or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 95

post #1411 of 18011

try these:-

 

http://www.soundcraft.com/support/guides.aspx#

 

http://diy-central.com/HowToCreateYourOwnDIYCablesXLRTRSStudioCables.aspx

post #1412 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post

Its really easy with multimeter. Do you have one?

 

I suppose I could do it that way, but I'm American, ergo vis a vis lazy ;)

 

One I made for Audezes

 

Audeze-lcd2-wiring-scheme.png


Edited by J-Pak - 6/12/12 at 7:09pm
post #1413 of 18011

Couldn't you use a single 4 pin XLR?

 

Pin 1 = Left 1

Pin 2 = Right 1

Pin 3 =  Left Ground

Pin 4 = Right Ground

 

?

 

I think that's how my HE-6 cable is.  Seems ridiculous to have dual XLR plugs.

post #1414 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahm519 View Post

Couldn't you use a single 4 pin XLR?

 

Pin 1 = Left 1

Pin 2 = Right 1

Pin 3 =  Left Ground

Pin 4 = Right Ground

 

?

 

I think that's how my HE-6 cable is.  Seems ridiculous to have dual XLR plugs.

Is that correct? I am making some balanced cables for my HE-500 in about a week and if that is the case, that's awesome.

post #1415 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahm519 View Post

Couldn't you use a single 4 pin XLR?

 

Pin 1 = Left 1

Pin 2 = Right 1

Pin 3 =  Left Ground

Pin 4 = Right Ground

 

?

 

I think that's how my HE-6 cable is.  Seems ridiculous to have dual XLR plugs.

 

Yes 4 pin XLR of course

 

Dual XLRs... I wouldn't wire them in such archaic fashion

post #1416 of 18011

I recently got a new pair of 500's from Moon

 

Kinda scratching my chin over how the pads are meant to stay in place. Just wondering if there's meant to be an additional ring or something, that may have got lost?

 

DSCF2401.JPG

 

 

 

DSCF2405.JPG#

 

 

Anyhow, they are sounding superb and I measured the drivers to be well-matched (0.4 ohms difference).

post #1417 of 18011

Nope, that's all.  Seems to have worked so for me and I've tried the ring with other pads as well.

I got mine from Moon as well.  

HE-500 have continued to impress me. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFood View Post

I recently got a new pair of 500's from Moon

 

Kinda scratching my chin over how the pads are meant to stay in place. Just wondering if there's meant to be an additional ring or something, that may have got lost?

 

 

 

DSCF2405.JPG#

 

 

Anyhow, they are sounding superb and I measured the drivers to be well-matched (0.4 ohms difference).

post #1418 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBC View Post

Nope, that's all.  Seems to have worked so for me and I've tried the ring with other pads as well.

I got mine from Moon as well.  

HE-500 have continued to impress me. 

 

 

It just seems that not all four of those bits of plastic always clip into place, even if you press down firmly from the front of the pad.  Are they meant to line up with anything on the inner cup?

post #1419 of 18011

Nope, they don't line up with anything. They just go under that lip and kind of free float around in there. The pads will never seemlessly line up with the cups either. However, all 4 clips should definitely go under the lip. Don't worry about bending the pad a bit to make them all go under. These new pads are pretty tough, whereas the old ones would break if you looked at them the wrong way.


Edited by Rebel975 - 6/16/12 at 10:31am
post #1420 of 18011

okay, thanks.  Good to know there's nothing wrong with mine.

post #1421 of 18011
How do you guys measure the impedance?
post #1422 of 18011

+1..

When my 500s arrive, I would like to test the impedance during the 30day test period.. but dont know how.

I will create some mono sine wave tones and listen to whether the sound is coming from the center or not.

post #1423 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post

How do you guys measure the impedance?

 

With a multimeter rolleyes.gif

It's been explained in this thread and the HE-400 thread. try the search, I could do that and copy paste the answer but I'm watching the news :p

post #1424 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

With a multimeter rolleyes.gif

It's been explained in this thread and the HE-400 thread. try the search, I could do that and copy paste the answer but I'm watching the news :p

 

I'm too good for this world :D

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-please-post-your-impressions-loan-pair-for-uk-pg-28/195#post_7517825

post #1425 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

With a multimeter rolleyes.gif
It's been explained in this thread and the HE-400 thread. try the search, I could do that and copy paste the answer but I'm watching the news tongue.gif
Ok thanks, will do
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .