Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 390

post #5836 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

I'm sorry you're unhappy. wink_face.gif

No you're not. You're a troll. You feed off peoples sadness that you imagine to cause. Good luck with that.

post #5837 of 14855

I intend to try the HE500 on my brother's McCormack DNA-125 speaker amp within a month and will report back my findings.

post #5838 of 14855

I found O2 and Emotiva quite similar when I first got them. It was over the months that the difference kept getting larger and larger. I'd say a month is required at a minimum to just kind of get a hang of it. Somedays, the difference will seem big, somedays non-existant, other days, you might even like one over the other. Over time, you'll get to a consistent baseline and then I am quite certain that people should notice a distinct and significant difference between the two.

post #5839 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

To be perfectly honest Limniscate I'm kind of worried you don't hear much of a difference between the O2 and the Emotiva. When a lot others hear a huge difference. People who have owned the Lyr/Mjo/Solost/Bryston BHA-1 and have compared the Emotiva to these expensive amps meant to power planars. Have you been A/B ing back and forth using lossless music? What are you using to play it? Foobar? Wasapi? Asio? What kind of music do you listen to?

 

I am just hoping that I will hear the difference between the E09K and the Emotiva :)  Otherwise, it's time for me stop and get out this hobby cuz obviously I've hit what you pros call it?  "end game"? biggrin.gif and of course, save myself lots of money.

post #5840 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

I intend to try the HE500 on my brother's McCormack DNA-125 speaker amp within a month and will report back my findings.

 

Probably a good amp for HE-6, but seems way too powerful for HE-500 if you ask me.

post #5841 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

Well I haven't had the Emotiva that long so I don't want to draw any hasty conclusions.  However, I will say that so far, the low end does seem improved on the Emotiva.


The bass should at least have more energy and extension behind it.  Cleaner/tighter more definition are of course other attributes to look for, at least for me.  Just louder/stronger bass is not the answer and why I am testing out the Mini-X.

post #5842 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

 

I am just hoping that I will hear the difference between the E09K and the Emotiva :)  Otherwise, it's time for me stop and get out this hobby cuz obviously I've hit what you pros call it?  "end game"? biggrin.gif and of course, save myself lots of money.

Yeah the E09K is surprising nice. It's a nice improvement from the old E09. I think Jason at Schiit said it best when he said if you build a amp with op-amps and run them within spec you get a very clean sound and crazy awesome distortion numbers (not to mention absolute black silent background). The Emotiva is an all discrete design, like the Magni/Asgard/Lyr/Soloist., etc... I think the magic of the discrete design is that the music sounds more analog and less digital, although it's dirtier/grainier. Over time I've come to appreciate discrete designs and prefer them and now totally understand what Jason was talking about.

 

Like Zoom says. Give it some time when you get the Emotiva. I would say, focus when the music gets complex and multiple things are happening at the same time at all frequency extremes. This is when your HE-500 will use the extra juice(current) and the Emotiva will show you that tight/nimble control of the drivers. It won't lose any dynamic range at the bass or treble and reproduce everything smoothly the edges of attack won't be blunted at all.

 

Plus I felt like there was a small period of burn-in for the Emotiva. Maybe 24~48 hours, after which point it sounded stable/best. Not that it sounded terrible out of the box or anything.

post #5843 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Yeah the E09K is surprising nice. It's a nice improvement from the old E09. I think Jason at Schiit said it best when he said if you build a amp with op-amps and run them within spec you get a very clean sound and crazy awesome distortion numbers (not to mention absolute black silent background). The Emotiva is an all discrete design, like the Magni/Asgard/Lyr/Soloist., etc... I think the magic of the discrete design is that the music sounds more analog and less digital, although it's dirtier/grainier. Over time I've come to appreciate discrete designs and prefer them and now totally understand what Jason was talking about.

 

Like Zoom says. Give it some time when you get the Emotiva. I would say, focus when the music gets complex and multiple things are happening at the same time at all frequency extremes. This is when your HE-500 will use the extra juice(current) and the Emotiva will show you that tight/nimble control of the drivers. It won't lose any dynamic range at the bass or treble and reproduce everything smoothly the edges of attack won't be blunted at all.

 

Plus I felt like there was a small period of burn-in for the Emotiva. Maybe 24~48 hours, after which point it sounded stable/best. Not that it sounded terrible out of the box or anything.


M-13,

This is your best post so far about the Emotiva. tongue.gif  especially when you said the Emotiva would be a little dirtier/grainier (not for bass though) and more analog sounding.   This is right up my favorite ally when it comes to sound signature

Thank you


Edited by koiloco - 7/1/13 at 1:34pm
post #5844 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
M-13,

This is your best post so far about the Emotiva. tongue.gif  especially when you said the Emotiva would be a little dirtier/grainier (not for bass though) and more analog sounding.   This is right up my favorite ally when it comes to sound signature

Thank you

This post is nothing compared to my tampon post in the LCD-2 thread. My finest moment... evil_smiley.gif (I almost felt like Purrin [creator of the toilet-pants mod for the LCD-3])

post #5845 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Yeah the E09K is surprising nice. It's a nice improvement from the old E09.

But both amps are exactly the same with no sonic differences... the only difference is the lack of the 3.5mm post and the change in the dock for e17 etc... nothing more...

post #5846 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r View Post

But both amps are exactly the same with no sonic differences... the only difference is the lack of the 3.5mm post and the change in the dock for e17 etc... nothing more...

Umm... okay man. I've had both. And you?

post #5847 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Umm... okay man. I've had both. And you?


yup... got both too... so??

post #5848 of 14855
Repost tampon post here please (!)
post #5849 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r View Post
yup... got both too... so??

Good for you man. I disagree.

post #5850 of 14855
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Good for you man. I disagree.


YUP you do... just pointing out that there isn't supposed to be a difference as far as fiio say and others too... what you experience is a called a placebo

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .