Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 527

post #7891 of 14586

yeah, not sure if i want to do that though

 

especially cause i might want T1, LCD-3, and TH-900 around. i guess i kinda want to keep all my headphones.

 

also gonna get an RS1i again soon. but thinking about, since T1 and LCD-3 already do rock/metal so well.

post #7892 of 14586

So he's my question [assumeing I don't have any issues with the treble] how does the HE 500 and HE 5LE compare to the T90? 

post #7893 of 14586
^ curious about this too.

Also He-6 biggrin.gif
post #7894 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

So he's my question [assumeing I don't have any issues with the treble] how does the HE 500 and HE 5LE compare to the T90? 

 

Having gone from the HE500 to the T90. 

 
IMO: The T90 has much more treble and detail retrieval.
 
I Truly believe that the T90 is a superior headphone, but less forgiving than the HE500s. If something is poorly recorded you are going to hear it.   

 

 

I would love OP's Thoughts on the T90's. EDIT: I would love to see them ranked in the massive headphone thread.  


Edited by Flognuts - 9/17/13 at 7:07am
post #7895 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flognuts View Post
 

 

Having gone from the HE500 to the T90. 

 
IMO: The T90 has much more treble and detail retrieval.
 
I Truly believe that the T90 is a superior headphone, but less forgiving than the HE500s. If something is poorly recorded you are going to hear it.   

 

 

I would love OP's Thoughts on the T90's. 

 

Yea I figured this much as well, the HE 500 apprently has thicker mids and a more laid back presenatation, and for people who are treble sensitve [which I'm not thankfully] I think the T90 would be the option for me

 
Still I wonder how the HE 5LE compares 
post #7896 of 14586
With all those newish headphones (t90/ new mad dog alpha etc) coming out since last year kicking at the heels of the wonderfull he500..i am wondering what hifiman is waiting for to kick their asses and make them weep and let them crawl back into their corners again.. Come on mr. Chang..show us what ur made of..just as u did when u came out with ur he500 once..loooong time ago.. biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/17/13 at 7:10am
post #7897 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flognuts View Post
 

 

Having gone from the HE500 to the T90. 

 
IMO: The T90 has much more treble and detail retrieval.
 
I Truly believe that the T90 is a superior headphone, but less forgiving than the HE500s. If something is poorly recorded you are going to hear it.   

 

 

I would love OP's Thoughts on the T90's. EDIT: I would love to see them ranked in the massive headphone thread.  

 

Hows the bass and sound staging on the T90?

post #7898 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrolller View Post
 

 

Hows the bass and sound staging on the T90?

 

Bass is good, but not as good as the HE-500. The sound stage though is on a completely different level, way wider and more 3D.

post #7899 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flognuts View Post
 

 

Bass is good, but not as good as the HE-500. The sound stage though is on a completely different level, way wider and more 3D.

 

Wow... So pretty much, the T90 beats the HE500 in every way besides the lower regions?

post #7900 of 14586
Everything thats been said about t90, same applies to beyer t1.

its better than HE-5le and He-500 except in bass impact and tightness, as well as transparency, seems like hifiman has blacker background and smoother with no grain, though T1 is more resolving and detailed.

The he-500 is very milky sounding, the smoothness comes at a cost, theres a sort of veil, not really a veil but a sort of thickness which seems to smoothen out the sound but also the mids and treble feel like theyre lacking resolving ability, its kinda weird. The he-6 doesnt have this, though the nice smoothness remains with pleathers.

The he-5le has weird treble, the t1 has cleaner treble, thought it is brighter but less weird buzzy raspy sounding. He-5le has nice bass though

I love the beyer bass though the hifimans have nice bass especially for electronic music
post #7901 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

Everything thats been said about t90, same applies to beyer t1.

its better than HE-5le and He-500 except in bass impact and tightness, as well as transparency, seems like hifiman has blacker background and smoother with no grain, though T1 is more resolving and detailed.

The he-500 is very milky sounding, the smoothness comes at a cost, theres a sort of veil, not really a veil but a sort of thickness which seems to smoothen out the sound but also the mids and treble feel like theyre lacking resolving ability, its kinda weird. The he-6 doesnt have this, though the nice smoothness remains with pleathers.

The he-5le has weird treble, the t1 has cleaner treble, thought it is brighter but less weird buzzy raspy sounding. He-5le has nice bass though

I love the beyer bass though the hifimans have nice bass especially for electronic music

 

Hmm... Would love to here both the T90 and T1 but I dont think they would do well for EDM

post #7902 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrolller View Post
 

 

Wow... So pretty much, the T90 beats the HE500 in every way besides the lower regions?

 

Yep :)

 

I think Dubstep girl nailed how I think the HE-500's sound, vs the beyer sound :) 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

Everything thats been said about t90, same applies to beyer t1.

its better than HE-5le and He-500 except in bass impact and tightness, as well as transparency, seems like hifiman has blacker background and smoother with no grain, though T1 is more resolving and detailed.

The he-500 is very milky sounding, the smoothness comes at a cost, theres a sort of veil, not really a veil but a sort of thickness which seems to smoothen out the sound but also the mids and treble feel like theyre lacking resolving ability, its kinda weird. The he-6 doesnt have this, though the nice smoothness remains with pleathers.

The he-5le has weird treble, the t1 has cleaner treble, thought it is brighter but less weird buzzy raspy sounding. He-5le has nice bass though

I love the beyer bass though the hifimans have nice bass especially for electronic music

 

Great write up, I think your spot on with the HE-500 description. 

post #7903 of 14586
T90 for me it is then ( it will replace my 880) as im getin a he 400 to replace my dt 990 (which is my main edm can) that is ofc till hifiman release something epic biggrin.gif
post #7904 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

+1

 
when i decide to get STAX, i will for sure get either BH or KGSSHV

The BH and 09 combo was the only one that had my draw drop all the way to the floor :p at the recent CA meet.  The source was analog (reel tape player).  Damn it was something else.  It was so good that I came back like twice just to listen and imprint the SQ in my brain.

post #7905 of 14586

I disagree that T1 beats HE-500 in everything, but bass. That's not true at all IMO. Firstly, look at the measurements for both - objectively, HE-500 is actually the better headphone. T1 has very apparent ringing, while HE-500 is much cleaner. Whether that's audible or not, is a different question, but the fact is that HE-500 measures cleaner than T1. Secondly, I think that HE-500 can easily match, if not surpass T1 in clarity, tonality, transient response, resolution and almost everything else actually, except for soundstage dimensionality and maybe imaging. I love the sound of both, but I do think T1 is overpriced compared to HE-500, as it's not better overall and yet costs significantly more.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .