I'm closing in on this thread again! Been away for a week comes back and.. 30 pages to read and more coming!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 547
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Classical is lovely with velour pads / J$ beyer pads / jergpads. Vocals / rock I prefer more with pleathers / jergpads (the lower mids just sound too thin for my tastes with velour pads especially, and J$s are kinda in-between).
Thanks. I've been considering the T90 for classical. Wonder how they would compare to the 500 avec les pads de jerg :)
strongest and best with electronic.
so trance, dubstep, drum and bass, techno, house, electro, dance, hardcore, hardstyle, trap, ambient, chillout, psy, etc.....
You're gonna end up keeping it aren't you
+1...word to the mothership
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and hear those dynamics come alive!
Btw, was listening to Bach Toccata and Fugue on the Chesky Binaural album the other evening. There's something to be said for a headphone that feels like it can recreate those low organ notes adequately with some scale to do it justice. I got goosebumps listening to the music!
Edited by daerron - 9/26/13 at 9:50am
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and watch those dynamics come alive!
Solid agreement. The sound of HE-500 at that price is untouchable, even for classical. The positioning of that sound however...that's another story. Although you still get decent width wiggle room.
SR-007, I haven't had the chance to try but SR-009 driven by a BH, I did listen quite a bit at the recent CA meet. IMO, HE500 has no chance in this fight but it's not a fair comparison in this case, of course. I still drool every time I remember the sound of that wicked combo.
Oh wait... If i am not mistaken i saw a sr007 on sale inthe classifieds not so long ago....ru interested to buy it? Mmmmmm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/26/13 at 11:12am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 7 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 14 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 45 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 48 seconds ago
- › M2Tech Marley 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › taylor swift? 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)