or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 486

post #7276 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

no luck,nobody carries the Intruder here in LOS.....I will ask the guy at Jet Audio,he seems pretty much in the know

good luck :)

post #7277 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I don't think there are may pocket amps that really kick out the juice, mostly because the design brief for a pocket amp has two things in mind - portable headphones (usually efficient closed-backs) and battery life. 

I think one of the more powerful pocket amps is the FiiO Mont Blanc, but I've never auditioned it, and doubt many here would recommend a pocket amp for the HE-500.

 

Still I'm interested to hear if anyone else has a good idea.

I've used my E12 to drive the HE-500's when I'm travelling and it actually does a pretty decent job. I prefer the E12 over the built in amp in the D100 MkII, plus the bass boost feature is actually pretty decent.

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

post #7278 of 18029

That Viablue splitter looks pretty nice bigsmile_face.gif

post #7279 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

I should mention that any amp/DAC needs to be Android compatible

Check out the upcoming CEntrance HiFi-M8.
Balanced output capable,
and in other threads a couple earlier users have tried Android I believe.
Apple IOS users chomping at the bit for 24/96 capabilities.
post #7280 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjapirate9901 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I don't think there are may pocket amps that really kick out the juice, mostly because the design brief for a pocket amp has two things in mind - portable headphones (usually efficient closed-backs) and battery life. 

I think one of the more powerful pocket amps is the FiiO Mont Blanc, but I've never auditioned it, and doubt many here would recommend a pocket amp for the HE-500.

 

Still I'm interested to hear if anyone else has a good idea.

I've used my E12 to drive the HE-500's when I'm travelling and it actually does a pretty decent job. I prefer the E12 over the built in amp in the D100 MkII, plus the bass boost feature is actually pretty decent.

Only way to know if it works well is to hear it.  

Fortunately we don't hear 'numbers'.

post #7281 of 18029
My iBasso PB2 drives the HE500s better than my desktop setup before I used the speaker taps from the speaker amps. I'm using the mad dogs now for my portable and they have similar power requirements to the HE500s. I think the PB2s put out a maximum claimed 2.5w but I'm not sure at what impedance
post #7282 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post


Check out the upcoming CEntrance HiFi-M8.
Balanced output capable,
and in other threads a couple earlier users have tried Android I believe.
Apple IOS users chomping at the bit for 24/96 capabilities.

Thanks for the heads up Jexby...Jaben Thailand is advertising it on their site as "coming soon"
Any idea on release date?

post #7283 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen0ne View Post

Just curious when you guys listen to music with the HE-500 or any other headphones do you guys have the volume on very high or you don't have the volume high but not too low also?

 

Its one of the reasons I like the Emotiva amp is that it retains it volume evenly when you lower the volume so you can listen to the headphone at softer levels. I've never experienced more intense tinnitus with the HE-500, I think its sound signature is a little darker than most headphones. I had some issues with that on the Grado RS1i and there I was quite careful with the volume control until I eventually sold them. The guy who bought them from me, cranked my Lehmann Black Cube Linear up to 2 o'clock on the volume and declared that was satisfied with the sound and loudness. I had to stop my jaw from hitting the floor that somebody could listen to headphones at those volumes. I don't think I've ever taken the volume knob past 10 o'clock with the Grados on that particular amp finding it too loud for my taste.

post #7284 of 18029
The rsa darkstar is strong enough to even drive the he6 i understand.
post #7285 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

Thanks for the heads up Jexby...Jaben Thailand is advertising it on their site as "coming soon"
Any idea on release date?

 

within the USA, I think CEntrance is starting to ship out the "LX" model of HiFi-M8 now/early September.

the USB/iDevice model is being prepped to clear pre-orders in September, into early October.

 

more info can be gleaned from:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622939/the-centrance-hifi-m8-thread/

and

http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/

 

looks like an amazing device and early folks reporting some really good audio quality inside!

post #7286 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen0ne View Post

Just curious when you guys listen to music with the HE-500 or any other headphones do you guys have the volume on very high or you don't have the volume high but not too low also?
FWIW, I try to achieve the lowest level where I satisfied with the detail and its fun as well. I find I get this at the 10:30-11 position of the volume knob
post #7287 of 18029

okay,at the risk of exposing my noob-ness...

since I own both an Ipod touch AND a Galaxy S3,the latter being the one Id use the most,would I need 2 different models?And which model is intended for the Droid users...?Ive been reading the threads and some of the tech speak is a bit above my paygrade 

post #7288 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

FWIW, I try to achieve the lowest level where I satisfied with the detail and its fun as well. I find I get this at the 10:30-11 position of the volume knob
+1 i agree..on my 337 i used to have the volume around 10ish also to have best listening experience on my he500.
post #7289 of 18029

I also find, volume wise, the Emotiva to be between 9:30 and 10:30 on the volume dial.

post #7290 of 18029

MOAR BASS!! These headphones would be perfect with just a bit more, and a little less mid sparkle. I'll have to try the sub bass mod later.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .