Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 619post #9271 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9272 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
Man, Thailand is a scary place. I think I'd never sleep with a Thai woman with the fear of being caught by surprise.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:26pmpost #9273 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:25pmQuote:
Yeah, I was going to say you mean surprised that she is a hepost #9274 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:30pm
Yes, of course. What else did you think I meant? (please don't answer)
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 9:37pmpost #9275 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:35pmpost #9276 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:36pmpost #9277 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:45pmpost #9278 of 1421811/14/13 at 9:49pmQuote:
At this very moment I'm trying to take it off my mind. ugh.
I use the HE-6 balanced OCC on my HE-500. I didn't notice much difference from the stock cable sound wise(to be honest I usually don't notice much difference between cables at all), but it's much more flexible.
And as far as I remember, HE-500's stock cable is silver-plated copper, not pure silver. I don't like it because it's too stiff and very prone to microphonics.
Edited by Okamoto - 11/14/13 at 10:13pmpost #9279 of 1421811/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
I've only tried the stock one but I like them a lot. I've read that silver cables have a brighter sound has that been the case so far.post #9280 of 1421811/14/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
Stock is SPC.post #9281 of 1421811/14/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
My cable is mogami so it's OFC. At first I thought there was differences and sounded warmer than stock. After a few days and many tracks, I came to my senses ...
You can tell that I don't believe in HP cable magic by now, can't you?post #9282 of 1421811/14/13 at 11:10pmpost #9283 of 1421811/14/13 at 11:20pmpost #9284 of 1421811/14/13 at 11:24pm
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice on a pair of headphones for around £40, for both old... 4 minutes ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)