Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 526

post #7876 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


And sometimes they do biggrin.gif

of course, they do.  :p

post #7877 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

and some flacs not being lossless.. 

 

thats why i always use adobe audition or some other frequency graph program to check to make sure lossless files are legit. annoying but i typically check about 1 or 2 songs per album i add to my library

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

I get music from some Russian sites that can help track you material ;)

 

+1 
post #7878 of 14265
Hi there again. In the future I would be looking to upgrade my schiit lyr with a bifrost DAC as I can only afford the modi atm. When it comes to buying the bifrost, is the uber upgrade really worth it? Also would it be best to buy the bifrost with the uber upgrade already installed as it costs less than sending it back in the future?

Cheers
Pumelman8
post #7879 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumelman8 View Post

Hi there again. In the future I would be looking to upgrade my schiit lyr with a bifrost DAC as I can only afford the modi atm. When it comes to buying the bifrost, is the uber upgrade really worth it? Also would it be best to buy the bifrost with the uber upgrade already installed as it costs less than sending it back in the future?

Cheers
Pumelman8

 

 

I have never heard the BiFrost without the Uber Analog upgrade, nor without the USB 2.0 upgrade.  ordered it that way from Day 1.

one less step / hassle to future proofing was my rational.

 

yet from the AudiopiliacMan tweet a few days back:

"

Steve Guttenberg @AudiophiliacMan
Installed Uber Analog board & USB card upgrades on my #Schiit Bifrost DAC, first impressions are improved transparency, I report more soon.

"

post #7880 of 14265

Oh right. Guess people here are just playing with me with their passive aggression and sarcasm... Thank you guys haha.

post #7881 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrolller View Post
 

Oh right. Guess people here are just playing with me with their passive aggression and sarcasm... Thank you guys haha.

highroller, I don't think it's the case here but indeed there are a lot of info you could just have researched or googled.  It would take a few seconds each.  People are always here to help but when seeing very basic questions that you could answer yourself keep coming up, people would think you are pulling their legs too.  Remember that communication goes both ways.

post #7882 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

highroller, I don't think it's the case here but indeed there are a lot of info you could just have researched or googled.  It would take a few seconds each.  People are always here to help but when seeing very basic questions that you could answer yourself keep coming up, people would think you are pulling their legs too.  Remember that communication goes both ways.
Yep yep..deep deep deep (and for some reeeaaaaly deep..lolz) inside we all are fluffy sweet pussycats.. So if u cant find a thing urself on the net..ask us..the black belts as u called us..hehehe...

well i took some friendly beating sometimes also ....so dont feel bad about certain things some of us say..hehehehe

and pls..dont talk about a certain 3 numbered amp...as that is like a red flag for some here.. biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/16/13 at 5:07pm
post #7883 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

highroller, I don't think it's the case here but indeed there are a lot of info you could just have researched or googled.  It would take a few seconds each.  People are always here to help but when seeing very basic questions that you could answer yourself keep coming up, people would think you are pulling their legs too.  Remember that communication goes both ways.

 

Yeah, I've figured that googling them first would be more appropriate. Thanks.

post #7884 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrolller View Post

Yeah, I've figured that googling them first would be more appropriate. Thanks.
And if u really need specific info about an amp or headphones...pm the person who in ur eyes knows a thing or two about that particular piece (check their profile what they own)..just a tip..sometimes thats easier to get a fast answer then posting it..just saying.. wink.gif
post #7885 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Yep yep..deep deep deep (and for some reeeaaaaly deep..lolz) inside we all are fluffy sweet pussycats.. So if u cant find a thing urself on the net..ask us..the black belts as u called us..hehehe...

well i took some friendly beating sometimes also ....so dont feel bad about certain things some of us say..hehehehe

and pls..dont talk about a certain 3 numbered amp...as that is like a red flag for some here.. biggrin.gif

Stop it.  I am going Stax pretty soon.  :D

post #7886 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

Stop it.  I am going Stax pretty soon.  biggrin.gif
Which one? Blue hawaii with a sr007 or 009? biggrin.gif
post #7887 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Which one? Blue hawaii with a sr007 or 009? biggrin.gif

 

When I am ready, there's only 1 combo. BH and 009.  I am thinking about getting a WEE and play around with mid level first to make sure I do like the sound before the big investment.

post #7888 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

When I am ready, there's only 1 combo. BH and 009.  I am thinking about getting a WEE and play around with mid level first to make sure I do like the sound before the big investment.
Good choice the 009....me myself am not willing to spend more then 10.000 on a headphone rig yet.
I read from a few people that the only real upgrade stax soundwise over a welldriven lcd3 or he6 is the sr009 with a very expensive amp...so for a premium price!!! And even then its the wellknown stax sound... Some prefer a more warmer headphone like a dynamic or ortho..just like people preferring dynamic speakers over electrostats... But i admit..when i have the chance i want to hear a 009 for a while..to hear if that is also my utimate phone...for some the lcd3 or he6 is all they dreamt of...no need for more... I know how good a he6 sounds..i had the chance to audition two in adequate configurations..and next year one will be connected to my new balanced amp thats totally built and designed around only one main concept...making a he6 sing...as next year i too will leave this thread and enter the he6 one.. biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/17/13 at 12:49am
post #7889 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

 

When I am ready, there's only 1 combo. BH and 009.  I am thinking about getting a WEE and play around with mid level first to make sure I do like the sound before the big investment.

 

+1

 
when i decide to get STAX, i will for sure get either BH or KGSSHV
post #7890 of 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

+1
 
when i decide to get STAX, i will for sure get either BH or KGSSHV
If u would sell all ur headphones and amps u would have enough budget to buy that. wink.gif

Quick question to u my dear lady..which headphone u prefer with the gs-x...ur new he6 (i know it doesnt have lots of burn in time) or ur lcd3? Just being curious as i get the idea we have the same kind of preferences in audio... wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/17/13 at 1:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .