I was afraid you'd say that...Just too much money for me atm...I have heard one and it was an incredible experience to say the least. For physicality and engagement it is supreme.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 1129
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Your half way there, tap that 990 and they will sound sublime!
I promise I am not trying to flame you for your post or antagonize you just asking questions
I own a Gungnir & Mjolnir (And way to much other gear).
Mjolnir will convert SE source to balanced output which is not quite the same as balanced signal throughout chain. Again I'm not even trying to argue merit of SE vs. Balanced, just thought Mjolnir was an odd choice if you weren't trying to go balanced end to end.
Fantatsic that it sounds great to you and that's all that really matters. I was trying to understand for ME whether there was merit in additional hardware based filter
No worries my friend
I must though add, that my choice for the Mjolnir was due to its power capabilities vs price primarily.
I could not find any other better amp for the money.
At the time i was also contemplating some Audeze phones (but didn't get them in the end) so another reason that i went for the Mojo, which i read they go well together.
The balanced vs single ended hype, as i explained is only by design and not by principle.
Using only balanced ancillaries will not necessarily maximize the sound benefits of the Mjolnir, in all cases.
I have quite some experience with audio gear (you can calculate my age from my name), these are not my only equipment neither are they my only fair/good equipment, but this beside the point.
I also do a lot of diy too, and i understand a bit of design.
In any event the filter does work for me, and that is that.
I find that I yearn for the mids of my old 500 compared to my current modded HE400. My perfect headphone would have the visceral energy of the 400 along with its bass, with the mids of the HE500. I may have to eventually go back to the HE500 and cook up some mods, as no matter how much I tinker with the 400, the driver is just not capable of producing a beautiful midrange.
The weird thing is that when I put my Asgard2 on high gain, the mids come to the front with my HE400.
When on low gain or on other sources I noticed the slight recessed mids.
Though I have not heard the HE500 so I can't say that it has the same mids, but for me it's a non-issue.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 second ago
- › Music Game IX 17 seconds ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 32 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 53 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2