You all should really hear James Newton's Howard composition of "The Village." It's simply stunning on the HE-500. In lossless obviously.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 5/11/14 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on 8/19/14 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 616
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+1 fully agree. The MG12s have a very similar sound signature. The wall of sound effect with maggies is quite impressive. Its a marked difference to go back to a speaker with a single point source for the treble.
I and everyone else who had them moved on from Maggies. There are better speakers out there which can serve both music and home theater use.
BUT, it is a unique sound signature all its own, and its nice to have a reminder of it in the HE-500.
And now starts the very hard time of waiting for my he5 code-x, without my beloved he500
Wish u well my friends..
Have fun when i am gone
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/12/13 at 3:28pm
Only running my friends HE500 off of an asus essence stx but they sound amazing already.
Will check it out.
Farewell friend! Don't be a stranger to the thread though, it's not the same without you! Also, once you get your hands on the Code-X and your new amp... impressions please!
Waiting for the dust to settle.. but I think I prefer the HE500s over my Grados sr325is already after 1 day of using them. Unexpected tbh.
I've read about the Grados withdraw from some users, and I'm only amping the HE500s with the essence stx soundcard. So definitely wasn't expecting to enjoy them this much so quickly.
As soon i have my rig complete again i will make a review thread about that...i will post a shortcut here to that thread for anyone interested.
Ps..anyone who still need advice..u still can contact me by pm just as some of u did already.. I will, as always, advice/help in the same honest way as i did until now... The people who contacted me by pm know what i mean
Thanks again dudes for the informative rollercoaster on this thread... To be honest..my new rig is so unknown on headfi that i am wondering if i will have any reason to even get back to headfi at all
Oh well we have to see in january then..
Guys i still have two pairs of very special thingies to sell...
@angelbelow: if u like the he500 so much already then wait until u get the right amp for ur he500
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/13/13 at 2:33pm
Great! I think you will be very happy.
I just received my WA6-SE today and so far I am very very satisfied and I have heard good words about the WA7 with them. :)
To my ears, HE-500 is a much more tonally balanced and correct headphone. LCD2 is too dark for my taste.
Better not say that over on head-fi or they'll wring you out to dry.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 28 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 47 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › QUAD PA-One Valve Headphone Amplifier and DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio x3 vs Fiio x5 or other help please? 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AD900 pads - fit other models too 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)