or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 365

post #5461 of 18021

deleted


Edited by nicholars - 6/10/13 at 11:09pm
post #5462 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

 

The HE 500's make music sound lifeless and tedious IMO.

 

So do the Q40 lol.

post #5463 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

It's amusing watching how defensive everyone gets when someone expresses an opposing view. 

 

The HE 500's are planar magnetics so are inherently "superior" to dynamic drivers in my opinion. I think this is the only advantage the HE 500 has over the HD650. 

 

The HE 500's make music sound lifeless and tedious IMO.

But how do you know which posts are defensive and which are actual unbiased opinions? Or are you labeling everyone who argued against eke2k6 as being defensive by default? Cuz that'd be pretty biased on your part.

 

It'd be easy to flip the argument and claim that you are being hypocritical.


Edited by jerg - 6/10/13 at 11:10pm
post #5464 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

It's amusing watching how defensive everyone gets when someone expresses an opposing view. 

 

The HE 500's are planar magnetics so are inherently "superior" to dynamic drivers in my opinion. I think this is the only advantage the HE 500 has over the HD650. 

 

The HE 500's make music sound lifeless and tedious IMO.

I think your argument makes perfect sense. You don't like the tonality of the HE-500 which is a valid point. Arguing that the HD600 has better resolution than the HE-500 is just not right. As a personal opinion I think the HE-500 has very pleasing tonality, but if someone said the HD600/650 has much better tonality I would not argue one bit. If they said it was more musical I would still not argue.

 

But if someone says Nile Crocs are better than Lions THAT pisses me off because everyone knows Gryffindor Rules and Aslan is the King!

post #5465 of 18021

Well, I do love HE500 in the same reason as HD600. Firstly, music does not sound lifeless and non-musical at all with either phone. I may even prefer HD600 for tonality. But actually I have stopped making comparisons a while ago. I will appreciate both phones in the their respective threads. When you re lost in music, you could actually forget HE500 vs HD600. Now listening to HD600 with Siemens E88CC rolled into Lyr, very nice indeed.

post #5466 of 18021

£130 for 2 tubes... Ouch!

post #5467 of 18021

If you had the Lyr you would understand, LOL. 60s Telefunken tubes were glorious on the Lyr. I still miss them sometimes. Going solid state was a decision, but man I remember those sweet tubes, worth every penny and more. Sigh.

post #5468 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

£130 for 2 tubes... Ouch!


I got them used for around 100 USD. :)

 

And I havent tried any telefunken yet. :(  Hoping upcoming schiit statement hybrid amp can accommodate similar tubes as Lyr, so that my Lyr tubes are more useful. Statement SS may save trouble and additional cost, but tubes have their magic and fascination.

post #5469 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

It's amusing watching how defensive everyone gets when someone expresses an opposing view. 

 

The HE 500's are planar magnetics so are inherently "superior" to dynamic drivers in my opinion. I think this is the only advantage the HE 500 has over the HD650. 

 

The HE 500's make music sound lifeless and tedious IMO.

That is why the HE-500 sounds best being played LOUD, that kinda makes up for it. Not good for hearing, though.

post #5470 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

That is why the HE-500 sounds best being played LOUD, that kinda makes up for it. Not good for hearing, though.

Lol. That's a bit sad having to crank up the volume to lend the headphone some life.
post #5471 of 18021

I love both my HD600 and HE500 and would never give up either.

 

That HD650 on the other hand.......... (meh)    tongue_smile.gif

post #5472 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

But how do you know which posts are defensive and which are actual unbiased opinions? Or are you labeling everyone who argued against eke2k6 as being defensive by default? Cuz that'd be pretty biased on your part.

 

It'd be easy to flip the argument and claim that you are being hypocritical.

I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry...You've confused me with your satori-like insight.

post #5473 of 18021

I don't think I got the best out of my HE500's until I plugged them into my power outlets.

 

They really made the sirens sound like they were coming from down the street. Incredible sound stage.

post #5474 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post

I don't think I got the best out of my HE500's until I plugged them into my power outlets.

 

They really made the sirens sound like they were coming from down the street. Incredible sound stage.

That must have been electrifying! 

post #5475 of 18021
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

That must have been electrifying! 

 

I think that's what really switched me on to the planar sound.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .