Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 512

post #7666 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post
 

I have a question for those that own the HE-500. I'm strongly considering purchasing the HE-500 within the next few days. I want to know how well they pair up with my Magni/Modi stack. I read in a few places that they work pretty well together. Is this correct?

 

If budget is tight then that combo would be one of the best options but the HE500 would benefit tremendously from a bit more power.  The HE500 does scale very well with better amps later on.

post #7667 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

If budget is tight then that combo would be one of the best options but the HE500 would benefit tremendously from a bit more power.  The HE500 does scale very well with better amps later on.

Exactly,

I'm now using the Hifiman He-500 with Fiio E12, I've never experience this great combination before from the Chinese brand before tongue.gif
truly awesome.

Once I got extra money or in the retirement period, I am looking forward for the Japan (STAX-SR009) & USA (RSA Audio Dark Star) & UK (Toxic Cable) brand combination cool.gif
post #7668 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post


Once I got extra money or in the retirement period, I am looking forward for the Japan (STAX-SR009) & USA (RSA Audio Dark Star) & UK (Toxic Cable) brand combination cool.gif

strange combination...

post #7669 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

strange combination...

well, so far it is my dream combination based on the review and thread browse in this forum, at the moment I can only affords the Chinese made audiophile items which I use everyday and enjoy it (HE-500 and E12).
post #7670 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post


well, so far it is my dream combination based on the review and thread browse in this forum, at the moment I can only affords the Chinese made audiophile items which I use everyday and enjoy it (HE-500 and E12).

 

okay. but you know that stax sr-009 needs a diferent amplifier and is not possible to put an aftermarket cable?

post #7671 of 14885

^Lolz...

post #7672 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post
 

I have a question for those that own the HE-500. I'm strongly considering purchasing the HE-500 within the next few days. I want to know how well they pair up with my Magni/Modi stack. I read in a few places that they work pretty well together. Is this correct?

 

It's a great setup and they have great support to go along with their products.

post #7673 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post
 

I have a question for those that own the HE-500. I'm strongly considering purchasing the HE-500 within the next few days. I want to know how well they pair up with my Magni/Modi stack. I read in a few places that they work pretty well together. Is this correct?

 

I have that combo and love it. I don't see why you would need anymore power than this set up. maybe if you have a lot of money it might sound better with higher end stuff but I think it sounds great and has plenty of power.

 

AppleMark

post #7674 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post


well, so far it is my dream combination based on the review and thread browse in this forum, at the moment I can only affords the Chinese made audiophile items which I use everyday and enjoy it (HE-500 and E12).

 

 

You definitely been reading a lot of wrong reviews.. Please don't be like me, reading reviews on the trade forum sections

post #7675 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

okay. but you know that stax sr-009 needs a diferent amplifier and is not possible to put an aftermarket cable?

Holy moly :-o ... well I guess you are right man...
it is not within my reach yet to have the Electrostatic can yet :-/

which mean I cannot use STAX can on the go / mobile while on the train (-_0)"
post #7676 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinharis View Post


You definitely been reading a lot of wrong reviews.. Please don't be like me, reading reviews on the trade forum sections

LOL yes man, so far I've decided all of my audiophile hardware based on the head-Fi thread and also Amazon.com review.
Luckily all of my purchase were absolutely amazing and eye opening for me.
post #7677 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post


Holy moly :-o ... well I guess you are right man...
it is not within my reach yet to have the Electrostatic can yet :-/

which mean I cannot use STAX can on the go / mobile while on the train (-_0)"

 

why not? whit a suitcase and a current generator

:tongue:

post #7678 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post
 

 

why not? whit a suitcase and a current generator

:tongue:

 

You got a chuckle out of me with that one 

:tongue_smile:

post #7679 of 14885
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

why not? whit a suitcase and a current generator
tongue.gif
Mercy friend lol😄
post #7680 of 14885
Hi guys, for my he 500 should I go for the Audio gd compass 2 or should I save the extra money for the schiit modi and lyr? Is there a clear difference in sound quality between the 2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .