or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 413

post #6181 of 18028

Isn't there some sort of small wrench or other tool somewhere that could grip the nuts on the Hifiman cable so it's not so awkward with fingers to tighten them?

Hifiman should find one and ship it with the phones (and send it free to owners). 

I think this would solve the cable connector issues.

post #6182 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

Least expensive Audeze is LCD-2 Bamboo USD here in North America, plus taxes and shipping $995 (with no duty). 
Here in the netherlands its 1100 euro. U lucky basterds!!!! biggrin.gif but still..its 300usd ..with that money u can get a good cable wink.gif
post #6183 of 18028

Also, the stock balanced and singled ended audeze cable goes for $80. The cheapest Hifiman cable from Head-direct starts at $92. I would personally like them to make more sturdier cables rather than throw silver at us. Silver cables don't get anything done if they are built like ****...

post #6184 of 18028

Improvements on the follwing:

Stock cable

Finish on metallic parts

Comfortable earpads

Headphone size adjustment range (mine is currently on minimum size setting)

Headphone cable connector

post #6185 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Here in the netherlands its 1100 euro. U lucky basterds!!!! biggrin.gif but still..its 300usd ..with that money u can get a good cable wink.gif

 

Dude regardless of the price differences, the fact remains that the model retails for $699. I don't know how you can justify them making such a ****ty cable. It is the second worst cable I have used besides the one on Shure models. My Denon D2000 stock cable is a god compared to the stock cable on the HE-500. Like at the very least, they should drop some cheap sheathing. It's such an annoying plastic feel. 

 

If I were them, I would have come up with a better cable and if that dictates a pricier tag, so be it, but please don't release it with such a ****ty cable for $699. Even my KRK KNS 8400 at $150 has a far better cable connector and strength


Edited by Zoom25 - 7/11/13 at 10:50am
post #6186 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

If they don't change their design, do what I did. Get a good balanced cable and leave it on the HE-500 permanently. If you want to use it with single ended or speaker taps, then simply get the two adapters:

1) 4 pin XLR female to 3.5 mm (with a screw on 1/4")
2) 4 pin XLR female to banana plugs

...in case you already didn't know.

Regardless, I really hope they get rid of those connectors, always got unscrewed after a few days.
Thats a advice i gave also once to a newbie...get a adapter and only switch the cables off that adapter (xlr).. So u save the screwing on the phones itself..Good thinking by the way!!!
post #6187 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

Dude regardless of the price differences, the fact remains that the model retails for $699. I don't know how you can justify them making such a ****ty cable. It is the second worst cable I have used besides the one on Shure models. My Denon D2000 stock cable is a god compared to the stock cable on the HE-500. Like at the very least, they should drop some cheap sheathing. It's such an annoying plastic feel. 

If I were them, I would have come up with a better cable and if that dictates a pricier tag, so be it, but please don't release it with such a ****ty cable for $699. Even my KRK KNS 8400 at $150 has a far better cable connector and strength
I agree..i hate their cable also...but i think its all about marketing policy..keeping the price as low as possible and so cutting corners in certain areas they think is non essential or easily replaceble...but i agree..699 is still lots of cash...but we both know..it sounds better then 699..if he would be 999 i think peope would still buy it..even with the ****ty cable..imho.
post #6188 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

 

I don't even.......please tell me this is sarcasm.

I am with you here 100% but then some of us might have super hearing power eek.gif

 

Also, I believe that my HE500 just completed its breaking in stage if there's such a thing cuz the sound quality overall has opened up within the last few days.  But then, it could also be that the Emotiva has given the drivers enough massage to bring out the improvements.  Who knows. 

You don't believe in cable, but do believe in break-in?

post #6189 of 18028

popcorn.gif
 

post #6190 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs9200m View Post

Isn't there some sort of small wrench or other tool somewhere that could grip the nuts on the Hifiman cable so it's not so awkward with fingers to tighten them?

Hifiman should find one and ship it with the phones (and send it free to owners). 

I think this would solve the cable connector issues.

Problem here is that you might cause more issues by people over tightening them...confused_face.gif

post #6191 of 18028

I agree...thats why i tighting them up with my fingers and then just a little more with a tool..just a little..but the risk is always there to overtighten ofcourse
 

post #6192 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

You don't believe in cable, but do believe in break-in?


Read my post again.  I meant that I noticed the change but not sure whether it could be called as "broken in" or was it because the new marriage with the Emotiva or it could also be my ears have completely adjusted to the sound signature of the HE500.  Be it cable, break in, amp... I face them with the same skepticism until personally verified otherwise.

post #6193 of 18028
Sorry posted in wrong thread..deleted biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/12/13 at 3:10am
post #6194 of 18028
I'd love to see a manufacturer put say 300 hours on ever pair of cans that they sell and sit back and watch everyone talk about the improvements with burn in.
post #6195 of 18028
I guess Stax do that...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .