or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 562

post #8416 of 18030

Hooked the HE-500 up to my 1979 Harman Kardon 670 60WPC stereo receiver full restore and I can't even describe it. amazing. just amazing. this is the best money that I didn't even have that I've ever spent! LOL

post #8417 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Oh what amplifier is that??
The one ur going to try/ buy one day as its killing u how it sounds biggrin.gif
post #8418 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrinj View Post

Hooked the HE-500 up to my 1979 Harman Kardon 670 60WPC stereo receiver full restore and I can't even describe it. amazing. just amazing. this is the best money that I didn't even have that I've ever spent! LOL
U spend money u didnt even have?damn..whats ur secret..i need to know how that goes also as i am always thinking i have to little money to buy the stuff i want biggrin.gif
Seriously..back in the old days harman kardon made some excellent stuff..i once had a harman kardon LP player..pity i dont know model anymore..it was all gloss black on huge rubber feet...and weighted a ton...thats all i remember..but the sound..!! Sold it in favor of a technics sl1200... As those were super popular back then and had that very sweet stoboscope light shining on the side of the silver colored platter..we all loved that!! lolz biggrin.gif
post #8419 of 18030
Thinking about picking up some of these. Anybody run them off a Burson Conductor?
post #8420 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Thinking about picking up some of these. Anybody run them off a Burson Conductor?

I like it off of a Soloist.

post #8421 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


U spend money u didnt even have?damn..whats ur secret..i need to know how that goes also as i am always thinking i have to little money to buy the stuff i want biggrin.gif
Seriously..back in the old days harman kardon made some excellent stuff..i once had a harman kardon LP player..pity i dont know model anymore..it was all gloss black on huge rubber feet...and weighted a ton...thats all i remember..but the sound..!! Sold it in favor of a technics sl1200... As those were super popular back then and had that very sweet stoboscope light shining on the side of the silver colored platter..we all loved that!! lolz biggrin.gif

Amazon store card. And oh yeah? I've never seen an HK TT. I have this 670 and a 430. 

post #8422 of 18030

How does the Lepai fair to the Emotiva mini? 


Edited by fluidz - 10/9/13 at 9:38pm
post #8423 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidz View Post
 

How does the Lepai fair to the Emotiva mini? 

Since the Emotiva doesn't require a balanced setup and the Lepai does, I don't know how many people have both since the cables start getting cost prohibitive as you have more than one setup. Most people who have the Emotiva just do the simple TRS to 4 banana plugs adapter. I do have a balanced setup with my Baby Sophia amp, and I ordered the Lepai to compare since it was only $20. I could give you a comparison between the Baby Sophia and Lepai when it arrives, but the Baby Sophia is a tube amp so it's probably not what you're looking for.

 

You can look up class AB vs class T amps in some AV forums. That would probably give you a better idea.


Edited by Sonido - 10/9/13 at 9:50pm
post #8424 of 18030

Hi, I've been trying to find an old school amp to pair with a new school DAC (es9018) locally where I am and I saw this one today.

Hitachi HA-400

http://audio-database.com/Lo-D-HITACHI/amp/ha-400-e.html

 

 

To ship the Emotiva to where I am costs too much in tax/air mail so I'm hoping to dig up a quality used amp to give 500's the speaker taps route.

Are there any amp experts on this thread that would know if it is a rare gem and has shared ground ? The seller does not speak much English.

Guy also had a Pioneer A-570 for the same price ($175).

http://audio-database.com/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/amp/a-570-e.html


Edited by Lohb - 10/10/13 at 2:06am
post #8425 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrinj View Post

Amazon store card. And oh yeah? I've never seen an HK TT. I have this 670 and a 430. 
Oh ok..forgot that possibility wink.gif
Two hk vintage amps? Cool! tongue.gif
post #8426 of 18030

Cheapest speaker amp I found that supports TRS jack headphones: http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PTA2-2x40W-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B0013CDZDI

 

Now I don't know if that headphone jack will give the same power as the speaker outputs, or if you can connect to the speaker outputs with a common ground.

post #8427 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Oh ok..forgot that possibility wink.gif
Two hk vintage amps? Cool! tongue.gif

yup. I want to find a 730 and a 930 aswell. these HE-500's just sound perfect out of the headphone jack of the HK 670!

They also sounded WONDERFUL out of my brothers old 2001 TOTL Onkyo 7.1 receiver, idk the model number but it was the highest end one at the time along with the Onkyo  Integra   6-disc CD changer's headphone out it sounded good with that too. 

post #8428 of 18030
Just purchased the HE-500 headphones from RazorDog! Audio for an awesome price. I highly recommend that site for your audio needs. Next up, the new Vali Schiit amp! cool.gif
post #8429 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Just purchased the HE-500 headphones from RazorDog! Audio for an awesome price. I highly recommend that site for your audio needs. Next up, the new Vali Schiit amp! cool.gif

Valhalla? Not good with HE-500 at all.

post #8430 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Valhalla? Not good with HE-500 at all.
Not the Valhalla. Vali Schiit. It's out in a couple of weeks for $120.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .