I'm closing in on this thread again! Been away for a week comes back and.. 30 pages to read and more coming!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 547post #8191 of 134179/26/13 at 3:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8192 of 134179/26/13 at 9:09ampost #8193 of 134179/26/13 at 9:16ampost #8194 of 134179/26/13 at 9:16amQuote:
Classical is lovely with velour pads / J$ beyer pads / jergpads. Vocals / rock I prefer more with pleathers / jergpads (the lower mids just sound too thin for my tastes with velour pads especially, and J$s are kinda in-between).post #8195 of 134179/26/13 at 9:22amQuote:
Thanks. I've been considering the T90 for classical. Wonder how they would compare to the 500 avec les pads de jerg :)post #8196 of 134179/26/13 at 9:27ampost #8197 of 134179/26/13 at 9:28amQuote:
strongest and best with electronic.
so trance, dubstep, drum and bass, techno, house, electro, dance, hardcore, hardstyle, trap, ambient, chillout, psy, etc.....post #8198 of 134179/26/13 at 9:45amQuote:
You're gonna end up keeping it aren't youpost #8199 of 134179/26/13 at 9:46amQuote:
+1...word to the mothershippost #8200 of 134179/26/13 at 9:46am
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and hear those dynamics come alive!
Btw, was listening to Bach Toccata and Fugue on the Chesky Binaural album the other evening. There's something to be said for a headphone that feels like it can recreate those low organ notes adequately with some scale to do it justice. I got goosebumps listening to the music!
Edited by daerron - 9/26/13 at 9:50ampost #8201 of 134179/26/13 at 9:48amQuote:Originally Posted by daerron
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and watch those dynamics come alive!
Solid agreement. The sound of HE-500 at that price is untouchable, even for classical. The positioning of that sound however...that's another story. Although you still get decent width wiggle room.post #8202 of 134179/26/13 at 9:58ampost #8203 of 134179/26/13 at 10:15ampost #8204 of 134179/26/13 at 10:59amQuote:
SR-007, I haven't had the chance to try but SR-009 driven by a BH, I did listen quite a bit at the recent CA meet. IMO, HE500 has no chance in this fight but it's not a fair comparison in this case, of course. I still drool every time I remember the sound of that wicked combo.post #8205 of 134179/26/13 at 11:04amQuote:I dont think thats a fair comparision... A better comparision would be between he6 and sr007..dont u think so?
Oh wait... If i am not mistaken i saw a sr007 on sale inthe classifieds not so long ago....ru interested to buy it? Mmmmmm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/26/13 at 11:12am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 46 seconds ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 48 seconds ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › Need recommendation for in-ears to use with LG G2 phone 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 8 minutes ago
- › sox resampler with foobar 2000 - settings 9 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 9 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 9 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob