Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 619
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Man, Thailand is a scary place. I think I'd never sleep with a Thai woman with the fear of being caught by surprise.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:26pm
Yeah, I was going to say you mean surprised that she is a he
Yes, of course. What else did you think I meant? (please don't answer)
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:37pm
At this very moment I'm trying to take it off my mind. ugh.
I use the HE-6 balanced OCC on my HE-500. I didn't notice much difference from the stock cable sound wise(to be honest I usually don't notice much difference between cables at all), but it's much more flexible.
And as far as I remember, HE-500's stock cable is silver-plated copper, not pure silver. I don't like it because it's too stiff and very prone to microphonics.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 10:13pm
I've only tried the stock one but I like them a lot. I've read that silver cables have a brighter sound has that been the case so far.
Stock is SPC.
My cable is mogami so it's OFC. At first I thought there was differences and sounded warmer than stock. After a few days and many tracks, I came to my senses ...
You can tell that I don't believe in HP cable magic by now, can't you?
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Help Choosing The Right Pair Of Cans. 14 seconds ago
- › the Pimeta-V2 thread 1 minute ago
- › Best pair of headphones for Under 200? 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR007 Resonance Problems? 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2