Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 178

post #2656 of 14659
I think it's a HE-6
post #2657 of 14659
So they would have changed the colors of both the 4s and the 6s (both were all black, including the 2 half rings)?
post #2658 of 14659
So they would have changed the colors of both the 4s and the 6s (both were all black, including the 2 half rings)?
post #2659 of 14659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

So they would have changed the colors of both the 4s and the 6s (both were all black, including the 2 half rings)?

HE6 cup has always been a dark blue-black hue, not completely black. That is reflected in that photo.

 

However yes, the yokes (where you extend the headband and rotate the cups) were painted black in earlier HE6's, but in later units were changed to a dark silver finish.

post #2660 of 14659

Quite a large photo of a HE-6 for a HE-500 forum and what should it tell us? ;)


Edited by Acapella11 - 1/21/13 at 4:36pm
post #2661 of 14659

Right driver died? Sorry about that. Hope they have a longer lifespan than that. rolleyes.gif

post #2662 of 14659

Makes you wonder what exactly blew up in his HE6. It might be as simple as a slightly botched cup cable connector, or as severe has a general diaphragm tracing defect (ticking bomb for all HE6 owners).

post #2663 of 14659
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Makes you wonder what exactly blew up in his HE6. It might be as simple as a slightly botched cup cable connector, or as severe has a general diaphragm tracing defect (ticking bomb for all HE6 owners).

 

HE-500 and/or HE-400 too, or just HE-6?

post #2664 of 14659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

 

HE-500 and/or HE-400 too, or just HE-6?

I was just postulating about the fact that when someone's Hifiman driver "died", it could be due to ANYTHING, from the most trivial to the most severe issues possible. So in fact others would overestimate and underestimate the issue.

 

It's not anything real.


Edited by jerg - 1/21/13 at 4:45pm
post #2665 of 14659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

I can't see what headphones these are? I read HE-5 only and they look like the newer HE-4!
Modded cans? tongue.gif
post #2666 of 14659
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

Can you call to request and order of the F1J from Nelson? It's not in stock in any of those sites.

 

Contact Mark at Reno HiFi..  He can get you a new one.  If Nelson is still making them that is.  I'm looking into a pair of F4s myself.


Edited by preproman - 1/21/13 at 6:07pm
post #2667 of 14659

I'm planning on getting the HE-500's very soon and I'm kind of putting together a "road map" for what I want to do and just get some peoples opinions on it. These are going to be a bit of a step up for me from my HFI-580's and also a lot more money so all opinions are welcome.

 

Currently I have a Xonar STX which I plan on using for a short while once I get the HE-500's then once I get a bit more money I plan on getting the Schiit Lyr and just using the Xonar STX as the DAC as I have heard it is decent DAC setup. What I'm most concerned about is how far will the STX take me as far as the DAC goes?

 

But mainly what I'm asking is if this "road map" is going in the right direction, I really don't plan on going much further than this and hope to get a well-rounded setup in the end with a good price without having to resell stuff.

 

I apologize if this wasn't the place to ask it. I thank you in advance for any guidance.

post #2668 of 14659

i tied the velour pads and they are simply so much better than the pleathers.... the treble seems so much better after a day of burn in and all the siblance is gone... now these headphones feel as the reviews have always said...

post #2669 of 14659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium Child View Post

I'm planning on getting the HE-500's very soon and I'm kind of putting together a "road map" for what I want to do and just get some peoples opinions on it. These are going to be a bit of a step up for me from my HFI-580's and also a lot more money so all opinions are welcome.

 

Currently I have a Xonar STX which I plan on using for a short while once I get the HE-500's then once I get a bit more money I plan on getting the Schiit Lyr and just using the Xonar STX as the DAC as I have heard it is decent DAC setup. What I'm most concerned about is how far will the STX take me as far as the DAC goes?

 

But mainly what I'm asking is if this "road map" is going in the right direction, I really don't plan on going much further than this and hope to get a well-rounded setup in the end with a good price without having to resell stuff.

 

I apologize if this wasn't the place to ask it. I thank you in advance for any guidance.

 

I can't really speak to the STX, but I can say the Lyr is fantastic with the 500. I think you will really like it. You can tweak things out with different tubes, or different cables and such, but really, the stock Lyr is quite nice.

post #2670 of 14659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowfade View Post

I can't really speak to the STX, but I can say the Lyr is fantastic with the 500. I think you will really like it. You can tweak things out with different tubes, or different cables and such, but really, the stock Lyr is quite nice.
Lyr is goodvalue for the money..but if u need something cheaper to start with for the time being for the he500.. Try the matrix mstage..i had this baby burning in my he500's and it sounded really well with gain on 10 db.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .