- 2,719 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 238post #3556 of 141643/7/13 at 7:40pmunlike my audeze, my he500 never needed burnin. They sounded the same out of box as they did when they were older.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3557 of 141643/7/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Same with mine ..... they were supposed to be new @ list price from Crutchfield, serial # 9### , but who knows if they were really virgin.post #3558 of 141643/7/13 at 7:54pm
Interesting.. I've noticed that the bass has tightened up, seemed a little HD650'ish at first (slow), mids have alway been brilliant and the highs are smoothing out. Maybe because I was mostly using an ill fitting set of velour pads. Have the pleathers back on now and am really liking it. YMMV.. just my experience.post #3559 of 141643/7/13 at 8:17pmpost #3560 of 141643/7/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
Interesting.. I've noticed that the bass has tightened up, seemed a little HD650'ish at first (slow), mids have alway been brilliant and the highs are smoothing out. Maybe because I was mostly using an ill fitting set of velour pads. Have the pleathers back on now and am really liking it. YMMV.. just my experience.
My experience has been similar. I've got about 50-60 hours now and I've noticed the bass seems quicker and has a bit more impact than when I first took it out of the box. Mids and highs are silky smooth. I prefer the velour pads though, they just sound more natural to me. I found the pleathers sounded slightly hollow and artificial.post #3561 of 141643/7/13 at 10:57pm
mine changed after about 20 hours, out of the box the HE-500 is like a hybrid between DT880 (abit forward on the treble yet very smooth and never sounded thin) and HD650 (abit forward on the mids, and thick bass yet tighter and faster), after 20 hours the treble start to take forms, take a few step back but sounded realistic and still retaining that smoothness, the mids become lusher yet still forward though. After changing my setups the HE-500 is become a newly beast, most noticeable is it's techicality, seperation, depth, height and imaging improves.
This is my first encounter with an orthodynamic headphone and the experience is very intriguing, so is everybody i guess
Just my 2centpost #3562 of 141643/7/13 at 11:19pmI don't really know if mine changed - it was an open-box refurb. It could have gotten burned in, although I doubt it. Most likely, it was so poorly amped at first that small details in the change escaped me.post #3564 of 141643/8/13 at 4:21am
Worried I might have damaged my precious HE 500. For about 30 sec I accidentally played white noise at a very high volume. Where I had to take them off and disconnect from the Amplifier. Is there anyway of finding out if some damage has occurred to the headphones. Any advice is welcomed thanks. By the way these are the best headphones I have ever heard.post #3565 of 141643/8/13 at 4:23am
The only burn-in they needed is actually switching the muffled pleather to the velour.
Too bad I started the experiment with the Alpha pads after I sold the 500s... Considering the positive effect they have on both my 4s and 5LEs, I might have done a mistake selling them...
The 500s with Alpha pads and hard wired Norse cables might be an extremely yummy experience! In the future, maybe?post #3566 of 141643/8/13 at 5:00amQuote:Originally Posted by kasimoa
Worried I might have damaged my precious HE 500. For about 30 sec I accidentally played white noise at a very high volume. Where I had to take them off and disconnect from the Amplifier. Is there anyway of finding out if some damage has occurred to the headphones. Any advice is welcomed thanks. By the way these are the best headphones I have ever heard.
I doubt you have damaged them. They can handle several watts. The lcd2 can handle 15 watt rms.post #3567 of 141643/8/13 at 5:08amQuote:
Thanks for that its good to get some technical feedback. I have been listening to them for the past 30min and everything seems fine.post #3568 of 141643/8/13 at 6:10am
The difference between when I first opened the box and when I plugged them in and put electronic signals though them was literally night and day. Initially they were just a lump of metal, plastic, and wires, then when I hit "play" on the FOOBAR, they sounded like the best headphones I've ever owned.post #3569 of 141643/8/13 at 6:43ampost #3570 of 141643/8/13 at 6:47am
Has anyone here tried the HE500 with Graham Slee Solo Srg II?
Because my current desktop amp is GS Solo Srg II and i don't intend to invest in another amp
How srg ii +HD650 combo compare with srg ii + HE500?
Any input is appreciated!
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS/FT: My HE-400 (2nd Revision) for Your Q701, K701, K702, K612,... 14 seconds ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 20 seconds ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: What speakers did you use to... 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack interference 3 minutes ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, denon d600 - fostex th600 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)