or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 856

post #12826 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

Don't tell him, he's liv'in in the past.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I knew there'd be some time traveling goin' on here.


I'm back...no luck. Everything was rented out except the Beta tapes.

 

On a positive note, I just snagged the new Foghat album.

 

 

:beerchug:

post #12827 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post
 

 


I'm back...no luck. Everything was rented out except the Beta tapes.

 

On a positive note, I just snagged the new Foghat album.

 

 

:beerchug:

Excuse me, but I'm a Fool for the City. You get it on Vinyl? Half the band is in another timezone (RIP).

post #12828 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Excuse me, but I'm a Fool for the City. You get it on Vinyl? Half the band is in another timezone (RIP).


Yeah, but was hoping to find it on one of those new cassette things. I heard you can wind them with a pencil. ;)

post #12829 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post
 


Yeah, but was hoping to find it on one of those new cassette things. I heard you can wind them with a pencil. ;)

You can get the biggie size on 8 track.

post #12830 of 18030

8-tracks or bust, baby!  Nothing makes the HE-500s sing like an 8-track... *sigh*

post #12831 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

8-tracks or bust, baby!  Nothing makes the HE-500s sing like an 8-track... *sigh*

Unless it vomits up a tapeworm that gets jammed around a roller.

post #12832 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Unless it vomits up a tapeworm that gets jammed around a roller.

 

Fortunes of war.

post #12833 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Fortunes of war.

So how are you enjoying your new cable? Does your HE-500 approve?

post #12834 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

So how are you enjoying your new cable? Does your HE-500 approve?

 

Quite a bit.  I'm comparing it to my expensive custom cable at the moment.  I'm leaning toward unloading it, and may have an interested Head-Fier.  Still need to listen to a few more songs.

 

The one thing I like about this custom made one is the braided wires inside the sleeve.  I'm not sure the Mogami stripped of sheath and braided will fit inside the paracord.  I've got a few feet to play with, so I'll give it a whirl.  The braiding isn't difficult, just tedious.  Just need to find a good method to secure one end after I knot them.  The braid needs to be as tight as possible, I reckon.

 

I ordered more wire and parts from Redco today for an AKG cable and some interconnects.  Fun fun fun :darthsmile:

post #12835 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

I have a question for y'all. If you look at the following picture, you will see at the bottom left on top of the inside magnet strip a fine white dust/powder. It's been there as long as I remember, but could this be a possible sign of overdriving the driver? Maybe some particles coming off of it? Or is it just something to not be concerned about? jerg, any ideas?


Anyone? @jerg?

post #12836 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Quite a bit.  I'm comparing it to my expensive custom cable at the moment.  I'm leaning toward unloading it, and may have an interested Head-Fier.  Still need to listen to a few more songs.

 

The one thing I like about this custom made one is the braided wires inside the sleeve.  I'm not sure the Mogami stripped of sheath and braided will fit inside the paracord.  I've got a few feet to play with, so I'll give it a whirl.  The braiding isn't difficult, just tedious.  Just need to find a good method to secure one end after I knot them.  The braid needs to be as tight as possible, I reckon.

 

I ordered more wire and parts from Redco today for an AKG cable and some interconnects.  Fun fun fun :darthsmile:

Doesn't the Mogami have a sheild, etc? If you are going to discard that, you could have just bought individual wires and braided it. I'll bet removing the sheild will not be fun. Did you by the 2799 from Redco? Did you have to buy some minimum number of feet? Other than your two feet.

 

post #12837 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Doesn't the Mogami have a sheild, etc? If you are going to discard that, you could have just bought individual wires and braided it. I'll bet removing the sheild will not be fun. Did you by the 2799 from Redco? Did you have to buy some minimum number of feet? Other than your two feet.

 

 

Yeah, that's wire/cable.  LOL, I didn't think about buying individual wires.  Removing the sheath and shield would be a PITA, it's true.  Wasn't too bad for the two pairs above the Y split, but that's only 15"-17" not nine feet :eek:  I'd like a longer cable for the times I need to roll or walk around the room.  Six feet just doesn't cut it, but it's a better length for just kickin' back (no rolling over it accidentally).

 

Yeah, got it from Redco.  They didn't balk at my 12' order today.  Don't think it's a big deal for them to snip and ship.  You're going to pay at least $7 (few cents less) for shipping, regardless of how much stuff you order.  I wish I'd planned ahead better and ordered it all the first time.

post #12838 of 18030

 MStage HPA-2 on DAC duty until I get a standalone (Concero/DC-1/UberBifrost??) The PSYT interconnects refuse to let the amp sit flush for those of you who are OCD.

post #12839 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post
 

 MStage HPA-2 on DAC duty until I get a standalone (Concero/DC-1/UberBifrost??) The PSYT interconnects refuse to let the amp sit flush for those of you who are OCD.

I saw a post earlier and someone used a rubber band around the cables to make their DAC/Amp sit flat.  You could try that.

post #12840 of 18030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelrikom View Post

I saw a post earlier and someone used a rubber band around the cables to make their DAC/Amp sit flat.  You could try that.
or even easier and cheaper solution...
just get urself some nice looking small rocks/stones..and put one or two on the mstage..ur wife/girlfriend will think its for decoration..lolz

That for sure will make the mstage more surefooted... Or exchange the glued-on rubbish footies (i always lost one of them in the carrying bag in which i took him with me) for some heavy (metal) footers of brass or something..or spikes..as long they add weight to the mstage its oke. And it looks so much better then a rubber band..come on guys..did someone really did that to his desktop rig? Fix it with a rubber band? That will look horrible!!! redface.gif the mstage is to good looking to do that!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/3/14 at 6:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .