or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 541

post #8101 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

he-500/ he-6 still best for electronic imo

 

btw have u placed order for gsx mk2 yet?

 

the LSD-3 literally became a DMT-4 with it :tongue_smile:

 

No GS-X yet. Still waiting to try out some Stax. I'm quite interested in a few models, minus SR-009 due to budget. If I end up liking one of those Stax, I'll probably get a Stax rig and pick up a BHA-1 for LCD-3 and D2000 (and/or TH-900). 

 

Hifiman is still up for toss. I do want one again, but I will wait until their updated lineup. Also, if I go HE-6, then that's speaker amp all the way.

 

LOL ur sig's all sober and manly now.

post #8102 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

No GS-X yet. Still waiting to try out some Stax. I'm quite interested in a few models, minus SR-009 due to budget. If I end up liking one of those Stax, I'll probably get a Stax rig and pick up a BHA-1 for LCD-3 and D2000 (and/or TH-900). 

 

Hifiman is still up for toss. I do want one again, but I will wait until their updated lineup. Also, if I go HE-6, then that's speaker amp all the way.

 

LOL ur sig's all sober and manly now.

 

i'd go for soloist over BHA-1.

 

and yeah my sig is normal now lol

post #8103 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

i'd go for soloist over BHA-1.

 

 

 

Shots fired, shots fired! 

 

Interesting statement here. I was never too fond of the BHA-1 myself, but it does get a good chunk of praise around parts. 

post #8104 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

Shots fired, shots fired! 

 

Interesting statement here. I was never too fond of the BHA-1 myself, but it does get a good chunk of praise around parts. 

 

it might be decent, but i've heard mixed things about it. (cold/lifeless/analytical). 
post #8105 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

i'd go for soloist over BHA-1.

 

and yeah my sig is normal now lol

 

I'm also curious about the Soloist, although I think that the clicking stepped noise would annoy me. The place that's supposed to start carrying Stax already carries Burson. So will be an interesting audition.

 
Back to Dubstep Girl from Wubstep Girl I see :)
post #8106 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

 

It's been only 1 revision for HE500 I think. Although there has been a cosmetic change at some point (older HE500s had a different, more "matte" paintjob than the newer HE500s which are very glossy).

 

cool, thanks jerg

post #8107 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

it might be decent, but i've heard mixed things about it. (cold/lifeless/analytical). 

 

Wait, have you heard the BHA-1 or just based on what others have said about it?

post #8108 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

Wait, have you heard the BHA-1 or just based on what others have said about it?

 

opinions, at least 2-3 people have said that, and some have compared it to burson and wa6-se. i think it'd be good for audeze but for other headphones, maybe not so much.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

I'm also curious about the Soloist, although I think that the clicking stepped noise would annoy me. The place that's supposed to start carrying Stax already carries Burson. So will be an interesting audition.

 
Back to Dubstep Girl from Wubstep Girl I see :)

:tongue_smile:

post #8109 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

opinions, at least 2-3 people have said that, and some have compared it to burson and wa6-se. i think it'd be good for audeze but for other headphones, maybe not so much.

 

:tongue_smile:

 

I actually really, really enjoyed the D2000 single ended out of the BHA-1. Easily the best I've heard them so far. The LCD-3 balanced from BDA-2 was quite good as well, although I wanted a bit more....but then again it was a bit noisy, so not completely fair.

post #8110 of 18021

u need to hear TH-900 still, its a game changer in the world of basshead headphones imo.

post #8111 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

u need to hear TH-900 still, its a game changer in the world of basshead headphones imo.

 

btw have u tried the TH-600s?

post #8112 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

btw have u tried the TH-600s?

 

no
post #8113 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

Shots fired, shots fired! 

 

Interesting statement here. I was never too fond of the BHA-1 myself, but it does get a good chunk of praise around parts. 

 

it might be decent, but i've heard mixed things about it. (cold/lifeless/analytical). 

 

First time i heard it was in direct comparison to the Mjolnir. I definitely would have picked the Mjolnir over it. I don't know if I'd pick the soloist over it though. That's kind of a tough call. They both have their own flaws. 

post #8114 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheuh View Post
 

 

I'm curious... what headphones do you like better for EDM?

 

I haven't tried anything as high end as my HE500s in the headphone category so I cant comment, sorry. I can really hear and feel the "ortho bass" as they call it but I feel like the bass is a bit too light for EDM although I use it for EDM everyday. I will live with it until I can afford a more higher end headphone such as the TH900 or LCD3. Don't get me wrong, the HE500s are amazing.

post #8115 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

u need to hear TH-900 still, its a game changer in the world of basshead headphones imo.

 

Ive heard that TH-900 sound very bright & screamy, to the point were its very uncomfertable. 
It might be because of the amp selection, but do you agree? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .