Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 480

post #7186 of 15198

Does anyone here have the HE-6 balanced cable? I'm wondering if it's as stiff and prone to microphonics as the HE-500 stock cable...

post #7187 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post

Does anyone here have the HE-6 balanced cable? I'm wondering if it's as stiff and prone to microphonics as the HE-500 stock cable...

when i had the he-6, i´ve always listened the he-500 with this cable.

the cable is flexible and no microphonic but really short.

another question: when i listened, with my beta, the he-500 with the balanced he-6 cable, totally silence without music.

now i have my he-500 haqrwired with the norseaudio norn and without music i listen some noises

if you want, we speak in português through pm


Edited by alota - 8/17/13 at 8:05am
post #7188 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen0ne View Post

 

 

I knew that.  I was just testing you guys out to see if y'all could recognize the fake problem I created tongue_smile.gif  But seriously though, thanks bro!  I was wondering why the hell can't I get it on and I was about to go insane.

LOL, good to know we got it figured out.

post #7189 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post

Does anyone here have the HE-6 balanced cable? I'm wondering if it's as stiff and prone to microphonics as the HE-500 stock cable...

 

Yes I have the stock HE-6 cable - no microphonics issues. Very flexible.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

when i had the he-6, i´ve always listened the he-500 with this cable.

the cable is flexible and no microphonic but really short.

another question: when i listened, with my beta, the he-500 with the balanced he-6 cable, totally silence without music.

now i have my he-500 haqrwired with the norseaudio norn and without music i listen some noises

if you want, we speak in português through pm

 

Did you say you are hearing noise using the NorseAudio cable with no music turned on? Dirty USB signal or maybe break in solder points?

post #7190 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

when i had the he-6, i´ve always listened the he-500 with this cable.

the cable is flexible and no microphonic but really short.

another question: when i listened, with my beta, the he-500 with the balanced he-6 cable, totally silence without music.

now i have my he-500 haqrwired with the norseaudio norn and without music i listen some noises

if you want, we speak in português through pm

How were your audio chain with the HE-6 cable? How is your audio chain with the norse cable? Please explain in details, are there any differences in the chain?

post #7191 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

How were your audio chain with the HE-6 cable? How is your audio chain with the norse cable? Please explain in details, are there any differences in the chain?

the chain is the same. i used the norn with the jvc dx-1000 and with the he-500.

same problem: too much noise. probably is a strange incompatibility of this cable with my rig

post #7192 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post

the chain is the same. i used the norn with the jvc dx-1000 and with the he-500.
same problem: too much noise. probably is a strange incompatibility of this cable with my rig
Normally a cable should be noiseless when no sound goes through... Maybe u have bad (1/4 or 1/8) connector or bad/loosened soldering in ur phones to the cable??? Do uhear the noise on both channels?? Try the phone on a amp with balance control..or dual volume control to check that..

Pity u cant try other cables with ur he500 now to find out if it really is ur cable or ur he500.(it could be ur he500 has a faulty part since recently). But Thats the risk of having ur he500 hardwired!! redface.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 8/18/13 at 9:03am
post #7193 of 15198
Peter at DHC redid the stock 500 cable for me did away with all the annoying problems
post #7194 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Normally a cable should be noiseless when no sound goes through... Maybe u have bad (1/4 or 1/8) connector or bad/loosened soldering in ur phones to the cable??? Do uhear the noise on both channels?? Try the phone on a amp with balance control..or dual volume control to check that..

Pity u cant try other cables with ur he500 now to find out if it really is ur cable or ur he500.(it could be ur he500 has a faulty part since recently). But Thats the risk of having ur he500 hardwired!! redface.gif

i tried my he-500 with hifiman balanced cable: no noise.

when i had the norn in the dx-1000, i resolved the problema with 4 100 ohm resistors.

the problema is the cable in my rig.

in september arrives another he-6 for experiences

of course this situation is annoying. i spent some Money but experimentation is part of the game.

i will sell the he-500 to buy anotherdeadhorse.gif


Edited by alota - 8/18/13 at 12:08pm
post #7195 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna47 View Post

Peter at DHC redid the stock 500 cable for me did away with all the annoying problems

can you explain better, please?

post #7196 of 15198
Peter cut it to 6 ft added some dampening material and covered it with nylon I used same connectors, but you also can upgrade those
I am very happy with the results
post #7197 of 15198

I've seen a case or two of the HE-500 cable failing (one I am working on sleeving and reterminating one for a friend - he had a wire break inside the TRS plug strain relief and it caused noise and cutting out) so that could be the problem.

post #7198 of 15198

I think you guys are mixing things up(or maybe it's me). He said he's experiencing noise issues with his Norseaudio balanced cable, not the HE-500 stock cable.

post #7199 of 15198
I understand that just telling all who are interested in improving their cable a easy way
post #7200 of 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post

I think you guys are mixing things up(or maybe it's me). He said he's experiencing noise issues with his Norseaudio balanced cable, not the HE-500 stock cable.

My mistake, I think you are right...but I suspect it is a similar issue of it just needing repaired/re-terminated.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .