Has anybody tried the HE-500 with the Valhalla amp?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 5/11/14 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on 8/19/14 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 866
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think Schiit says on their site re: the Valhalla that if one is looking to use planars, one should consider the Lyr instead.
You won't regret it. I drive my HE-500s, Q701s and SR-225s (all modded to one degree or another) with it, all beautifully. Good tubes help, of course
Holy cow, I land in the hospital and miss the arrival of hifi's Blue Circle. Been incarcerated since Friday on an IV.
I should be going home tomorrow and expect to hear many tales about Blue Circles and a happy HiFi.
..is everything okay now?..hope u get out tomorrow and healthy.
About my blue circle.. Well Lets say i saw the light audio wise...and my living room smells after stinky feet because of the amount of syllicone gilbert used on and in my rig but according to other bc owners that smell fades away in 2 weeks or so..(check the pics and u will see what i mean). I wont say anything else as i will be opening up a dedicated thread bout my rig this weekend..so everyone interested can ask what they want.. And hear about my first impressions now it has around 120hours on it... Still long way to go until burned in...at least full 1 month i understand..
So buddy..get well soon..and stop chasing all those sexy nurses..
And now i go back into the obscurity of LaLa land
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 1:24am
Don't go phantom on us. Hope you'll get well soon. This thread is boring without you and hifimanrookie around.
wow nice Ember! does it have the superCharger module?
curious what tube(s) you may have tried so far, and if your "previous Ton of Schiit" was ever a Lyr before with HE-500s?
I'm still in the Ember decision path to replace a previous Lyr, as Ember would likely be my end (besides tube rolls).
tempted into trying some 12AT long plate tubes perhaps...
1.) Is supercharged.
2.) Had the Lyr and rolled a schiit ton of tubes with it. BUT it was long before the HE-500. It ran my LCD2.2, HE-400, D2000, Sig Pros (with 1st gen USB Bifrost)
3.) I have not rolled any tubes yet with the Ember... Still learning researching 12 vs 6 etc, but I didn't add on the supercharged option for nothing! Will be rolling soon.
Oh, FWIW... I personally feel the Ember is better than the Lyr. I haven't done any A/B testing, just how I feel at the moment. This powers the HE-500 without breaking a sweat.
Edited by TooPoor - 3/11/14 at 8:04pm
thanks for the info, please add to Ember tube rolling thread when you pursue the others!
the fact Ember has a single tube (for me) is a bonus as it will save tube $ without worrying about matched pairs.
I've heard tale the Ember has a blacker background (which I can believe), and some better bass separation and overall clarity than Lyr as well.
Ember + Supercharger seems so affordable might be a crime NOT to try it with HE-500.
of course if HE-560 doesn't need as much power.... well, not sure what to do then. ha!
edit: scratch that, remembered that Ember is very customizable in terms of gain AND resistance, so if HE-560 needs (sounds better) with less power-
then, just dial down the Ember power. genius.
Edited by jexby - 3/11/14 at 8:34pm
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 brisbane head-fi meet 5 minutes ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)