Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 388

post #5806 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

I may have a concussion now... hold on let me take a little break and breathe into a bag...

LOL sense of humour - 0. Hifimanrookie - 2

post #5807 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

LOL sense of humour - 0. Hifimanrookie - 2
Maybe..but am really wondering who is enjoying his music more during the day on our rigs for more then 6 hours straight sometimes without any headache or fatique..me or the funny one with his super amp.

... Am almost thinking some people lost their brain because of the pumping of so much watts into their head biggrin.gif

Have a niceone..am going to bed now..maybe dreaming about a certain amp which is going to totally destroy any amp thats mentioned on this particular thread..and thats no empty remark..and i dont even have to defend it like i have to with the one i have now and endure even more 'smart remarks' from people like the one who is still with his head in a bag biggrin.gif as those heavy basslines his best amp of the world provides must make him dizzy with headaches so he cant concentrate on longer posts.. tongue.gif

But this thread is derailing again..why is it this kind of derailing most of the times starts with a discusion about some kind of budget amp/headphone? This will be my last post on this thread..as no one is gaining with this kind of smart ass remarks.. Newbies wont learn anything with this...

We are here to helpeach other and learn from each other..RIGHT?? but i guess some dont have real lifes so they make it a lifes work to discredit other opinions with smart remarks..thinking they win in this.and feel better in this...newsflash...u dont... U only get irritation in return...

But guys..farewell...i am gone...and everyone who want honest unbiased advice bout the he500...or any other component i owe..u know where to find me as some already did. Bye:o
post #5808 of 15191

Nooooooooooo, don't leave. Seriously guys, keep it cool.

post #5809 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

Nooooooooooo, don't leave. Seriously guys, keep it cool.

+1 No need to leave hifimanrookie. This kind of schiit always happens on Head-Fi. I haven't gotten any personal death threat PMs or offical notices from an admin yet, so I think we're good so far biggrin.gif. I'll probably be banned soon anyway, so you stay and I'll try to be here less.

post #5810 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

+1 No need to leave hifimanrookie. This kind of schiit always happens on Head-Fi. I haven't gotten any personal death threat PMs or offical notices from an admin yet, so I think we're good so far biggrin.gif. I'll probably be banned soon anyway, so you stay and I'll try to be here less.

NOOO!! I was really enjoying our edgy banter.

 

I couldn't resist after you so readily took up arms against the O2. 
I've hardly made any prior appearance on this thread, but I've been following most of it and know about your... indisposition to the O2.

I didn't mean any harm by it, but I felt it was ironic considering I made no positive or negative claims about the O2 or emotiva in my first comment. 

post #5811 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I only bought it so I could listen to my humble vintage collection and HE-500 without taking up desk space or to possibly take on short trips.

 

My favorite amp at the moment is a Kenwood KA-405, which I got for around 70 euros. I bet there are a lot of nice amps on the german market.

You can use this search engine to find what you are looking for:

http://www.hifishark.com

 

You can find amplifier inspiration in this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners

post #5812 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anda View Post

 

My favorite amp at the moment is a Kenwood KA-405, which I got for around 70 euros. I bet there are a lot of nice amps on the german market.

You can use this search engine to find what you are looking for:

http://www.hifishark.com

 

You can find amplifier inspiration in this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners

I've got 2 vintage speaker amps at home already, and have read most of the vintage-integrated thread. 

Maybe one day I'll make a cable for my HE-500 and plug it into one of them to see what all the fuss is about, but right now it seems like an expense with little return.

I wonder if there's a cheap way to rig it up safely to just test it out - I'm not even sure if it's safe at all with my amps, which aren't exactly pro equipment either. 

 

There are plenty of nice headphone amps in Germany, but very few well known, widely accepted ones around the 100-200 euro mark (apart from the usual suspects, Fiio etc)
Most German hifi shops are only interested in stocking Lehmann amps for obvious reasons. 

 

That aside, my other headphones are absolutely shining with the O2. For me this is about priorities, and right now I'd rather save up for a full frame DSLR.

post #5813 of 15191

Hifimanrookie be trolling you all!

 

Please don't leave this thread just because you misunderstood a couple of comments... None of the O2 talk was anyway near serious. Or meant to be understood as anything else but trolling and being ironic. Irony you know?

post #5814 of 15191

I love how there's always someone who thinks it's getting too heated and thinks we should all join hands and sing kumbaya around a golden HE-500, which is after all the reason we're all here. 

post #5815 of 15191

of course!and is normal in a place like this occasionally ashrug of the tone.

but i believe that this headphone deserve a lot

post #5816 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I love how there's always someone who thinks it's getting too heated and thinks we should all join hands and sing kumbaya around a golden HE-500, which is after all the reason we're all here. 

That's a bit gaudy, but I'd likely worship it wink.gif

post #5817 of 15191

I swear all GREQ said was that he was happy with his set up, next thing I know everyone's biting each other's faces off! Funny to read though, nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

post #5818 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I've got 2 vintage speaker amps at home already, and have read most of the vintage-integrated thread. 

Maybe one day I'll make a cable for my HE-500 and plug it into one of them to see what all the fuss is about, but right now it seems like an expense with little return.

I wonder if there's a cheap way to rig it up safely to just test it out - I'm not even sure if it's safe at all with my amps, which aren't exactly pro equipment either. 

 

There are plenty of nice headphone amps in Germany, but very few well known, widely accepted ones around the 100-200 euro mark (apart from the usual suspects, Fiio etc)
Most German hifi shops are only interested in stocking Lehmann amps for obvious reasons. 

 

That aside, my other headphones are absolutely shining with the O2. For me this is about priorities, and right now I'd rather save up for a full frame DSLR.

What other amps have you tried besides the O2? Because I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion that it was "shining"

 

So you think it's not even worth the price of a interconnect cable to find out if speaker taps are worth it? Honestly if have never heard it off speaker taps, hard to tell if it's worth it or not. But yeah I guess you can just "guess" it's not good.

post #5819 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

What other amps have you tried besides the O2? Because I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion that it was "shining"

 

So you think it's not even worth the price of a interconnect cable to find out if speaker taps are worth it? Honestly if have never heard it off speaker taps, hard to tell if it's worth it or not. But yeah I guess you can just "guess" it's not good.

 

I know I probably piss you off, but it's best to read everything I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I wonder if there's a cheap way to rig it up safely to just test it out - I'm not even sure if it's safe at all with my amps, which aren't exactly pro equipment either. 

- should I create a simply diy fully balanced cable, or just use an adapter on the end of the stock cable?

I'm not even sure it's safe to rig up my HE-500 to my vintage amps. 

post #5820 of 15191
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHedges View Post

I swear all GREQ said was that he was happy with his set up, next thing I know everyone's biting each other's faces off! Funny to read though, nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

I believe this is GREQ post:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

Thanks for sharing.

It puts most of the emotiva hype into better perspective. Especially as a European it doesn't make sense for me to import American amps and suffer the heavy import taxes.

 

Perhaps it's just for myself that I don't feel as though I'm 'missing out', but I don't feel that I need moar bass from my HE-500 so at the very least I can now listen to my music in peace.

 

 

I just found it funny that he calls the love for the Emotiva "hype" when he owns the O2, perhaps the most hyped amp of all time on Head-Fi. I can't think of another amp that has more blind followers. O2 is usually their first and only amp and they proclaim it to be the best, citing numbers/graphs from that blog. Expectation bias cuts both ways. If you read that blog for weeks and convince yourself you're buying the best amp then you're likely to hear the best amp when you get the O2. Liminicate is obviously not having the normal Emotiva experience because he hears a prominent hum with his Emotiva, which no other owner seems to hear. Something is wrong with his interconnect or the amp is a dud. The "hype" for the Emotiva consists of one thread on the Head-Fi that's less than 100 pages and a probably two dozen comments made by me and Zoom25 here on the HE-500. Not sure if that's "hype". In fact I say plug the HE-500 into any Speaker Amp, not just the Emotiva. It's probably just as good, if not better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .