Has anybody tried the HE-500 with the Valhalla amp?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 5/11/14 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on 8/19/14 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 866
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think Schiit says on their site re: the Valhalla that if one is looking to use planars, one should consider the Lyr instead.
You won't regret it. I drive my HE-500s, Q701s and SR-225s (all modded to one degree or another) with it, all beautifully. Good tubes help, of course
Holy cow, I land in the hospital and miss the arrival of hifi's Blue Circle. Been incarcerated since Friday on an IV.
I should be going home tomorrow and expect to hear many tales about Blue Circles and a happy HiFi.
..is everything okay now?..hope u get out tomorrow and healthy.
About my blue circle.. Well Lets say i saw the light audio wise...and my living room smells after stinky feet because of the amount of syllicone gilbert used on and in my rig but according to other bc owners that smell fades away in 2 weeks or so..(check the pics and u will see what i mean). I wont say anything else as i will be opening up a dedicated thread bout my rig this weekend..so everyone interested can ask what they want.. And hear about my first impressions now it has around 120hours on it... Still long way to go until burned in...at least full 1 month i understand..
So buddy..get well soon..and stop chasing all those sexy nurses..
And now i go back into the obscurity of LaLa land
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 1:24am
Don't go phantom on us. Hope you'll get well soon. This thread is boring without you and hifimanrookie around.
wow nice Ember! does it have the superCharger module?
curious what tube(s) you may have tried so far, and if your "previous Ton of Schiit" was ever a Lyr before with HE-500s?
I'm still in the Ember decision path to replace a previous Lyr, as Ember would likely be my end (besides tube rolls).
tempted into trying some 12AT long plate tubes perhaps...
1.) Is supercharged.
2.) Had the Lyr and rolled a schiit ton of tubes with it. BUT it was long before the HE-500. It ran my LCD2.2, HE-400, D2000, Sig Pros (with 1st gen USB Bifrost)
3.) I have not rolled any tubes yet with the Ember... Still learning researching 12 vs 6 etc, but I didn't add on the supercharged option for nothing! Will be rolling soon.
Oh, FWIW... I personally feel the Ember is better than the Lyr. I haven't done any A/B testing, just how I feel at the moment. This powers the HE-500 without breaking a sweat.
Edited by TooPoor - 3/11/14 at 8:04pm
thanks for the info, please add to Ember tube rolling thread when you pursue the others!
the fact Ember has a single tube (for me) is a bonus as it will save tube $ without worrying about matched pairs.
I've heard tale the Ember has a blacker background (which I can believe), and some better bass separation and overall clarity than Lyr as well.
Ember + Supercharger seems so affordable might be a crime NOT to try it with HE-500.
of course if HE-560 doesn't need as much power.... well, not sure what to do then. ha!
edit: scratch that, remembered that Ember is very customizable in terms of gain AND resistance, so if HE-560 needs (sounds better) with less power-
then, just dial down the Ember power. genius.
Edited by jexby - 3/11/14 at 8:34pm
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › DSD Dac 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 3 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › Westone UM3X Removable Cable IEM 7 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-07-30 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › 598 vs 518 - The $100 difference really worth? (open to suggestions) 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)