Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 234

post #3496 of 16151

Your lyr wants some more ... oh boy, here we go biggrin.gif

post #3497 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinharis View Post

Your lyr wants some more ... oh boy, here we go biggrin.gif

 

The problem is, I can't buy things online or even from ebay. Do you know a place in Jakarta that happens to sell tubes?

post #3498 of 16151

You can ask for some assistance from Au-Id members to get it, i can only think one seller in jakarta that sells some tubes is Mr.Budi Kantong-Kresek

post #3499 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinharis View Post

You can ask for some assistance from Au-Id members to get it, i can only think one seller in jakarta that sells some tubes is Mr.Budi Kantong-Kresek

 

Yeah, I'll probably ask them for assistance but now, the stock tubes is still in its break-in period so I guess I will leave it as it is before jumping to tube rolling.

post #3500 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

 

Correct, you got one free internetz point!

 

This is my first tube amp and it does pair very well with the HE-500. I find that using the velour pads with the Lyr makes it balanced sounding. The pleathers with the Lyr make it sound a bit too warm.


Use your set up and try Phantom second ED song - Transparent by Kokia.  That good control of bass and Kokia's vocal. You will be smitten. It is very nice indeed. :) I guess you like Ein and Zwei a lot.


Edited by ForsakenArcher - 3/5/13 at 8:04am
post #3501 of 16151

so I just got my 1/4inch to 3.5 mm jack to plug into my computer

 

God these headphones sound BAD without amps, I can barely hear vocals, its like they are singing from the bottom of a well

post #3502 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukeman View Post

so I just got my 1/4inch to 3.5 mm jack to plug into my computer

 

God these headphones sound BAD without amps, I can barely hear vocals, its like they are singing from the bottom of a well

It's very quiet if I plug mine directly into the computer even on max vol, still fairly transparent-soudning though. Maybe your PC has an even worse soundcard than mine (mine is some Realtek HD soundcard).

 

Regardless, that (lack of dynamics/coherence when the cans are severely underpowered) is to be expected.


Edited by jerg - 3/5/13 at 3:53pm
post #3503 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

It's very quiet if I plug mine directly into the computer even on max vol, still fairly transparent-soudning though. Maybe your PC has an even worse soundcard than mine (mine is some Realtek HD soundcard).

 

Regardless, that (lack of dynamics/coherence when the cans are severely underpowered) is to be expected.

 

well I don't have a soundcard. using whatever my motherboard has

 

yea I bet its underpowered will have to wait 1-2 weeks till my bifrost+lyr combo arrives

post #3504 of 16151

Left them hanging around my neck for a moment and when i took them off i pulled too hard and cracked the socket where the screws go in =(

 

 

 

 

 

Thankfully Hifiman is willing to send me replacement parts =D

post #3505 of 16151

My mobo features the worst sound quality I have ever heard. WAY worse than my mac and also WAY worse than my iPhone4. And the mobo is quite new, not even 1 year old. It is not bad, it cost more than 100$.

 

My iPhone is a bigger upgrade than my 500$ tube amp, relative to how bad the audio in my mobo is.


Edited by davidsh - 3/5/13 at 11:28pm
post #3506 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

Left them hanging around my neck for a moment and when i took them off i pulled too hard and cracked the socket where the screws go in =(

 

 

 

 

 

Thankfully Hifiman is willing to send me replacement parts =D

They really should just make metal pieces for those parts where the screws pass.

 

Could you take some photos of the your headband where the extender part was secured to?


Edited by jerg - 3/5/13 at 11:38pm
post #3507 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

They really should just make metal pieces for those parts where the screws pass.

 

Could you take some photos of the your headband where the extender part was secured to?

Sure can.

 

I was surprised it was plastic and not metal...or at least some kind of metal insert. 

 

In any case this is something I can easily fix from my end when i receive the parts.

 

In the meantime i'm stuck using my Beyer DT990 600ohm....so dissapointing =(

 

 

 

 

 

For me to screw it back in correctly i had to make a small incision just enough to fit a small phillips screw driver.

post #3508 of 16151

Did you take it off with one hand?

post #3509 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

Sure can.

 

I was surprised it was plastic and not metal...or at least some kind of metal insert. 

 

In any case this is something I can easily fix from my end when i receive the parts.

 

In the meantime i'm stuck using my Beyer DT990 600ohm....so dissapointing =(

 

 

 

 

 

For me to screw it back in correctly i had to make a small incision just enough to fit a small phillips screw driver.

 

That happened to my HE-500 after quite a bit of use, and I was able to get Fang to fix it for me.  Have you emailed them?

post #3510 of 16151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

Sure can.

 

I was surprised it was plastic and not metal...or at least some kind of metal insert. 

 

In any case this is something I can easily fix from my end when i receive the parts.

 

In the meantime i'm stuck using my Beyer DT990 600ohm....so dissapointing =(

 

 

 

 

 

For me to screw it back in correctly i had to make a small incision just enough to fit a small phillips screw driver.

I really feel that this part of Hifiman cans' design is really the only structural weak-point, kinda like the swivel screws of the discontinued Denons.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .