Has anybody tried the HE-500 with the Valhalla amp?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 866
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think Schiit says on their site re: the Valhalla that if one is looking to use planars, one should consider the Lyr instead.
You won't regret it. I drive my HE-500s, Q701s and SR-225s (all modded to one degree or another) with it, all beautifully. Good tubes help, of course
Holy cow, I land in the hospital and miss the arrival of hifi's Blue Circle. Been incarcerated since Friday on an IV.
I should be going home tomorrow and expect to hear many tales about Blue Circles and a happy HiFi.
..is everything okay now?..hope u get out tomorrow and healthy.
About my blue circle.. Well Lets say i saw the light audio wise...and my living room smells after stinky feet because of the amount of syllicone gilbert used on and in my rig but according to other bc owners that smell fades away in 2 weeks or so..(check the pics and u will see what i mean). I wont say anything else as i will be opening up a dedicated thread bout my rig this weekend..so everyone interested can ask what they want.. And hear about my first impressions now it has around 120hours on it... Still long way to go until burned in...at least full 1 month i understand..
So buddy..get well soon..and stop chasing all those sexy nurses..
And now i go back into the obscurity of LaLa land
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 1:24am
Don't go phantom on us. Hope you'll get well soon. This thread is boring without you and hifimanrookie around.
wow nice Ember! does it have the superCharger module?
curious what tube(s) you may have tried so far, and if your "previous Ton of Schiit" was ever a Lyr before with HE-500s?
I'm still in the Ember decision path to replace a previous Lyr, as Ember would likely be my end (besides tube rolls).
tempted into trying some 12AT long plate tubes perhaps...
1.) Is supercharged.
2.) Had the Lyr and rolled a schiit ton of tubes with it. BUT it was long before the HE-500. It ran my LCD2.2, HE-400, D2000, Sig Pros (with 1st gen USB Bifrost)
3.) I have not rolled any tubes yet with the Ember... Still learning researching 12 vs 6 etc, but I didn't add on the supercharged option for nothing! Will be rolling soon.
Oh, FWIW... I personally feel the Ember is better than the Lyr. I haven't done any A/B testing, just how I feel at the moment. This powers the HE-500 without breaking a sweat.
Edited by TooPoor - 3/11/14 at 8:04pm
thanks for the info, please add to Ember tube rolling thread when you pursue the others!
the fact Ember has a single tube (for me) is a bonus as it will save tube $ without worrying about matched pairs.
I've heard tale the Ember has a blacker background (which I can believe), and some better bass separation and overall clarity than Lyr as well.
Ember + Supercharger seems so affordable might be a crime NOT to try it with HE-500.
of course if HE-560 doesn't need as much power.... well, not sure what to do then. ha!
edit: scratch that, remembered that Ember is very customizable in terms of gain AND resistance, so if HE-560 needs (sounds better) with less power-
then, just dial down the Ember power. genius.
Edited by jexby - 3/11/14 at 8:34pm
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How to organize your own meet - General advice thread 3 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 9 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 12 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 18 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Can you buy the actual Senn HD650 stock cable anywhere? 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3