Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 5/11/14 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on 8/19/14 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 913
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are you running the 500s from your S.E.X., Mark?
LOL. Actually yes! The only thing holding me back is having to go to the shop to buy the 4 x 100ohm resistors, but I've bought the socket and I'm ready with my Dremel!
Can anyone recommend some good replacement HE500 cables to me? Hopefully nothing too expensive. I've been looking at Toxic Cable's line and am wondering if there's anything else in that price range that is good.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Damn, the Skoll series is in my budget and looks incredible. Red with wood splitter seems so luxurious...
My new Norne cable for my LFF Enigmas are coming in soon and it is red. I can send you pics when it gets here if you want to see how it looks. My Norne cable for my HE500 is just black with a Wenge splitter.
Thanks guys, the choice of Canare cable came from this link -> http://robrobinette.com/BalancedCable.htm#Convert_HE-500
I tried the grill mod last night and i'm still on the fence if i like it or not, its possibly a little bit too bright now for my liking, but it did seem to help the low end dynamics which i do prefer. I'm interested to hear other peoples opinions, and see what else you have all tried?
Yup, looks super clean. It's amazing how much money you save doing something like this. A simple snip of the sleeving to make the Y-split and canare/mogami wire is about the highest quality wire around.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 22 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 1 minute ago
- › Alpha Design Labs (Furutech) EH-008 In-ear Monitors 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 6 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 7 minutes ago
- › Understanding "Detail" in a Headphone Review? 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)