Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 309

post #4621 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolink View Post

The Custom One Pro pleathers with the HE-500 is a very attractive proposition to me!  They look deeper than the HE's stock pleathers which is my only gripe about them.  So, for just $26, I'm going to take the plunge on that.

 

Any tips for easing the process of mounting them on the ring?

Get everything nice and warm and don't give up.

post #4622 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatrix View Post

Get everything nice and warm and don't give up.

Got it.

post #4623 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

I was under the impression that those who liked the pleather sound weren't saying that it was better, just that it was preferred. 

 

 

Not to confuse the issue, but I preferred it because I thought it was better.

post #4624 of 15194

Please provide feedback impressions on HE-500 with Mr Speaker Alpha Pads

 

https://www.mrspeakers.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=63

 

has anyone tried them on HE-500.

post #4625 of 15194

I'm really enjoying my HE500's with my new Meir Corda Daccord and Classic combo. I think I prefer it to my old NFB-10SE

post #4626 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post

I'm really enjoying my HE500's with my new Meir Corda Daccord and Classic combo. I think I prefer it to my old NFB-10SE

That's just buyer's justification talking cos you realise the point of diminishing returns kicks in at about $500 ;-)
post #4627 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


That's just buyer's justification talking cos you realise the point of diminishing returns kicks in at about $500 ;-)

Stop trying to bring me down man!

post #4628 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post

Stop trying to bring me down man!

Lol it's in your best interests ;-)
post #4629 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


Lol it's in your best interests ;-)

I'm a bit worried you're going to try and steal my Meier stack now.

 

If anyone is interested in the Meier Daccord or Meier Classic for the HE500's I highly recommend them. Well built, lot's of features, wonderful sound.

post #4630 of 15194

I would go as far to say the Meier Corda Classic amp is hard to beat by anything else under $1000, The Talisman T-33 used to be the GOAT amp under $1000 but god knows where that disappeared to. 

post #4631 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


That's just buyer's justification talking cos you realise the point of diminishing returns kicks in at about $500 ;-)

 

How so?

post #4632 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flognuts View Post

I would go as far to say the Meier Corda Classic amp is hard to beat by anything else under $1000, The Talisman T-33 used to be the GOAT amp under $1000 but god knows where that disappeared to. 

I agree. I don't understand why Schiit gear gets so much praise and Meier is forgotten in this thread; although I am not a tube fan by any stretch of the imagination.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

How so?

 

He was giving me stick because I sold him my NFB10SE cheap and spent a lot more money to get the Meier gear.


Edited by Jesterphile - 5/1/13 at 6:01am
post #4633 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post

I agree. I don't understand why Schiit gear gets so much praise and Meier is forgotten in this thread; although I am not a tube fan by any stretch of the imagination.

 

 


 

 

He was giving me stick because I sold him my NFB10SE cheap and spent a lot more money to get the Meier gear.

 

 

O  gotcha...

post #4634 of 15194
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

O  gotcha...

 

Just as an aside...

 

Do you think the Beyer T1s would compliment the HE500's? I've been thinking of splurging on some of them next.

post #4635 of 15194
Yeah, why shouldn't it? I would rather have the hd800, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .