Easy, just transplant the Hifiman mounting ring over from any stock pleather/velour pads over to the J$ pads, fits like a glove. Remember, J$ beyer pads are a bit larger in diametre than stock Beyer earpads, and are instead almost exactly the size of Hifiman earpads.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on Yesterday at 4:22 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 169
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't understand, is it the same mounting mechanism
If you take a look at your hifiman earpad, it is two pieces: the earpad itself, plus a plastic ring with four tabs that is wedged into the back of the earpad. Those two parts are separate and you can take the plastic mounting ring out with ease. That mounting ring can be wedged into any other similarly sized earpads with backflaps, basically.
First impression of the J$+HE500: It sounds like a marriage between the stock (airy treble, microdetails) velours and (robust lush lower end, black background) pleathers. But more importantly, hallelujah it's comfortable.
It sounds a bit sibilant similar the HFM velours though, possibly because it doesn't have any nylon screen in the middle at all to mediate the treble.
Is the soundstage affected at all?, as they look a little deeper
Very much. It sounds like the soundstage of the velours, maybe a bit more even, but at the same time the black background that is absent with the velours is still present with these. Really digging these.
Quick, PM Hifiman customer service, tell them to jack the price of the HE500 up to $1000 so we can move the thread back to capitalism-fi subforum instead of here!
haha, it looks like the similar LCD2 thread has been moved aswell... Oh well, back to mid-fi it is. Suppose I can stop putting that stupid posh voice on now.
I'd have thought the cost of the HE-500 + j$ pads should easily get this thread into the high-end forum.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 11 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 17 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 46 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 55 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Sound blaster Z vs Audigy RX 1 minute ago
- › Music and Gaming Headphone Recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)