Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 865

post #12961 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

Very nice smily_headphones1.gif

Be sure to post a link to your new thread herein so we can post lots of questions for you.  I've got a few, but I'll save them for the proper place.

Enjoy!

P.S. - so, your daughter's really into toy cars, eh?  Wait, those aren't your toys, are they??  wink.gif
Nope my toys..NOBODY touches them.not even clean them of dust...everyone knows that around me..i collect car models i cant buy in real life..mostly limited editions in 1/18 scale models, some with real carpets etc... I have three showcase racks (furniture) full like on the pic that showing them.. Some even dont come out of their original boxes..those are numbered... I only once in a while take them out...

In the next weeks i will open a thread... And u can ask what u want then..i hope i can answer them all..lolz
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/8/14 at 10:11am
post #12962 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Nope my toys..NOBODY touches them.not even clean them of dust...everyone knows that around me..i collect rare car models..mostly limited editions in 1/18 scale models, some with real carpets etc... I have three showcase racks (furniture) full like on the pic that showing them.. Some even dont come out of their original boxes..those are numbered... I only once in a while take them out...

In the next weeks i will open a thread... And u can ask what u want then..i hope i can answer them all..lolz

 

Aren't you moving house eventually?  Will you have a room set aside for your collection and hi-fi stuff?

 

Well, most of my questions are about the amp and assorted bits & pieces, but I'll save those.  I will ask, in advance of your first listening session (and not trying to influence you in any way whatsoever):

 

Did you see GOD?

 

cuz I figure this is your end game :D

post #12963 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

Aren't you moving house eventually?  Will you have a room set aside for your collection and hi-fi stuff?

Well, most of my questions are about the amp and assorted bits & pieces, but I'll save those.  I will ask, in advance of your first listening session (and not trying to influence you in any way whatsoever):

Did you see GOD?

cuz I figure this is your end game biggrin.gif
Yes moving...and no one touches my stuff..only i will transport them... And all will be transported on the soft leather seats of my car..nothing goes in the boot!!! Yep i am weird..i know..i just wanna minimize problems as much as possible..
And yes..my own listening/hobby room for my stuff..being pc stuff and the stuff u just saw on pics..lolz
Ithink my endgame will start at the end of this year when i will be assembling a speaker rig also for my new house..but for now..yes..i am in heaven..even before i actually had a listen to my new toys..it looks really classy..simple and classy...now i need my new rack.. tongue.gif

I have a feeling about what ur questions will be knowing u a bit now..but u can ask them as soon i have the new thread up and running and have some time on my new amp..i want to minimize the ' OMG sounds good new toys' placebo effect when i post about my first listening experiences... tongue.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/8/14 at 10:44am
post #12964 of 16155

DELETE


Edited by Mython - 4/1/14 at 4:42pm
post #12965 of 16155
What dark beast is lurking around in darkness..waiting for its next unknowing victim very_evil_smiley.gif

post #12966 of 16155
^ your camera stinks. That's a shame to take picture of your BC amp with such horrible opticals. Please come back with a much better camera and give your new amp the glory it deserves.biggrin.gif
post #12967 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

^ your camera stinks. That's a shame to take picture of your BC amp with such horrible opticals. Please come back with a much better camera and give your new amp the glory it deserves.biggrin.gif
Ru dissing my ipad camera? Shame on u..i dont have budget anymore to get a decent camera!! Lolz..
But dont u worry..i will see what xlr (or something) camera i can come up with of a friend of mine and then take night pics of my amp...i really like the blue circles and the white glow that glows through the upper side..as u know i listen in complete darkness and seeing that light spectacle makes me happy... wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/8/14 at 7:24pm
post #12968 of 16155
^i don't call that little thing on your ipad a camera smily_headphones1.gif kidding asides, with a decent DSLR, tripod, shoot that amp wide open and slow let the blue circles lite up the frame. Oh lala, i can imagine how it would look already.
post #12969 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

^i don't call that little thing on your ipad a camera smily_headphones1.gif kidding asides, with a decent DSLR, tripod, shoot that amp wide open and slow let the blue circles lite up the frame. Oh lala, i can imagine how it would look already.

 

Seriously, call it by it's proper name:  NSA Spy Hole  :p

 

The ambient lighting of an amp, amp + tubes, salt crystal planet with light inside... :D ... all makes for a pleasing listening atmosphere.  Why, Nimzerz has just the periodic orange glow of his girl MJ ;)

 

Makes me want to try some night shots of my schiit.  So, HiFi, since you possess something truly unique, you should document it properly, as koiloco suggests.  And just because we're paranoid about the NSA doesn't mean they're not out to get you :evil:

post #12970 of 16155
Thread Starter 

Should have the 560 very soon to compare to the 500. Seems like a whole new animal, lighter, different headband, different design. Rock out. . 

post #12971 of 16155

Has anybody tried the HE-500 with the Valhalla amp?

post #12972 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

Has anybody tried the HE-500 with the Valhalla amp?

Can't say I have, but it'll not be good

post #12973 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

Has anybody tried the HE-500 with the Valhalla amp?

 

I think Schiit says on their site re: the Valhalla that if one is looking to use planars, one should consider the Lyr instead.

post #12974 of 16155
Asked Jason about Valhalla and he500 he said not a good combo to go for the lyr now I live happily ever after
post #12975 of 16155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna47 View Post

Asked Jason about Valhalla and he500 he said not a good combo to go for the lyr now I live happily ever after

 

You won't regret it.  I drive my HE-500s, Q701s and SR-225s (all modded to one degree or another) with it, all beautifully.  Good tubes help, of course :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .