or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 21

post #301 of 18028

For those people who are concerned about the 1/8" plug with 1/4" adapter, I find there is no degradation in sound from using a solid 1/4" adapter on a 1/8" plug.  I would not worry about it at all.  It's much more convenient than having to convert the 1/4" down to 1/8" for portable amps or small desktop amps like the Travagans Red or Headroom Micro Amp.

post #302 of 18028

What kind of storage box does the HE-500 come with? 

post #303 of 18028
Thread Starter 

A covered hard case (black). I will post an image or I am sure someone will. 

post #304 of 18028

@jamoto8: Thanks

 

Also, I recently created a HiFiMAN Facebook page including pics of the HE-500. Here it is.


Edited by Windsor - 6/19/11 at 4:47am
post #305 of 18028

 

what do u mean by solid 1/4" adapter? do the stock ones we get for free from headphone purchases not cut it? i thought its all standard stuff with no differences in sound but just a matter of convenience? confused.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

For those people who are concerned about the 1/8" plug with 1/4" adapter, I find there is no degradation in sound from using a solid 1/4" adapter on a 1/8" plug.  I would not worry about it at all.  It's much more convenient than having to convert the 1/4" down to 1/8" for portable amps or small desktop amps like the Travagans Red or Headroom Micro Amp.



 

post #306 of 18028
Thread Starter 

Hey that brings me right back here, deju vu (sorry no accents). I mean I have clicked on that link like 10 or 12 times and here I am. Did I leave or am I having a lapse of memory and I went to the site and have just returned? Groundhog day all over again. Man, I just can't get out of here. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor View Post

@jamoto8: Thanks

 

Also, I recently created a HiFiMAN Facebook page including pics of the HE-500. Here it is.

SUBMIT


Edited by jamato8 - 6/19/11 at 4:30am
post #307 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Hey that brings me right back here, deju vu (sorry no accents). I mean I have clicked on that link like 10 or 12 times and here I am. Did I leave or am I having a lapse of memory and I went to the site and have just returned? Groundhog day all over again. Man, I just can't get out of here. 

 

 

SUBMIT

 

Hey there, I've fixed the original link, but here it is again

post #308 of 18028

Wondering how much of a difference in sound quality will i hear if i changed to these from my current headphones (FA-002w) since there is an almost 6 times increase in price because from what i read these sound really great and i wanna try them out :(

post #309 of 18028

Here are a couple of pictures of the case the HE-500 comes in.

 

DSCN1134.JPG

 

DSCN1136.JPG

post #310 of 18028

Thanks for sharing those pics, mrarroyo - that HE 500 case looks quite nice. 

 

It could be great if there was a travel-type case for the HE 500 too. 

post #311 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor View Post

Thanks for sharing those pics, mrarroyo - that HE 500 case looks quite nice. 

 

It could be great if there was a travel-type case for the HE 500 too. 


Pelican makes a lot of equipment cases. http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1200
post #312 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor View Post

Thanks for sharing those pics, mrarroyo - that HE 500 case looks quite nice. 

 

It could be great if there was a travel-type case for the HE 500 too. 


Pelican makes a lot of equipment cases. http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1200


Thanks Happy Camper! I may look into a Pelican case for the HE 500. If I get a price quote, I'll post it on this thread. 

 

post #313 of 18028
Used a multimeter at Home Depot on break just now. Clocking around 44 ohms on each driver. Didn't think I had a problem, but nice to check
post #314 of 18028

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor View Post

Thanks Happy Camper! I may look into a Pelican case for the HE 500. If I get a price quote, I'll post it on this thread. 

 

 

What are the dimensions (length x width x depth) of the HE-500?


Edited by Windsor - 6/19/11 at 3:43pm
post #315 of 18028

Another question: how does the HE-500's PRaT ability compare to that of the Sennheiser HD 650?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .