- 1,128 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 592post #8866 of 1408110/25/13 at 3:12pmhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/679643/referencesounds-lffs-modded-he-5-code-x-appreciation-thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8867 of 1408110/25/13 at 3:13pmpost #8868 of 1408110/25/13 at 3:16pmpost #8869 of 1408110/25/13 at 3:38pm
i havent had a chance to test out the bendix 6080wb that much, but i will on the Glenn OTL amp i'll be auditioning.
i stuck witth TS 5998 on the WA22, i could barely notice a difference with any of them, with the bendix, it was the most obvious change, however, i didn't really take the time to evaluate it, i'll do that with the glenn otl, or a WA2.post #8870 of 1408110/25/13 at 3:55pmpost #8871 of 1408110/25/13 at 3:57pmpost #8872 of 1408110/25/13 at 4:00pmpost #8873 of 1408110/25/13 at 4:02pmpost #8874 of 1408110/25/13 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ethan7000
Can't believe he actually started selling those.
Or if you own a pair of HE-5's he'll modify them for the rock bottom price of $700!
Edited by elwappo99 - 10/25/13 at 4:08pmpost #8875 of 1408110/25/13 at 4:07pm
i will..but dont forget one thing my friend...it will be paired with a very good amp (BC)...so it will be hard not being positive comparing to the he500 with the also excellent 337 i had..as the new stuff is a whole new ballgame... but ofcourse i will be as objective as possible..
about the price: well... a dear friend of mine actually listened to the only model in the wild...(he sells hifiman/audeze/mad dogs/grados etc. and the more higher end brands like burson/musical fidelity etc)..and we both have the same attitude about stuff in general...and especially him i consider a good reference if he says something about headphones.... i was doubting until a few days..but when i had thim on the phone he was and i quote: stunned how good it sounded..it was a wonderful headphone that sounded better then most phones he sells and listened to even high end phones...
for me that was reason enough to order one and put my modded he500 for sale immediately...
stupid? maybe..smart? also maybe...it will be unique though..as the he5 is rare now!
well i have to find out when i have one..or when the first batch are going to be delivered...i am sure the new owners will review the can as soon as they have one...
Edited by hifimanrookie - 10/25/13 at 4:15pmpost #8876 of 1408110/25/13 at 4:09pmpost #8877 of 1408110/25/13 at 4:22pm
Haha I just noticed how rambunctious and passionate you two are on your products. And I've lost count on how many times Nomax has stated it's his last post in that K812 thread. I thought maybe when Nomax wasn't being paid to talk up AKG or Sennheiser, he personally preferred Hifiman and posted under a different name. And that he'd drop that "sorry for my ENGlishhh " act. Love the guy though. I'm his #1 fan though I'm sure many others will dispute my claim to that. I hope Hifiman hires him to reveal their next flagship.post #8878 of 1408110/25/13 at 7:04pmpost #8879 of 1408110/25/13 at 7:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
Haha I just noticed how rambunctious and passionate you two are on your products. And I've lost count on how many times Nomax has stated it's his last post in that K812 thread. I thought maybe when Nomax wasn't being paid to talk up AKG or Sennheiser, he personally preferred Hifiman and posted under a different name. And that he'd drop that "sorry for my ENGlishhh " act. Love the guy though. I'm his #1 fan though I'm sure many others will dispute my claim to that. I hope Hifiman hires him to reveal their next flagship.
i am not him... but there are more passionate people here on headfi.... and some are not paid to be positive about certain brands..lolz i just like the products i own...A LOTpost #8880 of 1408110/25/13 at 7:10pm
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › My mini-review of the Onkyo C-S5VL SACD Player 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Review and Comparison of the $200 Open-Back Underdogs: The AKG K612... 12 minutes ago
- › Looking for instrumental Celtic music? 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)