or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 485

post #7261 of 18086

And the ultimate sadness and dispair when you fail...

post #7262 of 18086

Nooooo don't feel like that, there's always someone will help you to solve the problem such as this forum wink.gif

post #7263 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickodj View Post

Nooooo don't feel like that, there's always someone will help you to solve the problem such as this forum wink.gif

 

Yup. Here are my thoughts on head-fi considering my wallet and time spent here:

 

http://youtu.be/ERR5Sdm7mA8?t=1s

post #7264 of 18086

Just curious when you guys listen to music with the HE-500 or any other headphones do you guys have the volume on very high or you don't have the volume high but not too low also?

post #7265 of 18086

Um I think I keep the volume at a fairly safe level.  I already have permanent tinnitus and don't want to make it worse.  However, I know my ex-gf always thought I listened loud.  She would always turn it down.  But then when a colleague and fellow head-fi enthusiast came by recently he cranked up the volume way, way, way louder than I would be able to tolerate.  

 

Everything's relative.  I guess you need to measure it to get an idea of how loud you're listening.

post #7266 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen0ne View Post

Just curious when you guys listen to music with the HE-500 or any other headphones do you guys have the volume on very high or you don't have the volume high but not too low also?

I usually listen at quite low to moderate volumes, but for some reason the HE-500s just sing so much better than most other headphones at higher volumes, so it's very tempting to crank them up. 

post #7267 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I usually listen at quite low to moderate volumes, but for some reason the HE-500s just sing so much better than most other headphones at higher volumes, so it's very tempting to crank them up. 

x2 on that for HE-6. It's the only headphone that makes me want to turn it up without cringing.

post #7268 of 18086

Is the Sony PHA-1 amp enough for the HE500?
Demo'd the 500 next to a Sennheiser 600 today thru the PHA-1 and the difference in volume was massive,like not even close....is it a bad phone/DAC combo...or is the 500 just much more hungry than the 600?

post #7269 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

Is the Sony PHA-1 amp enough for the HE500?
Demo'd the 500 next to a Sennheiser 600 today thru the PHA-1 and the difference in volume was massive,like not even close....is it a bad phone/DAC combo...or is the 500 just much more hungry than the 600?

Going by the specs on the Sony website, it's quite a weak amp, and I wouldn't use it for any planar magnetic headphones.

Not weak in that it can't amp anything properly, but it doesn't pump out much wattage, which is what planars seem to like a lot of.

post #7270 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

Going by the specs on the Sony website, it's quite a weak amp, and I wouldn't use it for any planar magnetic headphones.

Is there a pocket amp you can recommend that would make the HE500 really shine?Im about to plunk down $$$ and am leaning towards the 600+PHA-1 combo and I dont wanna be kicking myself in the a** in a couple months for skipping the 500

post #7271 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

Is there a pocket amp you can recommend that would make the HE500 really shine?Im about to plunk down $$$ and am leaning towards the 600+PHA-1 combo and I dont wanna be kicking myself in the a** in a couple months for skipping the 500

I should mention that any amp/DAC needs to be Android compatible

post #7272 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

Going by the specs on the Sony website, it's quite a weak amp, and I wouldn't use it for any planar magnetic headphones.

Is there a pocket amp you can recommend that would make the HE500 really shine?Im about to plunk down $$$ and am leaning towards the 600+PHA-1 combo and I dont wanna be kicking myself in the a** in a couple months for skipping the 500

I don't think there are may pocket amps that really kick out the juice, mostly because the design brief for a pocket amp has two things in mind - portable headphones (usually efficient closed-backs) and battery life. 

I think one of the more powerful pocket amps is the FiiO Mont Blanc, but I've never auditioned it, and doubt many here would recommend a pocket amp for the HE-500.

 

Still I'm interested to hear if anyone else has a good idea.

post #7273 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

I should mention that any amp/DAC needs to be Android compatible

I'd look at "The Intruder" by RSA for $700. Reviews and impressions are here.


Edited by brunk - 8/23/13 at 5:31am
post #7274 of 18086
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

I'd look at "The Intruder" by RSA for $700. Reviews and impressions are here.

thanks!Will check out that thread...hopefully I can demo that amp here in Thailand 

post #7275 of 18086

no luck,nobody carries the Intruder here in LOS.....I will ask the guy at Jet Audio,he seems pretty much in the know

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .