or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 600

post #8986 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post

Again, you say that because you heard the Lyr at a meet with one set of tubes.

I have both amps right here, the DV is good but to my ears, the Lyr with some RTC E188cc's just sounds better with the HE-500 (bigger sound stage, better harmonics, tighter bass). How many tubes have you heard in the Lyr to make that assumption? The DV is around 400 dollars more here in the US, mine is the SE and was well over  twice as much as the Lyr. (2.5times as much with my tubes).  Please give that comparison a break already, you have heard the Lyr once or twice you do not know how rolling in the right tube makes a big difference.
I still stand with my believe that with ts 5998 and mesh plates the 337(mine..and u know it was modded for around 600euros worth) is better choice over a lyr and i am also wondering what tubes u used to make UR assumption...

i know a couple of people who listened or owned the lyr (with all sorts of tubes in it) and ALL said my 337 showed better soudnstage, less muddy and better midrange..only in the bass the lyr beats it handsdown....and i am not talking about 1 or two persons... And not on meetings also..but i guess ur have other hearing as everyone has..or have other prefernces..and thats okay!

. And i never said the 337 was best amp..i just said with the he500 and hd650 it was better then the lyr on the points i just mentioned...but somehow u react like being bitten by a wasp! Relax man!

But maybe i missed it..what tubes ur using in ur 337se? As especially the 337 is very sensitive to the right tubes i found out..and what phone is connected to it..

And i never said that u HAVE to buy it.just try it..and thats its MY OPINION..and u have to respect that...

.and to be honest..ur the ONLY one who says the lyr is better then the 337... So can u pls elaborate what tubes ur using? I know by now that the tubes ur using on ur lyr are very expensive and premium tubes..maybe u should try premium tubes on ur 337 se also? Like GEC? TS5998 or my favorite, the bendix 6980wb graphite plates (huge soundstage and low bass!)

But as i stated many times before..mine was modded and of last reversion..i know that earlier reversions (also the SE version) were not as good with harder to drive phones..maybe u have an earlier version? Then i can understand why u dont have any love for that amp.

So pls...keep ur attacks to urself..and respect my opinion... Let others decide for themselves if they decide to listen to a 337/339.. Even if u think it sounds ****ty compared to ur super lyr...
I dont attack beats headphone owners also when i read them saying its best headphone u can buy because the bass is bonkers (still dont know what that last word means lolz)..i just smile and let it be.. As we all love our music... So pls..relax..if i wanna talk about that amp in a positive way..or even if i said its better then a cavalli gold (god would kill me if i did that lolz)...just relax and think: that guy is nuts... Or something..lolz..

Friends again? beerchug.gif
post #8987 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post

Again, you say that because you heard the Lyr at a meet with one set of tubes.

I have both amps right here, the DV is good but to my ears, the Lyr with some RTC E188cc's just sounds better with the HE-500 (bigger sound stage, better harmonics, tighter bass). How many tubes have you heard in the Lyr to make that assumption? The DV is around 400 dollars more here in the US, mine is the SE and was well over  twice as much as the Lyr. (2.5times as much with my tubes).  Please give that comparison a break already, you have heard the Lyr once or twice you do not know how rolling in the right tube makes a big difference.

I think to get a good impression of any given amp with a particular headphone you have to listen to it over an extended period of time. I've tried combinations which I was ready to dismiss after an hour's listening time, only to have them grow on me after a few weeks and end up sounding terrific. I'm coming to the realisation that, providing the ancillary gear meets a certain criteria, the real synergy is between the headphone and the brain.
post #8988 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post



So pls...keep ur attacks to urself..and respect my opinion... Let others decide for themselves if they decide to listen to a 337/339.. Even if u think it sounds ****ty compared to ur super lyr...
I dont attack beats headphone owners also when i read them saying its best headphone u can buy because the bass is bonkers (still dont know what that last word means lolz)..i just smile and let it be.. As we all love our music... So pls..relax..if i wanna talk about that amp in a positive way..or even if i said its better then a cavalli gold (god would kill me if i did that lolz)...just relax and think: that guy is nuts... Or something..lolz..

Friends again? beerchug.gif

I am not attacking you in any way....my goodness relax. Why is it that you can say what you want but if someone disagrees it is a personal insult to your integrity?  We are talking sound, sound is subjective. We are not discussing religion or politics:biggrin:

 

I told you what tubes I use in the last post. I am just saying that you throw digs at equipment you do not own or have experience with.  I like the 337, I have used it for over 2 years (that's long for me). I am just simply stating that I own both amps, they are not far apart from each other in terms of dynamics. My ears prefer the Lyr with the HE-500, the DV with the 650. I can say that because I have experience with both. For the money the Lyr is a nice little amp, with the some good tubes it is a great value.

 

Honestly, the Emotiva for$169 is on par with both (I prefer tubes). I can say that because I own/heard.

 

I can definitively say this is what my ears hear because I own all three(no assumption).

post #8989 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


I think to get a good impression of any given amp with a particular headphone you have to listen to it over an extended period of time. I've tried combinations which I was ready to dismiss after an hour's listening time, only to have them grow on me after a few weeks and end up sounding terrific. I'm coming to the realisation that, providing the ancillary gear meets a certain criteria, the real synergy is between the headphone and the brain.

Amen to this. I hated the Lcd-2 at first, I am glad I stayed with it.

post #8990 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

I think to get a good impression of any given amp with a particular headphone you have to listen to it over an extended period of time. I've tried combinations which I was ready to dismiss after an hour's listening time, only to have them grow on me after a few weeks and end up sounding terrific. I'm coming to the realisation that, providing the ancillary gear meets a certain criteria, the real synergy is between the headphone and the brain.
I agree with that.. Totally..but it always is a personal opinion and experience... Everyone listens diferently.... And no i didnt have the lyr for months..but did have a long listening session with it on a very quiet meet and one at home of a friend of mine... And my experiences go one on one with people listening to my 337.. My opinion is based on that... And as i said its my opinion... If someone has another..i respect that..

Soon my new amp comes in..and i hope to compare him (after 200 hours burn in time) to cavalli and bakoon amps or the new ALO super amp on meets one day.... That will be fun, especially on my new code-x wink.gif so i hope frearless wont buy any of those amps as he then will stab me again when i say i like my amp better.. biggrin.gif

By the way..i have him back again..long story! Didnt mention it before because of the danger of being hung by some people here. wink.gif

Soon i will be putting him on sale again..no more comparisions anymore..just enjoying..pity i dont have the bendix anymore! redface.gif

And i agree that ur mind can be a strong filter to whether u like something or not..no matter price.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/1/13 at 5:39am
post #8991 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post

I am not attacking you in any way....my goodness relax. Why is it that you can say what you want but if someone disagrees it is a personal insult to your integrity?  We are talking sound, sound is subjective. We are not discussing religion or politics:D

I told you what tubes I use in the last post. I am just saying that you throw digs at equipment you do not own or have experience with.  I like the 337, I have used it for over 2 years (that's long for me). I am just simply stating that I own both amps, they are not far apart from each other in terms of dynamics. My ears prefer the Lyr with the HE-500, the DV with the 650. I can say that because I have experience with both. For the money the Lyr is a nice little amp, with the some good tubes it is a great value.

Honestly, the Emotiva for$169 is on par with both (I prefer tubes). I can say that because I own/heard.

I can definitively say this is what my ears hear because I own all three(no assumption).
I agree with u that the dv is a heaven pair with the hd650... Damn..we agree on something.. tongue.gif

Oh well..lets say we agree in disagreeing on something...

What u just said is reasonable for me... Its always personal taste... And i was just reacting on ur..well..little assertive first post..
Just forget it.. Put it under the carpet..lolz

Did i tell u i am planning to buy a emotiva for my study rig? Koiloco forced me! Lolz
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/1/13 at 5:47am
post #8992 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post



Did i tell u i am planning to buy a emotiva for my study rig? Koiloco forced me! Lolz

Cool, it is actually really good with certain HP's. I was shocked at how much I enjoy the raw power. I think you will like it, for $169 it really isn't a big investment (though I am sure it was costly to import).

 

I just picked up a Fosgate Signature Series amp to pair with my incoming HD800's (heard at a friends house and fell in love with the combo), I actually cant believe what I am hearing. I really do not want to tube roll anymore, but this amp is fantastic with the stock tubes, I would only imagine it getting better with some upgraded tubes. Well, at least 12ax7's are not as pricey as some . 

post #8993 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post

Cool, it is actually really good with certain HP's. I was shocked at how much I enjoy the raw power. I think you will like it, for $169 it really isn't a big investment (though I am sure it was costly to import).

I just picked up a Fosgate Signature Series amp to pair with my incoming HD800's (heard at a friends house and fell in love with the combo), I actually cant believe what I am hearing. I really do not want to tube roll anymore, but this amp is fantastic with the stock tubes, I would only imagine it getting better with some upgraded tubes. Well, at least 12ax7's are not as pricey as some . 
Well..i am off tubes for sure..as my new amp is totally opamp based.. And solid state..u cant even switch it off! As there is no on-off switch..lolz

. But i am more curious for the code-x i will be getting!
Damn..this year was deadly for my wallet..am still surpised i am still standing..lolz. But have to wait for both until second week of january.. This whole year was about waiting..first my cable and now this...arrrrrggghhhh biggrin.gif

Fosgate? That brand rings a bell to me in the past... But never ever saw one or heard one... Again tubes? U know ur going to spend at least an extra 150usd on ur amp with tuberolling huh?tongue.gif
post #8994 of 18028

Would the Audioquest Dragonfly work well with the HE-500 and Burson Soloist SL as a DAC? I could get one for 175 euro in Europe. Or what about the Schiit Modi for only 119 euro in Holland :-D Or maybe the Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 100 for 200 euro. Aaaaargh :tongue:


Edited by Textfeud - 11/1/13 at 4:03pm
post #8995 of 18028
Just sell the burson and buy a NFB 28 lol. You will be balanced with DAC and amp, and have the option to upgrade either in the future. You also might make money in the process #winning
post #8996 of 18028

Its my guess that the Burson and Audio-GD units would sound quite different from one another. The Dragonfly DAC should work well with the Burson as the DAC is more on the lean side of the spectrum, but will add a bit of bass as well.

post #8997 of 18028

Just pulled the trigger on the Uber Bifrost with USB. Good choice? ^^

post #8998 of 18028

HE6 would be nice to listen too

post #8999 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post

Just pulled the trigger on the Uber Bifrost with USB. Good choice? ^^

Good choice. Well regarded DAC and very good value.

Now all you need is a Lyr to match it :-)
post #9000 of 18028

Soloist SL is better. RIGHT :tongue:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .