What are HE-500 like when lying down with them? on a pillow for e.g, are they fairly comfortable?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 240post #3586 of 142183/9/13 at 12:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3587 of 142183/9/13 at 12:26pmpost #3588 of 142183/9/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
Then hopefully the bad stuff about both will help you decide better:
HE500 cons: a little slow-sounding, bass is a little wooly, and overall like other Hifimans the fit and finish is not as good as Audezes
LCD2 cons: treble a little less smooth/grainfree, sound is much less open (many comment on it sounding almost like closed headphones, to which I share the sentiment), lacks dynamics
All relative to each-other, of course.
Edited by jerg - 3/9/13 at 12:33pmpost #3589 of 142183/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
Buy both and keep the one you like.
You know if you post in this thread, you'll probably get lots of recommendation for the he500; same thing if you post in the Lcd2 thread
Edited by khaine1711 - 3/9/13 at 12:45pmpost #3591 of 142183/9/13 at 12:42pm
Yep. I had the same dilemma a few months back. In the end decided to start with the HE-500 for the simple reason that it was cheaper. Haven't looked back since. Actually haven't had even the slightest bit of upgraditis since then, been completely happy with the Hifimans. But one day I'll probably get the urge to hear the LCD-2 as well. :)post #3592 of 142183/9/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
They are fully open back, so laying down on a pillow will tend to muffle the sound. You want to keep your head a little higher than usual. If I am going to lay down, I go with the T1's.
KPpost #3593 of 142183/9/13 at 1:17pmpost #3594 of 142183/9/13 at 1:18pmpost #3595 of 142183/9/13 at 1:35pmQuote:Because I like the HD650 so much, my tendency was to favor the LCD 2, but I got a good deal on HE-500s and I'm completely wowed. I have no interest in the LCD 2 anymore.Originally Posted by Kendoji
Yep. I had the same dilemma a few months back. In the end decided to start with the HE-500 for the simple reason that it was cheaper. Haven't looked back since. Actually haven't had even the slightest bit of upgraditis since then, been completely happy with the Hifimans. But one day I'll probably get the urge to hear the LCD-2 as well.post #3596 of 142183/9/13 at 1:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by xd00bx
Ok so i just pulled the trigger on the he-500. TTVJ is having a sale and ive wanted them for a long time...
Here is my dilemma; this is my very first set of high end cans so im starting from scratch. i will be using my ps3 as source while my pc is being fixed so i need a dac with optical and usb input. i have $450 to spend on dac and amp and im not sure what to do.
Here are my options...
*Spend it all on an amp and get dac later.(have to wait at least 2 months).
*Get a dac/amp combo for now and upgrade amp later. (i was told ADG NFB 5.32 or NFB 11.32 have very good dac's for their price but amp is lacking) which one of these are better?
*Buy Audioengine d1($169 and i heard isnt even worth that) and buy amp with remaining $280.
I am leaning toward dac/amp combo for now but id like one with a good dac for future use with better amp. Which is the better option; nfb-5.32 ($430) or nfb-11.32 ($350)? OR is there a better option? Im really new to all this and need some advice... Cheers!
Assuming you're in the US, get a Magni for $99 and spend the rest on a DAC.post #3597 of 142183/9/13 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kendoji
Yep. I had the same dilemma a few months back. In the end decided to start with the HE-500 for the simple reason that it was cheaper. Haven't looked back since. Actually haven't had even the slightest bit of upgraditis since then, been completely happy with the Hifimans. But one day I'll probably get the urge to hear the LCD-2 as well. :)
Haven't had an urge to upgrade ever since I got the HE-500s. They sound so good that i'm completely happy with just keeping them.post #3599 of 142183/9/13 at 2:04pm
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Do I need an amp, DAC, and/or sound card for Audio-Technica ATH... 14 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 44 seconds ago
- › Upgraded amp + upgraded DAC + FLAC vs. lower end amp + lower end... 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds with mic sound weird on laptop 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)