I'm closing in on this thread again! Been away for a week comes back and.. 30 pages to read and more coming!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on 11/24/14 at 4:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 547
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Classical is lovely with velour pads / J$ beyer pads / jergpads. Vocals / rock I prefer more with pleathers / jergpads (the lower mids just sound too thin for my tastes with velour pads especially, and J$s are kinda in-between).
Thanks. I've been considering the T90 for classical. Wonder how they would compare to the 500 avec les pads de jerg :)
strongest and best with electronic.
so trance, dubstep, drum and bass, techno, house, electro, dance, hardcore, hardstyle, trap, ambient, chillout, psy, etc.....
You're gonna end up keeping it aren't you
+1...word to the mothership
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and hear those dynamics come alive!
Btw, was listening to Bach Toccata and Fugue on the Chesky Binaural album the other evening. There's something to be said for a headphone that feels like it can recreate those low organ notes adequately with some scale to do it justice. I got goosebumps listening to the music!
Edited by daerron - 9/26/13 at 9:50am
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and watch those dynamics come alive!
Solid agreement. The sound of HE-500 at that price is untouchable, even for classical. The positioning of that sound however...that's another story. Although you still get decent width wiggle room.
SR-007, I haven't had the chance to try but SR-009 driven by a BH, I did listen quite a bit at the recent CA meet. IMO, HE500 has no chance in this fight but it's not a fair comparison in this case, of course. I still drool every time I remember the sound of that wicked combo.
Oh wait... If i am not mistaken i saw a sr007 on sale inthe classifieds not so long ago....ru interested to buy it? Mmmmmm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/26/13 at 11:12am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Auralic Gemini 19 seconds ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 28 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 31 seconds ago
- › Should I buy the DT990 or HE-400? 37 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)