Stock is SPC.

post #9276 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Yes definitely!

 

Has anyone tried a pure copper cable on the 500? I have, and I find the stock cable is better. Is the stock cable silver-plated copper or pure silver?

My cable is mogami so it's OFC.  At first I thought there was differences and sounded warmer than stock.  After a few days and many tracks, I came to my senses ...

You can tell that I don't believe in HP cable magic by now, can't you?  :p

post #9277 of 16446
e6dda40f_DSC_0044.jpeg

bd196404_DSC_0041.jpeg
post #9278 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
e6dda40f_DSC_0044.jpeg

bd196404_DSC_0041.jpeg

 

Interesting choice of chair..

post #9279 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Interesting choice of chair..

Only temporary. We are moving soon.
post #9280 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

e6dda40f_DSC_0044.jpeg

bd196404_DSC_0041.jpeg


That cable looks really good. Is it terminated in two 3-pin XLR? Which amp is that?

post #9281 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Yes definitely!

Has anyone tried a pure copper cable on the 500? I have, and I find the stock cable is better. Is the stock cable silver-plated copper or pure silver?
I have a toxic cables black widow (copper cable) .its affordable (in the standard edition) and far far better then the standard hifiman silverplated copper cable and some other premium cables i heard or owned on the he500.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/15/13 at 12:17am
post #9282 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I have a toxic cables black widow (copper cable) .its affordable (in the standard edition) and far far better then the standard hifiman silverplated copper cable and some other premium cables i heard or owned on the he500.

 

If we had to put this number in percentages, how much would classify as "far" better? You must be any Hi-Fi shop owner's dream customer. :p

 

I received one of the batches with the HE-6 OCC cables and I don't find anything wrong with the sound and I'm quite sceptical about headphone cable upgrades. In my view they are more cosmetic upgrades. I'll probably end up making a cable myself if I'm in the mood for a DIY project in the future. I'll probably end up buying some 24AWG mil-spec wire and connectors and solder it all together and see what the fuss is about.


Edited by daerron - 11/15/13 at 12:47am
post #9283 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post

If we had to put this number in percentages, how much would classify as "far" better? You must be any Hi-Fi shop owner's dream customer. tongue.gif

I received one of the batches with the HE-6 OCC cables and I don't find anything wrong with the sound and I'm quite sceptical about headphone cable upgrades. In my view they are more cosmetic upgrades. I'll probably end up making a cable myself if I'm in the mood for a DIY project in the future. I'll probably end up buying some 24AWG mil-spec wire and connectors and solder it all together and see what the fuss is about.
Question to u..did u EVER had a toxic cables black widow? Even the standard version? Listened to one?

And to be honest i find ur reaction is a bit ..well lets say..ON THE RIGHT LEVEL ON WHICH THIS ONCE WONDERFUL THREAD HAS SLIDE DOWN TO... calling me a dream for any hifi shop? U DONT EVEN KNOW ME! And if u did u should know that i am not! In reality i am a pain in the ass...extremely demanding...i am almost sure FAR MORE THEN U..i want the very best for my money..and the poor guy building my new custommade amp probably hates me by now!! I only accept the best for what my money can give me...

and do urself a favor..try a toxic cables BW.(.they are very affordable and love the he500).. Wait..better first Get a better rig (emotiva RIGHT?) then what u have now so u can actually HEAR what a good analog cable does with ur rig..
Am not even talking about their more expensive stuff... For me the BW is just right..u dont need to pay more then what they ask for it..and yes..i owned other brands, among a expensive custommade double helix cables cable and some others..and tried almost all wellknown 'REAL' premium brands on my he500 thats been sold in europe... And so i can state from experience that if u have a good quality rig a analog cable (like a headphone cable) can make a positive difference in quality of the sound..some can even make it worse if u buy the wrong one..a digital cable is a whole different matter of which i myself am not sure about yet..for me usb is still usb... Zeros and ones..

But it can be that my rig is also NOT good enough to show the differences..so i have to test again some cables when i have my new amp and my new code-x headphone in january or february...

I believe deeply in the limitations of my own rig..u will never hear me say if some stuff wont work on my rig, its not worth it then..as its always possible u DO hear improvements on more higher end stuff..but.why is it then that others dont see that too for theirs? instead they state that other components are not worth it (headphone cables, powercables, anti vibration thingies etc)but in reality it could be their 'budget' (or wrongly put together!) rig thats holding them back sonically to hear differences..

So no..trust me..if u dont make exceptional stuff u dont even want me as ur customer as i would be ur worst nightmare if u dont deliver what u promise.
Am not angry.. I just dont understand people saying those 'funny' things and then using that as a reason to make a point.. I understand that cables can be expensive..but before u actually invest in ur rig it could be hard indeed for u to hear differences coming from the use of better analog cables..so for u it could maybe be a waste of money indeed to invest in a very good after market cable...as quoting u...u cant hear a difference..i understand completely why now..have a good day... And i once again remember why i decided to leave this thread.... redface.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/15/13 at 2:01am
post #9284 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Question to u..did u EVER had a toxic cables black widow? Even the standard version? Listened to one?

And to be honest i find ur reaction is a bit ..well lets say..ON THE RIGHT LEVEL ON WHICH THIS ONCE WONDERFUL THREAD HAS SLIDE DOWN TO... calling me a dream for any hifi shop? U DONT EVEN KNOW ME! And if u did u should know that i am not! In reality i am a pain in the ass...extremely demanding...i am almost sure FAR MORE THEN U..i want the very best for my money..and the poor guy building my new custommade amp probably hates me by now!! I only accept the best for what my money can give me...

and do urself a favor..try a toxic cables BW.(.they are very affordable and love the he500).. Wait..better first Get a better rig (emotiva RIGHT?) then what u have now so u can actually HEAR what a good analog cable does with ur rig..
Am not even talking about their more expensive stuff... For me the BW is just right..u dont need to pay more then what they ask for it..and yes..i owned other brands, among a expensive custommade double helix cables cable and some others..and tried almost all wellknown 'REAL' premium brands on my he500 thats been sold in europe... And so i can state from experience that if u have a good quality rig a analog cable (like a headphone cable) can make a positive difference in quality of the sound..some can even make it worse if u buy the wrong one..a digital cable is a whole different matter of which i myself am not sure about yet..for me usb is still usb... Zeros and ones..

But it can be that my rig is also NOT good enough to show the differences..so i have to test again some cables when i have my new amp and my new code-x headphone in january or february...

I believe deeply in the limitations of my own rig..u will never hear me say if some stuff wont work on my rig, its not worth it then..as its always possible u DO hear improvements on more higher end stuff..but.why is it then that others dont see that too for theirs? instead they state that other components are not worth it (headphone cables, powercables, anti vibration thingies etc)but in reality it could be their 'budget' (or wrongly put together!) rig thats holding them back sonically to hear differences..

So no..trust me..if u dont make exceptional stuff u dont even want me as ur customer as i would be ur worst nightmare if u dont deliver what u promise.
Am not angry.. I just dont understand people saying those 'funny' things and then using that as a reason to make a point.. I understand that cables can be expensive..but before u actually invest in ur rig it could be hard indeed for u to hear differences coming from the use of better analog cables..so for u it could maybe be a waste of money indeed to invest in a very good after market cable...as quoting u...u cant hear a difference..i understand completely why now..have a good day... And i once again remember why i decided to leave this thread.... redface.gif

 

That is a long post without answering my question, but I appreciate your long and thoughtful response... My sincere apologies as well if I my comment offended you, it was very much meant as tongue in the cheek. I am sure that are giving the guys building your amp a torrid time.

 

The reason why I asked you the question is, because I had a toxic cable on order, but cancelled my order after waiting more than 5 months for mine and I thought that for the money that the sonic upgrade wouldn't be worthwhile. So your comment had me quite intrigued, but I wanted to know what a substantial improvement meant in your opinion in a way that I could understand it, to figure out whether I made a mistake or not?

 

You are welcome to give me tap on the Emotiva. My philosophy is always to buy gear with a high value for money factor. I am sure there are much better amps out there than the Emotiva, but for me it is a point of drawing a line in the sand on what is good enough and sticking to it and I also have far from perfect hearing. To get that extra 5% improvement adds a substantial amount of money into the equation. I have a lot of other interests beside Head-fi and have to divide my resources carefully between all those so each to his own. Being an electronics engineer of course means I view a lot of claims and statements with a healthy dose of scepticism.


Edited by daerron - 11/15/13 at 2:53am
post #9285 of 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Question to u..did u EVER had a toxic cables black widow? Even the standard version? Listened to one?

And to be honest i find ur reaction is a bit ..well lets say..ON THE RIGHT LEVEL ON WHICH THIS ONCE WONDERFUL THREAD HAS SLIDE DOWN TO... calling me a dream for any hifi shop? U DONT EVEN KNOW ME! And if u did u should know that i am not! In reality i am a pain in the ass...extremely demanding...i am almost sure FAR MORE THEN U..i want the very best for my money..and the poor guy building my new custommade amp probably hates me by now!! I only accept the best for what my money can give me...

and do urself a favor..try a toxic cables BW.(.they are very affordable and love the he500).. Wait..better first Get a better rig (emotiva RIGHT?) then what u have now so u can actually HEAR what a good analog cable does with ur rig..
Am not even talking about their more expensive stuff... For me the BW is just right..u dont need to pay more then what they ask for it..and yes..i owned other brands, among a expensive custommade double helix cables cable and some others..and tried almost all wellknown 'REAL' premium brands on my he500 thats been sold in europe... And so i can state from experience that if u have a good quality rig a analog cable (like a headphone cable) can make a positive difference in quality of the sound..some can even make it worse if u buy the wrong one..a digital cable is a whole different matter of which i myself am not sure about yet..for me usb is still usb... Zeros and ones..

But it can be that my rig is also NOT good enough to show the differences..so i have to test again some cables when i have my new amp and my new code-x headphone in january or february...

I believe deeply in the limitations of my own rig..u will never hear me say if some stuff wont work on my rig, its not worth it then..as its always possible u DO hear improvements on more higher end stuff..but.why is it then that others dont see that too for theirs? instead they state that other components are not worth it (headphone cables, powercables, anti vibration thingies etc)but in reality it could be their 'budget' (or wrongly put together!) rig thats holding them back sonically to hear differences..

So no..trust me..if u dont make exceptional stuff u dont even want me as ur customer as i would be ur worst nightmare if u dont deliver what u promise.
Am not angry.. I just dont understand people saying those 'funny' things and then using that as a reason to make a point.. I understand that cables can be expensive..but before u actually invest in ur rig it could be hard indeed for u to hear differences coming from the use of better analog cables..so for u it could maybe be a waste of money indeed to invest in a very good after market cable...as quoting u...u cant hear a difference..i understand completely why now..have a good day... And i once again remember why i decided to leave this thread.... redface.gif

It's going to be all right...........just breathe and relax......:blink:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .