I was afraid you'd say that...Just too much money for me atm...I have heard one and it was an incredible experience to say the least. For physicality and engagement it is supreme.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Video review only at the moment, sorry.
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 1129
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Your half way there, tap that 990 and they will sound sublime!
I promise I am not trying to flame you for your post or antagonize you just asking questions
I own a Gungnir & Mjolnir (And way to much other gear).
Mjolnir will convert SE source to balanced output which is not quite the same as balanced signal throughout chain. Again I'm not even trying to argue merit of SE vs. Balanced, just thought Mjolnir was an odd choice if you weren't trying to go balanced end to end.
Fantatsic that it sounds great to you and that's all that really matters. I was trying to understand for ME whether there was merit in additional hardware based filter
No worries my friend
I must though add, that my choice for the Mjolnir was due to its power capabilities vs price primarily.
I could not find any other better amp for the money.
At the time i was also contemplating some Audeze phones (but didn't get them in the end) so another reason that i went for the Mojo, which i read they go well together.
The balanced vs single ended hype, as i explained is only by design and not by principle.
Using only balanced ancillaries will not necessarily maximize the sound benefits of the Mjolnir, in all cases.
I have quite some experience with audio gear (you can calculate my age from my name), these are not my only equipment neither are they my only fair/good equipment, but this beside the point.
I also do a lot of diy too, and i understand a bit of design.
In any event the filter does work for me, and that is that.
I find that I yearn for the mids of my old 500 compared to my current modded HE400. My perfect headphone would have the visceral energy of the 400 along with its bass, with the mids of the HE500. I may have to eventually go back to the HE500 and cook up some mods, as no matter how much I tinker with the 400, the driver is just not capable of producing a beautiful midrange.
The weird thing is that when I put my Asgard2 on high gain, the mids come to the front with my HE400.
When on low gain or on other sources I noticed the slight recessed mids.
Though I have not heard the HE500 so I can't say that it has the same mids, but for me it's a non-issue.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk - a $5 earbud that seriously deserves... 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6s Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2