Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 199

post #2971 of 14621

HE-500 is not a HE-6.  Use a speaker amp because you want to not because you have to ;)

post #2972 of 14621

+2 Correct ^^^^^

post #2973 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

HE-500 is not a HE-6.  Use a speaker amp because you want to not because you have to ;)

 

+3

post #2974 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

HE-500 is not a HE-6.  Use a speaker amp because you want to not because you have to ;)


+4  I don't have an HE-6 or a speaker amp .... I just got caught up in the enthusiasm and wanted to get to 4  :)

post #2975 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post


+4  I don't have an HE-6 or a speaker amp .... I just got caught up in the enthusiasm and wanted to get to 4  :)

Must... fight... urge.... to join... crazy mob...

aggggg

+5

 

darn it

 

KP

post #2976 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by snip3r77 View Post

O2 LOL

Researched and these are the candidates. No way that I can audition most of them.

Audio GD SA-31 / NFB-6 / Compass 2
Burson HA-160 / Soloist SL
La Figaro 339 with TS5998 & RCA5693
Emotiva mini-X a-100
EF-5 US499
Sh1t Lyr
Violectric V200
Botttlehead S.E.X

 

From what I've read, the BH S.E.X. is a great pairing with the HE-500's and for a while there it was on my tube amp shortlist.

 

Can the BH Stereomour Stereo Single Ended 2A3/45 be made into a viable headphone amp?  2A3 tube amps are getting rave reviews; EC BA, Stratus.

 

Speaking of the Status, any impressions with the HE-500's?  The amp looks fantastic and its nice that it doesn't come in boring, cliché black with blue LED's. ph34r.gif  Donald has a great eye for design.

 

Solude, you're a big advocate of the 6SN7 tubes, what's your take on the 2A3?

post #2977 of 14621
I have experience with a speakers amp, Single Ended Triode ( SET ) 2a3 using 6SN7 as the driver tubes.

The SET sound is really out of this world. Very airy and lush vocals and epic dynamics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezolver View Post

From what I've read, the BH S.E.X. is a great pairing with the HE-500's and for a while there it was on my tube amp shortlist.

Can the BH Stereomour Stereo Single Ended 2A3/45 be made into a viable headphone amp?  2A3 tube amps are getting rave reviews; EC BA, Stratus.

Speaking of the Status, any impressions with the HE-500's?  The amp looks fantastic and its nice that it doesn't come in boring, cliché black with blue LED's. ph34r.gif   Donald has a great eye for design.

Solude, you're a big advocate of the 6SN7 tubes, what's your take on the 2A3?
post #2978 of 14621

@Zoom25 and the rest,  I'm not sure if you're using the odac-o2 combo. As you know I just gotten this like a week and have already ran in for almost a week.

 

What I found out that the HE-500 is very revealing. It is able to detect quite a bit of recording "defects". I do not want to say that the HE-500 is defective but when I swap to another headphones the "defects" are there but of a lesser degree. i.e crackling at a certain passage maybe for 0.5s or so.

 

Do you experience this? Is this normal? Is it payback time when you have a revealing system? 

 

I doubt it's the HE-500 as I said I also experience this in our other phones.

 

Cheers.

post #2979 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Never heard the SA-31 but I am not in the market for another amp. I just bought the V200 again. No room for a fourth amp.

 

What are the amps that you have to drive the HE-500?

 

I don't mind to spend on the V200 but I would want to see all the options that I have. 

 

I kinda like the La Figaro 339 after reading from the reports here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643439/denver-nc-meet-impressions-january-20-2013-aka-charlotte-area-meet

post #2980 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by snip3r77 View Post

@Zoom25 and the rest,  I'm not sure if you're using the odac-o2 combo. As you know I just gotten this like a week and have already ran in for almost a week.

 

What I found out that the HE-500 is very revealing. It is able to detect quite a bit of recording "defects". I do not want to say that the HE-500 is defective but when I swap to another headphones the "defects" are there but of a lesser degree. i.e crackling at a certain passage maybe for 0.5s or so.

 

Do you experience this? Is this normal? Is it payback time when you have a revealing system? 

 

I doubt it's the HE-500 as I said I also experience this in our other phones.

 

Cheers.

 

I don't have the ODAC, although plan to pick one up some time in the future. I haven't heard any crackling noises with the O2 out of any DACs. Do you mean something similar to sibilance or full on distortion and pops. Also if you are using the stock cable, it might be causing that. The stock HE-500 cable would at times distort or blank out for a while. I would try and isolate the components to see which part is causing that and then get it repaired/replaced.

post #2981 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

 

I don't have the ODAC, although plan to pick one up some time in the future. I haven't heard any crackling noises with the O2 out of any DACs. Do you mean something similar to sibilance or full on distortion and pops. Also if you are using the stock cable, it might be causing that. The stock HE-500 cable would at times distort or blank out for a while. I would try and isolate the components to see which part is causing that and then get it repaired/replaced.

 

i understand that distortion would occur due to inadequate power but the pop sounds are mostly from the source files etc.

post #2982 of 14621
The sound I would be describing is say in the song there is instrument A B C and D. All are ok except for that particular .5s when the guitar is solo-ing to climax. Volume that I'm listening is at 12 o clock to confirm that the o2 is not overdriven.

If it also occurs with another phone ( albeit at a lesser degree ) , I have isolated that the problem is not from the phones anymore?

p/s
I will try to play this from my phone and soundcard directly and see if the files artifact is still there or not. I will try to upload the files for you guys to try.

Thanks
Edited by snip3r77 - 2/4/13 at 11:15pm
post #2983 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by snip3r77 View Post

The sound I would be describing is say in the song there is instrument A B C and D. All are ok except for that particular .5s when the guitar is solo-ing to climax. Volume that I'm listening is at 12 o clock to confirm that the o2 is not overdriven.

If it also occurs with another phone ( albeit at a lesser degree ) , I have isolated that the problem is not from the phones anymore?

p/s
I will try to play this from my phone and soundcard directly and see if the files artifact is still there or not. I will try to upload the files for you guys to try.

Thanks


Same for me. Crackling and sometimes maybe distortion. I don't think it is the amp, since it doesn't get worse with volume. My amp can put out at least 1W. My setup is PC -> E17 -> Xcan-v8 -> HE500

 

I tend to think it is the music, but it occurs quite often in a wide variety of tracks.

 

I can upload some files too.

post #2984 of 14621
Pls upload the files and specifically the time that the artifact occurs, left or right channel.

What amp are you using btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post


Same for me. Crackling and sometimes maybe distortion. I don't think it is the amp, since it doesn't get worse with volume. My amp can put out at least 1W. My setup is PC -> E17 -> Xcan-v8 -> HE500

I tend to think it is the music, but it occurs quite often in a wide variety of tracks.

I can upload some files too.
post #2985 of 14621

I'm experiencing the same problem in the past. I'm using a cowon E2 to drive my MS1i and on some tracks (i.e As I am by the Dream Theater on Flac format) i'm hearing a pop sound, but it went away soon after i played the same tracks using a laptop and the Dacport LX as my transport and source, here is my post and i think we should start to discus on that threads

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .