Definitely our eardrum specification are same..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 616
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Only running my friends HE500 off of an asus essence stx but they sound amazing already.
Will check it out.
Farewell friend! Don't be a stranger to the thread though, it's not the same without you! Also, once you get your hands on the Code-X and your new amp... impressions please!
Waiting for the dust to settle.. but I think I prefer the HE500s over my Grados sr325is already after 1 day of using them. Unexpected tbh.
I've read about the Grados withdraw from some users, and I'm only amping the HE500s with the essence stx soundcard. So definitely wasn't expecting to enjoy them this much so quickly.
As soon i have my rig complete again i will make a review thread about that...i will post a shortcut here to that thread for anyone interested.
Ps..anyone who still need advice..u still can contact me by pm just as some of u did already.. I will, as always, advice/help in the same honest way as i did until now... The people who contacted me by pm know what i mean
Thanks again dudes for the informative rollercoaster on this thread... To be honest..my new rig is so unknown on headfi that i am wondering if i will have any reason to even get back to headfi at all
Oh well we have to see in january then..
Guys i still have two pairs of very special thingies to sell...
@angelbelow: if u like the he500 so much already then wait until u get the right amp for ur he500
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/13/13 at 2:33pm
Great! I think you will be very happy.
I just received my WA6-SE today and so far I am very very satisfied and I have heard good words about the WA7 with them. :)
To my ears, HE-500 is a much more tonally balanced and correct headphone. LCD2 is too dark for my taste.
Better not say that over on head-fi or they'll wring you out to dry.
I do share this impression with you but I have also heard from different people that you need time to open up to LCD2.
With HE500, I didn't have to do any of that. Rocking since day 1.
YES! With both LCD-2 and LCD-3.
HE-500 are more coherent in their FR than LCD-2. Although bass and mid tonality goes to LCD-2 over HE-500. Vocals are more natural on either Audeze. LSD-3 over both in both aspects.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 14 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 28 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Balancing Act Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › Mass Ko Bo 385 and Mass Ko Bo 395 with hi and Lo gain selector... 4 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Ref. 1 Too/ Uber Too cable 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2