Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 993

post #14881 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Yep, that's why I sold them.  Also, Senns don't fit my head.  I found them annoying to wear.  I probably would like the 600s, but I won't be buying a pair.

I have  a pair of HD600's, that's why I thought you would like them, however, if you have the HE500's or HE-560's, soundwise, you really don't need the 600's, although I think they are more comfortable. I listen to my HE-500's more often than the HD600's.

post #14882 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Now all you need is a sky hook to offset some of the weight. Actually the weight doesn't bother me as much as I originally thought it would.

 

I don't mind the weight, but I find they like to shift about when I'm doing stuff, esp. when I'm leaning forward doing some detailed work that requires my Professor glasses.  Yes, I "borrowed" them from the Professor.  Actually, Ginger pinched 'em.  Maybe 'im, too ;)

post #14883 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I have  a pair of HD600's, that's why I thought you would like them, however, if you have the HE500's or HE-560's, soundwise, you really don't need the 600's, although I think they are more comfortable. I listen to my HE-500's more often than the HD600's.

 

There's that, too.  I wouldn't mean some mid if dynamics that have a different sig from the Q701s.  Fidelio X2s are on the radar.

 

You may schedule the intervention for any time.

post #14884 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I don't mind the weight, but I find they like to shift about when I'm doing stuff, esp. when I'm leaning forward doing some detailed work that requires my Professor glasses.  Yes, I "borrowed" them from the Professor.  Actually, Ginger pinched 'em.  Maybe 'im, too ;)

I'd rather pinch Maryanne.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the shifting about, move your head slowly or else you might get some whiplash.

Jimi Hendrix, Voodoo Chile Slight Return + HE-500's rock well together. That's what I'm listening to right now.


Edited by StanD - Yesterday at 2:26 pm
post #14885 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I'd rather pinch Maryanne.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the shifting about, move your head slowly or else you might get some whiplash.

Jimi Hendrix, Voodoo Chile Slight Return + HE-500's rock well together. That's what I'm listening to right now.

 

LOL.  Definitely not for headbanging.  I'm talking about just leaning forward.  Annoying.  Yep, the 500s definitely rock.  I prefer them for some rock over the HE-560s, esp. when the wall-of-sound/expansiveness helps.

post #14886 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidz View Post
 

Who here wears spectacles?  I have plastic frames and damn they don't half dig into the bit above my ears, both sides become sore very quickly and i'm taking them off and putting them back on, over n over.  Any tips other than change the glasses frame and rotate the cup? 

Found this post

Can't solve the problem still :(

post #14887 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir33 View Post
 

Found this post

Can't solve the problem still :(

 

Hi,

 

Since I changed my specs to a pair with a much thinner frame solely for listening sessions with the He-500, I've had no more discomfort  around the ears.  Switching back to the pair with thicker frames causes ear pain as quick as half an hour. In my experience, the frame makes a huge difference to how the weight of the He-500 is perceived.  With too much of a thick frame the clamp on the sides is worst and you are constantly reminded you're wearing the Headphones. 

 

Old specs which cause pain above around the ears and fatigue

 

 

 

 

 

Thinner frame specs which cause no pain or discomfort 

 

 

 

For added comfort up top I use a headband cushion, quite popular and works wonders at preventing a sore skull after long wearing sessions. 

 


Edited by fluidz - Yesterday at 10:36 pm
post #14888 of 14890

 

 

Looks thin ;)

post #14889 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Yep, that's why I sold them.  Also, Senns don't fit my head.  I found them annoying to wear.  I probably would like the 600s, but I won't be buying a pair.

 

Yep, I didn't like the clamp on the HD-580 either, but they are well balanced and nice sounding headphones, the HE-500 has more forward mids (which I like) and of course planar bass! Most comfortable Sennheiser's I've tried were the HD700 and the HD595.

 

@hifimanrookie, I'd rather keep a low profile about that blue circle amp. There's a good chance a green fingered politician in the Netherlands might stumble upon this thread and decide now is a good time to start charging carbon tax on Class A amplifiers. Inefficient amplifiers that need to run 24/7 are sure to give greenies the total creepies.


Edited by daerron - Today at 3:25 am
post #14890 of 14890
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post
 

 

Yep, I didn't like the clamp on the HD-580 either, but they are well balanced and nice sounding headphones, the HE-500 has more forward mids (which I like) and of course planar bass! Most comfortable Sennheiser's I've tried were the HD700 and the HD595.

 

@hifimanrookie, I'd rather keep a low profile about that blue circle amp. There's a good chance a green fingered politician in the Netherlands might stumble upon this thread and decide now is a good time to start charging carbon tax on Class A amplifiers. Inefficient amplifiers that need to run 24/7 are sure to give greenies the total creepies.

They may force Hifi to have a dreaded power switch installed.

I didn't find the HD600's to have a wicked clamping force.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .