I'm closing in on this thread again! Been away for a week comes back and.. 30 pages to read and more coming!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 547
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Classical is lovely with velour pads / J$ beyer pads / jergpads. Vocals / rock I prefer more with pleathers / jergpads (the lower mids just sound too thin for my tastes with velour pads especially, and J$s are kinda in-between).
Thanks. I've been considering the T90 for classical. Wonder how they would compare to the 500 avec les pads de jerg :)
strongest and best with electronic.
so trance, dubstep, drum and bass, techno, house, electro, dance, hardcore, hardstyle, trap, ambient, chillout, psy, etc.....
You're gonna end up keeping it aren't you
+1...word to the mothership
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and hear those dynamics come alive!
Btw, was listening to Bach Toccata and Fugue on the Chesky Binaural album the other evening. There's something to be said for a headphone that feels like it can recreate those low organ notes adequately with some scale to do it justice. I got goosebumps listening to the music!
Edited by daerron - 9/26/13 at 9:50am
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and watch those dynamics come alive!
Solid agreement. The sound of HE-500 at that price is untouchable, even for classical. The positioning of that sound however...that's another story. Although you still get decent width wiggle room.
SR-007, I haven't had the chance to try but SR-009 driven by a BH, I did listen quite a bit at the recent CA meet. IMO, HE500 has no chance in this fight but it's not a fair comparison in this case, of course. I still drool every time I remember the sound of that wicked combo.
Oh wait... If i am not mistaken i saw a sr007 on sale inthe classifieds not so long ago....ru interested to buy it? Mmmmmm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/26/13 at 11:12am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Spacious Cups? 2 minutes ago
- › The Mayflower CMOY : A portable O2? 3 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 6 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 9 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2