or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 926

post #13876 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWerk View Post
 

 

Yea, why couldn't apple create a higher sounding quality headphone that crushes beats with all that money? The market needs more options which sound good and look good, not more beats by apple.

They should have bought out Dr. Fang. Still trying to get back on topic :D 

post #13877 of 16541
They didn't buy hifiman because it's more of a niche market, AND they didn't have a streaming service to go along with it! Nor did they have Jimmy or Dre, but whatever...

Ironically, imagine if they had bought hifiman, but instead of keeping them the high-end audiophile company that they are, they turn them into a beats wannabe. Would you really have preferred that? I certainly wouldn't. At least this way they can only improve Beats, rather than mess up a company we like and support. And how would that deal have gone gone over with their shareholders?

That aside, I do think apple should license the RE-400 to include as the stock earbuds on the iPhone!
post #13878 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by thievesarmy View Post

They didn't buy hifiman because it's more of a niche market, AND they didn't have a streaming service to go along with it! Nor did they have Jimmy or Dre, but whatever...

Ironically, imagine if they had bought hifiman, but instead of keeping them the high-end audiophile company that they are, they turn them into a beats wannabe. Would you really have preferred that? I certainly wouldn't. At least this way they can only improve Beats, rather than mess up a company we like and support. And how would that deal have gone gone over with their shareholders?

That aside, I do think apple should license the RE-400 to include as the stock earbuds on the iPhone!

+1

post #13879 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by thievesarmy View Post

They didn't buy hifiman because it's more of a niche market, AND they didn't have a streaming service to go along with it! Nor did they have Jimmy or Dre, but whatever...

Ironically, imagine if they had bought hifiman, but instead of keeping them the high-end audiophile company that they are, they turn them into a beats wannabe. Would you really have preferred that? I certainly wouldn't. At least this way they can only improve Beats, rather than mess up a company we like and support. And how would that deal have gone gone over with their shareholders?

That aside, I do think apple should license the RE-400 to include as the stock earbuds on the iPhone!

And they could increase the price of the total package, NOT. They would sell everything at higher prices. Are you ready for a Red HE-560?

post #13880 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

And they could increase the price of the total package, NOT. They would sell everything at higher prices. Are you ready for a Red HE-560?

 

And what, exactly, is wrong with that?

 

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/619447/hifiman-regrilling-mod/210#post_10250165

 

 

:darthsmile:

post #13881 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

And what, exactly, is wrong with that?

 

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/619447/hifiman-regrilling-mod/210#post_10250165

 

 

:darthsmile:

Where's the red wires and ear cups? I said RED not a touch of red. Dre doesn't do anything small, except for SQ.

post #13882 of 16541

How do people feel about using these for gaming? Whether it be on console with Dolby Headphone or particularly with a Creative X-fi card (that's the one I'll be getting... The titanium HD). Anyone know how its bass fares to a AKG Annie/K712 Pro?

post #13883 of 16541

I don't like the HE-500 for playing games and if I do I prefer to keep the lights on... Sounds effects sound too real and often I end up looking over my shoulder to figure out whether the noise was from the outside or from the game! Whilst the sound staging is good for games, there are headphones out there that are better, but the HE-500 generally has great width (which is why you keep looking over your shoulder). If you have the right amp, then the bass is quite excellent. I always find it amazing how much effort designers put into the audio of games and then people end up playing games with cheap headsets and PC speakers... The HE-500 really adds some meat and impact to game sound effects!


Edited by daerron - 6/17/14 at 7:09am
post #13884 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post
 

I don't like the HE-500 for playing games and if I do I prefer to keep the lights on... Sounds effects sound too real and often I end up looking over my shoulder to figure out whether the noise was from the outside or from the game! Whilst the sound staging is good for games, there are headphones out there that are better, but the HE-500 generally has great width (which is why you keep looking over your shoulder). If you have the right amp, then the bass is quite excellent. I always find it amazing how much effort designers put into the audio of games and then people end up playing games with cheap headsets and PC speakers...

You should try the sigmas then :rolleyes:

 

I don't really bother gaming with HE-500 anyway. Too heavy, also no exceptional experience IMO..

 

Regardless, I have puzzled with something like doing some gaming with my friends, dolby surround, lights off, soft glow of tubes and my sigmas delivering the sound. Then, find a really scary game of some sorts. Any suggestion for really scary game with good sound to boot?

 

Sorry for going OT by the way..

post #13885 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

You should try the sigmas then :rolleyes:

 

I don't really bother gaming with HE-500 anyway. Too heavy, also no exceptional experience IMO..

 

Regardless, I have puzzled with something like doing some gaming with my friends, dolby surround, lights off, soft glow of tubes and my sigmas delivering the sound. Then, find a really scary game of some sorts. Any suggestion for really scary game with good sound to boot?

 

Sorry for going OT by the way..

 

Try Amnesia: The Dark Descent

post #13886 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAmusing777 View Post
 

How do people feel about using these for gaming? Whether it be on console with Dolby Headphone or particularly with a Creative X-fi card (that's the one I'll be getting... The titanium HD). Anyone know how its bass fares to a AKG Annie/K712 Pro?


I didn't like the HE500 for gaming until I did the grill mod.  Now they are excellent.  I'm surprised how much of a difference it made.

 

Previously I used the Q701's to game with (which are excellent for gaming).  The soundstage of the modded HE500 still isn't as good as the Q701's but it is getting close enough that I don't really care so much anymore.  The additional weight and bass of the HE500 plus the soundstage (modded) makes it a pretty decent gaming headphone to be honest.

 

If you are looking at competitive, then the AKG's will have it beat.  Fun, HE500.

post #13887 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSire View Post
 


I didn't like the HE500 for gaming until I did the grill mod.  Now they are excellent.  I'm surprised how much of a difference it made.

 

Previously I used the Q701's to game with (which are excellent for gaming).  The soundstage of the modded HE500 still isn't as good as the Q701's but it is getting close enough that I don't really care so much anymore.  The additional weight and bass of the HE500 plus the soundstage (modded) makes it a pretty decent gaming headphone to be honest.

 

If you are looking at competitive, then the AKG's will have it beat.  Fun, HE500.

I do the same.  HE500 for music listening and Q701 for FPS gaming.

post #13888 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSire View Post
 


I didn't like the HE500 for gaming until I did the grill mod.  Now they are excellent.  I'm surprised how much of a difference it made.

 

Previously I used the Q701's to game with (which are excellent for gaming).  The soundstage of the modded HE500 still isn't as good as the Q701's but it is getting close enough that I don't really care so much anymore.  The additional weight and bass of the HE500 plus the soundstage (modded) makes it a pretty decent gaming headphone to be honest.

 

If you are looking at competitive, then the AKG's will have it beat.  Fun, HE500.



Great answers.

Grill mod. Hmm, is that the fuzzor mod?

post #13889 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post
 

I don't like the HE-500 for playing games and if I do I prefer to keep the lights on... Sounds effects sound too real and often I end up looking over my shoulder to figure out whether the noise was from the outside or from the game! Whilst the sound staging is good for games, there are headphones out there that are better, but the HE-500 generally has great width (which is why you keep looking over your shoulder). If you have the right amp, then the bass is quite excellent. I always find it amazing how much effort designers put into the audio of games and then people end up playing games with cheap headsets and PC speakers... The HE-500 really adds some meat and impact to game sound effects!


Haha, sweet :D Yeah, I wish the designers would all use OpenAL/DirectSound3D so we could all experience 3d sound.

post #13890 of 16541
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAmusing777 View Post
 



Great answers.

Grill mod. Hmm, is that the fuzzor mod?

Nope, two different things.  I haven't done the fuzzor yet and probably won't...seems like too much trouble :)

 

Grill mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/619447/hifiman-regrilling-mod

 

Here is mine: http://www.head-fi.org/t/619447/hifiman-regrilling-mod/285#post_10625285

 

The other 'mod' I will do is pick up the new HE560 pads when they come out...they are based off of the jergpads.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .