Easy, just transplant the Hifiman mounting ring over from any stock pleather/velour pads over to the J$ pads, fits like a glove. Remember, J$ beyer pads are a bit larger in diametre than stock Beyer earpads, and are instead almost exactly the size of Hifiman earpads.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 169post #2521 of 142601/9/13 at 11:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 142601/9/13 at 11:58amQuote:
I don't understand, is it the same mounting mechanismpost #2523 of 142601/9/13 at 12:22pm
If you take a look at your hifiman earpad, it is two pieces: the earpad itself, plus a plastic ring with four tabs that is wedged into the back of the earpad. Those two parts are separate and you can take the plastic mounting ring out with ease. That mounting ring can be wedged into any other similarly sized earpads with backflaps, basically.post #2524 of 142601/9/13 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by jerg
First impression of the J$+HE500: It sounds like a marriage between the stock (airy treble, microdetails) velours and (robust lush lower end, black background) pleathers. But more importantly, hallelujah it's comfortable.
It sounds a bit sibilant similar the HFM velours though, possibly because it doesn't have any nylon screen in the middle at all to mediate the treble.
Is the soundstage affected at all?, as they look a little deeperpost #2525 of 142601/9/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
Very much. It sounds like the soundstage of the velours, maybe a bit more even, but at the same time the black background that is absent with the velours is still present with these. Really digging these.post #2526 of 142601/9/13 at 1:23pmpost #2527 of 142601/9/13 at 4:11pmpost #2529 of 142601/9/13 at 5:19pmpost #2530 of 142601/9/13 at 7:42pmpost #2531 of 142601/9/13 at 7:47pmQuote:post #2532 of 142601/9/13 at 11:49pmpost #2533 of 142601/9/13 at 11:52pmQuote:
Quick, PM Hifiman customer service, tell them to jack the price of the HE500 up to $1000 so we can move the thread back to capitalism-fi subforum instead of here!post #2534 of 142601/10/13 at 12:06amQuote:
haha, it looks like the similar LCD2 thread has been moved aswell... Oh well, back to mid-fi it is. Suppose I can stop putting that stupid posh voice on now.post #2535 of 142601/10/13 at 1:47amQuote:
I'd have thought the cost of the HE-500 + j$ pads should easily get this thread into the high-end forum.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, mint condition 22 seconds ago
- › HIFiMan HE560 @ TTVJAudio! 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › HD 598 or Momentum? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)