- 3,250 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Gresham, OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 370post #5536 of 141626/15/13 at 7:48amHas anyone run these out of a vintage amp (ie a Kenwood KA-5700) headphone out, not speaker taps? I'd imagine plenty of power available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 141626/15/13 at 8:03ampost #5538 of 141626/15/13 at 9:32am
Interesting about the speaker amp suggestion (I guess it's a hifiman-family thing). Thanks for the nice comments m-13.
But I get my great results with either my Pinnacle (in high-impedance mode) or Rudistor RP010B, both running balanced.
Edited by rgs9200m - 6/15/13 at 9:33ampost #5539 of 141626/15/13 at 10:03amQuote:
I run my HE-500 out of a vintage Fisher SS speaker amp headphone-out (nothing special compared to the Kenwood, but fairly powerful) and it's okay.
The biggest problem with this is the background noise as I have to turn the volume to around 50% to get the volume to a nice level. This is due to the standard use of resistors in the headphone out, and turning up the volume so high naturally increases electronic background noise that builds up in the whole sound chain.
I prefer the clear perfectly black background from my PA2V2 compared to the speaker amp, but I prefer the extra dynamic range and I get from the vintage amp.
But neither are anywhere close to ideal.post #5540 of 141626/16/13 at 4:21ampost #5541 of 141626/16/13 at 2:06pm
The left driver of my HE-500 is recently adding a low volume but very annoying "screech" sound at certain songs parts. I have already ruled out all chance of faulty cable or upstream gear and my other cans are faultless.
Can anyone propose something, or is it high time for RMA (it will be the 3rd for those cans in less than 2 years) as I imagine ?post #5542 of 141626/16/13 at 2:47pmpost #5543 of 141626/16/13 at 3:58pmpost #5544 of 141626/16/13 at 5:11pm
I've noticed while using my Lyr that after about 30 minutes of use I start to get a very high frequency screech (maybe 16-17khz) in one side of my headphones, usually the left. It happens with any headphone I plug into it. If I unplug the headphone from the headphone jack and plug it back in it goes away but comes back after a few minutes. It's not particularly loud but it is annoying, especially during a quiet part of a song when it's more noticeable.post #5545 of 141626/16/13 at 5:41pm
My guess is that it's a problem with a tube. Meaning the problem is likely triggered by the heated tube. Swap one tube for another and see if the problem moves to the other cup. Then you'll know.post #5546 of 141626/17/13 at 12:02ampost #5547 of 141626/17/13 at 4:21ampost #5548 of 141626/17/13 at 8:40ampost #5549 of 141626/17/13 at 8:59ampost #5550 of 141626/17/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by nicholars
What I would really like to see and would almost definately purchase would be a HE-400 level headphone but with a more balanced frequency response without that massive peak at 10khz. Similar FR to the HE-500 but cheaper manufacturing and slightly worse sound quality, I would buy that.
If it would also be slightly easy to run, i wouldn't say no to that either.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Notes: FiiO E10K & E11K (based on pre-production/beta engineering... 18 seconds ago
- › Good beginners turntable setup? 48 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 4 minutes ago
- › Good Skrillex headphones 5 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)