Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 497

post #7441 of 14586

It might be an electrostat that still uses the same old Hifiman headband/cups, just with yet another paint-job (dark chocolate?). Hifiman loves their rustic tried-and-true headband/cup assembly.

post #7442 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

It might be an electrostat that still uses the same old Hifiman headband/cups, just with yet another paint-job (dark chocolate?). Hifiman loves their rustic tried-and-true headband/cup assembly.

God, I hope you're right. Count me in if that's the case. I am looking for that 400 sound and can't lay my hands on 007 mk1.

post #7443 of 14586

Let's say I were to venture and get the HE-500 down the line... would my equipment be sufficient enough? I have the iFi iCAN on my desk and the Matrix M-Stage on my gaming setup.

 

Also, how does the signature compare to the MrSpeakers Mad Dogs? Anyone here compared the two?

 

And one last inquiry, please. Soundstage... I like me some space and air when gaming. I know it won't be AKG god tier like but just how open do these sound?

 

Thanks!

post #7444 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Let's say I were to venture and get the HE-500 down the line... would my equipment be sufficient enough? I have the iFi iCAN on my desk and the Matrix M-Stage on my gaming setup.

Also, how does the signature compare to the MrSpeakers Mad Dogs? Anyone here compared the two?

And one last inquiry, please. Soundstage... I like me some space and air when gaming. I know it won't be AKG god tier like but just how open do these sound?

Thanks!

the mad dogs are similar but a fair bit warmer. IMO the HE500s are better than the mad dogs in most things across the board. But the sound stage to me is similar and comparable with my GR07 BE which is acceptable but not all that great. My AD700s gave better sound stage
Edited by spurxiii - 9/2/13 at 12:55am
post #7445 of 14586

i liked the maddogs, and they're a huge bargain at their price, but they still don't compare with HE-500 and LCD-3, they have a veil to them of sorts that makes it obvious its modded to sound alot better but still is limited by the driver's own limitations. i wonder how the alpha dogs will compare, i bet those will be alot better.

post #7446 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i liked the maddogs, and they're a huge bargain at their price, but they still don't compare with HE-500 and LCD-3, they have a veil to them of sorts that makes it obvious its modded to sound alot better but still is limited by the driver's own limitations. i wonder how the alpha dogs will compare, i bet those will be alot better.

Yes, the Alpha Dogs are going to give the HE-500 a run for its money. popcorn.gif

post #7447 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Yes, the Alpha Dogs are going to give the HE-500 a run for its money. popcorn.gif

 

i have a feeling that they're gonna be very close to HE-500 and LCD-2, not as resolving, but very close, and will be much more impressive since its a closed headphone , and then theres that closed back audeze thats supposed to come out.

post #7448 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Yes, the Alpha Dogs are going to give the HE-500 a run for its money. popcorn.gif
Maybe..but they are the same price now at 699usd... Maybe the alpha dog is the reason why hifiman now all of a sudden decides to come out with new model to counter attack it? Who knows...wejust have to wait and see biggrin.gif
post #7449 of 14586

alpha $600

post #7450 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinhimura View Post

alpha $600
Oh okay..smart pricing! biggrin.gif
post #7451 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

i heard a rumor they are working on a 'take no prisoners' top model being all electrostatic like the stax'es...called the JADE 2..i personally i dont like that idea..as that means i have to buy a completely new amp then and i dont even have my new amp yet!!! Ouch!!

Sounds pretty darn good to me tongue_smile.gif

post #7452 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Let's say I were to venture and get the HE-500 down the line... would my equipment be sufficient enough? I have the iFi iCAN on my desk and the Matrix M-Stage on my gaming setup.

 

Also, how does the signature compare to the MrSpeakers Mad Dogs? Anyone here compared the two?

 

And one last inquiry, please. Soundstage... I like me some space and air when gaming. I know it won't be AKG god tier like but just how open do these sound?

 

Thanks!

The iCan is pretty decent for the HE-500, very dynamic sounding, yet lacking that feeling of absolute control you get from good (over)powered amps. And the bass doesn't hit that hard...

post #7453 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Let's say I were to venture and get the HE-500 down the line... would my equipment be sufficient enough? I have the iFi iCAN on my desk and the Matrix M-Stage on my gaming setup.

Also, how does the signature compare to the MrSpeakers Mad Dogs? Anyone here compared the two?

And one last inquiry, please. Soundstage... I like me some space and air when gaming. I know it won't be AKG god tier like but just how open do these sound?

Thanks!
I had a first series (without cooling holes) mstage (opa627 class a modded) driving the he500 perfectly with gain on 10db... Its one heck of a amp for the money as is actually a clone of a 1000usd plus german made headphone amp. And many consider this little gem sounding better then most amps in its price range.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/2/13 at 9:08am
post #7454 of 14586

For people that have both HE-6 and HE-500, which one do you find is a better all rounder and works well with most genres? When I had the LCD-2 and HE-500, I found the Hifiman to be the better all rounder. Although now I find that the LCD-3 is a better all-rounder over the HE-500. Only in stuff where you need a lot of air or width (soundstage wise), can the HE-500 be better. Otherwise, the LCD-3 flat out beats it. Where does the HE-6 fit in this?

post #7455 of 14586

The He-6 or any other flagship minus the Ps1k works with every genre really - just not as good at certain genres compare to other. 

 

If you want something different from the Lcd3, why not get a hd800 (or Staxes)?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .